bev and richie dragging each other in a cute playful way within the first ten seconds of their shared screentime is one of many bev/loser friendship moments that the miniseries nailed and the movie missed out on tbh
i feel weird? knowing i have the same name as ur bird
hey, think of it this way: my bird is really really good at saying ur name, in several different ways ranging from “rrrEEoh!” (a screech) to “riiiiiiioriiiiiiiiioriiiiiiiioriiiiiiio” (sounds kinda like a police car)
I just don’t understand. Or at least I can perfectly, but I can’t for the life of me put it into words. And yet I find words so beautiful. And then everyone gets frustrated just because I couldn’t fulfill my true capabilities, because I’ve neglected my potential, and the full understanding of what a waste you’ve done to your life, that is what makes you weep while staring off into space, willing the tears to come but they never do while you just sit there, not wanting the comfort of others and skirting away from everyone’s gaze because you know everyone is just waiting to pounce, foolhardily trying to give it if they see you; they think it’s on the surface, a flesh wound, can they even understand that a wound can be so deep? And you’ve already understood very early on that nobody can do anything about it. They always think that they can, but they never can so they just leave you because they don’t understand and so feel weird about it (such disdain you feel towards that and wonder why they came anyway). So in the end, why show it, what is there to show, it’s not as if you could show it anyway even if you tried; it’s not in your nature, because then it would just make everything worse. Is there anyway to can avoid this whole affair? You’ve known the answer from very early on; for the millionth time: no. So just smile and be happy. Make others happy, but if you’re overwrought with stress, goodbye, for it’ll be game over if you’re left with that alone.
It’s not a conscious decision, it’s just basic human knowledge (for you).
Is that the tragedy of the ENTP, or am I just bullshitting? I’m never sure. I really think I’m just bullshitting, I didn’t even write it correctly, I’m a real shitty writer. Ah, I’ll fix it later. Just did this ‘cause I was bored anyway.
“Monsieur.” Just on the right side of chiding, the corner of his lips twitching as they walked. “You worked for the company. You know they would not hire a man who would be so easily fooled and place him in this role.” Alexis chuckled softly, almost to himself. “I’m not sure whether to be offended at the possible slight to my intelligence and observational skills, or pleased at the compliment to my demeanor in the face of the extraordinary.”
They wandered through the base, stopping at one of the closets. “Pardon the odd location for it,” he sighed, digging through a box in the back before coming out with a bottle of fine Scotch. “Anything of value to drink has to be well hidden, or else Demo will find it. He has quite the nose.”
Moving into the kitchen, Alexis procured two glasses, pouring for the guest first. A furrowed brow a moment. “Aldous, Aldous…I don’t believe I’m personally familiar with the man. He might have left the service before I came into it - I know..your kind -” Spoken delicately, carefully - “tend to live long and stay youthful even beyond what Respawn does, so I cannot judge by your presumed years. It may be we just have not crossed paths.”
Leaning against the counter, he took a small sip, sighing happily at the taste. “It has been a while since I’ve had an excuse to break out something of this quality, monsieur, and for that I thank you.”
1. The crown literally controls the body of the user. It malfunctioning was literally like having your cpu dying, Ice King was short-circuitting so hard!
2. As some have noted already, the concioussness of all users get loaded to the crown. that clarifies how Gunther’s desire to be like Evergreen corrupted it: the deepest desires of each user get loaded permanently (alongside with their minds, suppose they act like software). I suppose this capacity to load user’s mind was what allowed Betty to implant her flying head IA Avatar constructed from her memories.
3. The crown circuits express themselves as a labrynth and can their spatial configuration can be re-arrenged, which causes damage to the crown (suppose it’s kinda alike to grabbing a soldering iron and fucking up the boards of your computer) . The circuits patters can also be analyzed in written form.
4. Betty’s reconfiguration was acting as an infection (YES! I like the theme of bio thechnologies!)
5. When operating properly, the crown will delete or corrupt the foreign data (the one that doesn’t belong to its users, seen as how Bonnie and Marcy’s image was getting distorted and how Betty’s IA ended up).
6. Wearing it a single time is enough to get one’s mind loaded.