He did talk about Rob Sheffield, it’s true [laughter]. Obviously, Rob Sheffield has written, you know, great stuff. The way Rob writes about One Direction and Harry has been really good. [Harry] definitely agreed.
i’ve already done a tutorial on back legs, so i guess this will be like the other half to it haha
so ! while a cat’s haunches are a trapezoid, a cats shoulders are like a very skinny and squished half circle. this shape is actually a simplified version of the scapula + humerus bones. it extends from the tip of the shoulder down to the elbow
some things to note about cats is that they have FLAT chests. their chests will not protrude like a dogs. yes, sometimes their fluff and fur may make it look like they have extended chests, but in reality it’s flat
the rest of the leg is fairly simple, it’s just the shoulders i notice a lot of people have problems with. so let’s draw a cat then yea?
i started with the head first, followed by the chest. you can see i used a rounded rhombus for that. starting with the chest + head can help your character feel more stable and proportional and help give weight to the character. then i threw in the shoulders and the rest.
legs are fairly simple, they will get smaller slightly towards the feet. you can make them more muscular or skinny depending on the character you want.
HERE IS AN EASY TRICK FOR PROPORTIONS. A cat’s elbows WILL ALMOST ALWAYS align with their stomach. The beginning of the leg will align with the end of the chest. (obviously if you’re drawing super longhaired cats thats different but)
Her shoulders look broad, but they’re actually not. Her little coat sort of has padding, like shoulder pads in some suits women wear. Boy characters often don’t have shoulders (or you know, anything that would make them stand out like padding on a uniform), so because Meli is always hanging out with Milo and Zack, and not around other girls, it’s easy to say she has the broadest shoulders.
Sometimes the animators will follow the character constructions to a tee and make sure to show the difference between Meli with the coat and Meli without, and sometimes they won’t get it right. But humans aren’t perfect, and whether her shoulders show as broad or not when wearing the coat is not a pressing matter lol. Not unless the show was focused on her shoulders XP
tl;dr: Compared to other boys, Melissa has the broadest shoulders. But she has shoulders as wide as any other girl on the show her age; the coat she wears is deceiving XD
Your mother & I
dance under a cloudy sky
in an ambience dim;
raindrops hang off my hat’s brim
fall they do when her I dip
tears they become upon her quivering lip;
like dew dusking a tulip
here we embrace; in a blip –
gone the days, the memories
into a haze disappear the reveries
And so the music no one hears
tapers off as time to depart nears
I kiss her hand and she looks away
her sights set on another bay;
Gliding over the waters’ spray
she leaves dappled with dismay
I watch her go, feet firm on the shore
…it begins to pour.
Here are more of my Belle/Adam NSFW headcanons that were actually asked for this time
Quick note: The first two headcanons will probably be familiar, since I already leaked them (and also, my recent fic is based off the second headcanon lol). Enjoy the Sin™
• Some nights they take baths together, both of them seated in a tub of lukewarm water, rose petals floating on the water’s surface, dim candles flickering soft light onto the dark walls, and Belle between Adam’s legs with her back rested against his firm chest. The atmosphere of the candle-lit room always starts out serene, usually filled with quiet conversations, Adam’s fingers skimming through Belle’s damp hair and grazing his manicured nails along her scalp, as she talks enthusiastically about whatever book she is reading at the moment. She will have the book with her, of course, and Adam will happily hook his chin over her shoulder and let her read to him. Eventually, to no one’s surprise, the once tranquil room comes to life with the sounds of sloshing water, desperate sighs, and smacking lips when Adam can no longer contain the desire pooling low in his belly at the gentle, clearly articulated sound of Belle’s voice. Her intellect—for some ungodly reason—is outrageously alluring. A deft hand between her legs, a teasing mouth at her ear, and suddenly water is spilling over the tub walls and splattering onto the floor, Belle writhing as she comes undone in Adam’s arms with his name on her lips.
