It seemed popular with kd blogs. So. What are your top 13 kd moments..i cant be satisfied with only 5 :( That was why i asked 13 because 13 is kd number for me. Can you also explain why did you choose those? I know its hard since youve been
2. Following them since 2012.
Wow 13 is a lot :o But since I haven’t done KD spam for quite a while, this is the right moment to do one! And it’s indeed hard to choose only 13 out of so many precious KD’s moments u.u
So, let’s begin!
[[Do keep in mind that body languages can convey more than one meaning. However, to interpret a person behaviour depends on the situation. I don’t claim all of my analysis as facts. It’s an analysis from one pov - my pov. If you have something to say or a different opinion than mine, please be constructive. I can’t help you unless you help yourself first :)]]
1. I found this very interesting because JI was staring at KS when KS wasn’t even talking. This leads to my conclusion that this was an act from JI’s subconscious mind. Our subconscious mind mostly consists of implicit memory - things you do spontaneously or automatically. The act of staring at KS already registered into JI’s mind that it becomes a habit for him OR KS became his subject of interest that his eyes tend to gravitate towards him. A guy tends to maintain his eye contact at the person they attracted to.
KS’s reaction was even more interesting. He was blinking his eyes twice consecutively. Then, he swallowed followed by his eyes moving downwards. Rapid eyes blinking is a sign of nervous or under pressure while gulping is a sign of stress or embarrassment. The movement of his eyes downwards in this situation could be a sign of submission.
Please don’t get be wrong. I don’t mean being submissive in that way. JI’s gaze was dominant which got KS nervous and embarrassed. It’s a natural reaction or stimuli when you got flustered. Your first response is lowered your gaze because you’re at your vulnerable state. It’s like telling the other person ‘please stop looking at me because I can’t look back at you’.
If you noticed, JI also blinked his eyes after KS did. He was mirroring KS. It also happened unconsciously. Mirroring could mean similarity or likeness.
So many things happened in just one gif…. or am I just looking things into deep? But that’s the thing about humans. They think they can hide with their words but their movements betrayed them. I believe that the more person moves, the more their body tell us. The more it appears implicit, the more truth in it.
2. This is a part of the gif set where JI tried to get KS’s attention but he got ignored. I like this moment because JI used his upper body to express his displeasures. He moved his body away from facing KS, turning his head around, patting his hand on his chest to calm himself down (internal emotions debate) and his mouth was moving that doesn’t form any words. The movement of mouth could indicate that he was thinking to say something. The words were already in his mind but he wasn’t planning to say it out loud. However, his mouth moved along with his thoughts.
This moment is cute because angry JI is cute. Lol.
3. The first time I saw this gif set was only the 2nd and the 3rd one. Then, I watched the video. I was shocked when JI called KS in that manner when KS was obviously older than him. JI was showing his dominance when his body leaned to the back, creating a space in front of him; meaning he’s not afraid if you’re near him. The slight nod of his head also a sign of power/dominance in that situation.
Don’t get me wrong what I meant by dominance in this context. You have to understand that dominance doesn’t imply one is more dominant than the other. It’s more like showing during this situation, I’m more confident than you are.
Then, the neck grabbing. According to study, besides the private region for an obvious reason, nape of the neck is the 3rd intimate/sensitive part to touch for men. The neck itself is a sensitive area for all humans.
Both of them extended their hands to reach out for the other person - JI for KS’s neck and KS for JI’s waist. This an act of welcoming the person, offering or seeking affection. It’s like the opposite of crossing your arms.
This moment really warms my heart. It shows that despite the fact that they are not the same age, they actually treat each other like they are the same age when SK really emphasize to treat the older appropriately.
4. According to expertise, head is a very personal area that only reserved for close relatives and intimate partners to touch. Head touching is a sign that you trust the other person and you shared a strong bond with them. It can be between friends too!
It’s like when your father, mother or friend patted your head. Usually, you don’t do it to people that are older than you. You don’t do it to your father or mother out of respect. I mean like, I don’t do it to them but I like it when my mom caressed my head. It also happens between athletes. When they scored, they touched each other head. But that’s in a different environment because it becomes a habit and a normal practice for them.
However, I find JI touching KS’s head very special because I repeat, KS is older than JI. They must share a very deep bond for KS to allow JI to touch his head.
5. I love the smile on KS’s face and the way they don’t look at each other when their hands touched. IMO, KS seems like he was trying to hide his smile when he pressed his lips together. His face muscles reacted unconsciously to smile but then he tried to hide it which resulted in a stiff looking expression - not natural.
But KD has always been subtlely obvious anyway. lol.
