Some of the accusations for the charges against Madame du Barry, compiled by George Grieve:
- She enjoyed the favour of the Crown of France, even after her so-called disgrace, and until the date of the Revolution she has been connected with those who are now our cruel enemies.
- She kept up relations with those enemies after the Revolution.
- She supplied the counter-revolution with money.
- She has made counter-revolutionary remarks against the Revolution and against Paris.
- She wore mourning for Louis XVI in London, where she only visited the emigres and the enemies of France
- She has squandered the resources of the state