6. The famous jagi moment. Never forget guys!!
7. A person might see this picture and go aww. But whenever I see this picture I’ll be like they’re in love. This picture speaks louder than those KD shippers’ haters. Sorry, not sorry.
Anyway, last year, I read articles about how a picture can define a couple/two people relationship. It states that when two people body curves toward each other, forming a circle or even love, it shows that their relationship is good and intimate. When I saw that picture, it reminded me of the articles I read.
It’s like when you were taking a family picture and your parents just gravitated their upper body inwards to face each other. Even in a random picture of your friends and his/her partner, you can see how their bodies just move inwards - the gravitation is strong. You can never deny the pull of your body. Your body knows you more than you think you know yourself.
I find this picture very intimate. I believe if we look at the moment from the front, their heads probably formed a heart <3
8. I find this moment very intimate. JI’s nose touching KS’s ear is one thing but look at how their bodies moved inwards/towards each other. At the 2nd and last gif, even tho JI already leaned in so close, KS still turned his body around to get closer, it’s like close is not close enough to him.
In the 2nd gif as well, both of their hands moved towards each other and touched. Their hands actually remained in that position instead of pulling away.
The fact they kept on moving from just staying in one position really amplifies the pull of their body towards each other. It’s like you’re sitting next to your partner. It’s close but to you it’s not close enough.
9. I think in this moment, it was very unnecessary for KS to hold JI’s hand like that. You can see KS actually jerked JI’s hands towards his direction from the way he pulled his elbow and the slight halt of JI’s body before he turned around to face KS.
It’s like ‘babe you’re not going anywhere without me’. haha.
10. This random touches never fail to warm my heart. It could be accidental or otherwise. But the way JI slides his arm downwards is a sign of intimacy because it lingers more than necessary. Intimacy can define between family, friends or partner.
However, look at the way KS moved his eyes. I remember reading a text about eyes movement. It states that when your eyes move from one side to the other side once, it means you’re being aware of the surrounding. You wanted to appear subtle and not suspicious. The verbal meaning is ‘I hope no one saw that’.
Anyway, as I was saying, KS’s eyes moved from one side to the other side right after JI touched his shoulder. You can see how his eyes paused at a certain point before he moved to the other point. He subconsciously observing the surrounding.
We also have caught KS looking around a few times when JI initiated skinship. Why are you being so suspicious KS? Is there something you’re hiding from us? ehem.
11. The famous pepero CF. I love this moment too. The part where JI doesn’t mind when his fingers touched KS’s lips. He even pressed it close to KS’s lips and look at the way JI smiled and munched. He might be eating pepero too but he only moved his lips after KS moved his lips too. Another gesture of mirroring.
12. The loving stares JI sent to KS. His eyes just screamed love. The way he tilted his head while watching KS talking. When a person exposed their neck it means they are not threatened by the other person or feels comfortable. It’s the opposite of touching/covering your neck which is a sign of nervous or timid. The area of the neck is very sensitive. During that moment, JI seems to be very comfortable and relax. It means that KS makes him feel comfortable.
The way KS turned his head and looked at JI while laughing then JI laughed too is so endearing to watch. KS gravitated towards JI, turning his head while laughing because he was seeking for that similarity/like-ness. ‘Do you find this funny too?’. JI mirrored KS again, laughing. If you pay attention to the 5th gif, after KS turned his head towards JI then faced the front again, he stopped laughing. Then, he laughed again after JI laughed.
JI also slide his hand across KS’s back (unnecessary touches) and caressing it. I really like this moment a lot. JI barely do anything but his eyes spoke volume.
13. Who doesn’t love this moment? How they can just relate to each other with just one gesture and it straight away reminded KS of the subject JI talked about. The way they laughed together like a domino effect. It was said that a couple that laughed together a lot has a higher quality relationship. Laughing together shows that you share a strong or deep bond with someone. It can be between family and friends too.
Look at how in sync their body were. Laughing –> body fell forward –> looking at each other –> reaching their hands –> sat straight. It was like JI was mirroring KS.
And La_y’s reaction is fun to watch as well. I never see him so obvious like this before. He always had that neutral face (no changes. just one expression throughout one moment). La_y touched his chin. Touching/stroking your chin is a sign that someone is thinking hard OR judging/evaluating something. He also moved his head to face KS then JI before he touched his chin. It indicates he was actually thinking/judging them.
Then, his head and body were more dominant on his right side. He moved his head from right, downwards to the right. The right side is the constructive side. It’s a sign that he was having internal thoughts/emotions. Like he was thinking of something.
I just love how genuine this moment was.
Well that’s my top 13 I guess.
Anyway, KD is real ;)
Keep calm and support KD. Take care anon!
gifs/pictures/video credited to their respective owner!