• He doesn’t know why it takes him so long to notice, but when she is perched upon his bare chest and tracing a gentle finger over his parted lips, it dawns over Adam that Belle is quite fixated on his mouth. And oh, the fun he has with that. It starts out subtle; him quickly licking the pad of his index finger before turning the page of his book when he knows she’s watching, and “accidentally” missing her lips when he goes in for a quick peck, instead pressing a chaste (but is it chaste?) kiss to the corner of her mouth. It is only when Belle notices a sudden new habit of his, one of which involves dragging his finger across his bottom lip while in thought (and one that has been occurring quite too often), that she starts to become suspicious. Realization strikes when she scolds Adam for saying something crude, and he smugly calls her out.
“That filthy mouth of yours!”
“You mean the one that you revere so much? Amoureux, your eyes haven’t left my lips since I entered the room. If you’re going to kiss me, please, don’t abstain any longer. I’m sure you’re starving for it.”
And she had never kissed him like that before. All tongue and teeth and shoulders slamming into bookshelves. And when she begs him to fuck her, he chuckles and breathes into her ear, “That filthy mouth of yours.”
• Another thing Belle is rather taken with; Adam finishing inside of her. There is something so satisfying in the way the muscles in his back tense beneath her fingers as he comes, the way he settles his hot, heavy weight on top of her after one last, deep thrust. His face always hovers briefly, mouth open soundlessly, until he buries his head against her shoulder and lets out a beautiful noise that is somehow a mixture of a moan, a growl, and a cry. She finds so much comfort in his body trembling in her arms as he tries to catch his breath, her cheek resting against his hair. She would stay there forever if she could.
• The first time they fight—and not just one of their short-lived, trifling quarrels, but a real fight that results in slamming doors and raw throats—Belle and Adam don’t speak for days. Every time they pass each other in the castle, Belle’s shoulders stiffen and Adam sticks out his chin and clenches his jaw. And it is Belle, of course, who makes a snide remark and gets the whole ball rolling once more. The servants make away with themselves when the screaming starts, and Adam is damn near ready to leave himself when Belle gets in his face, the two of them nose to nose and breathing heavily. But there is this superior twinkle in her eyes, and something in Adam snaps. The force of his lips on hers leaves them bruised in the aftermath, and their chests audibly collide when he pulls her flush against his body. They don’t make it to a bed, a piece of furniture, or even a wall, he just takes her in the middle of the floor. And at some point words of anger melt into coos of affection, rough touches turn tender, and the hard snap of his hips slows to a languid grind. That prideful twinkle in Belle’s eyes is replaced by a warm, doting glow, and the two lovers fall into a fit of giggles once they’re through; sweaty, sated, and laughing on the floor in their torn and ruffled clothes.
• Jealous!Adam :-)
• Adam takes Belle in the garden because he knows that the new gardener who has been eyeing his wife is currently trimming the hedges nearby. Belle doesn’t protest at all—she does quite the opposite, actually. If there was any doubt that the gardener didn’t hear her obscene and unabashedly loud cries of pleasure, that doubt was obliterated immediately when the gardener spotted the pair a few hours later and hastily averted his gaze.
• I have mentioned this concept a few times before, but let us just consider it again; Adam getting so overwhelmed while he is dancing with Belle, that he drags her away in the midst of a ball to an alcove just off the ballroom so he can have his way with her. He cramps her into the corner of the already confined space, pressing hot, sloppy kisses to her lips and husking out words of molten desire into her open mouth. Having her husband’s tongue inside of her is oddly much more exhilarating when the chatter of their party guests can be heard from only 15 feet away, and Belle’s orgasm takes her by surprise when she hears her father’s curious voice creeping closer to the alcove, the possibility of being caught distending between her legs and washing through her whole body in a new and alarming form of euphoria.
• Having sex in places where they can easily get caught becomes a thing for them, because hey, we all know they be kinky as hell.
• Also, um… balcony sex… (o˘◡˘o)
• ON A FINAL NOTE, BELLE TOTALLY PUT ON A SHOW FOR ADAM ONE NIGHT BY WEARING NOTHING BUT HIS BEDAZZLED CORONET UPON HER HEAD, AND SHE MADE HIM CALL HER “HIGHNESS” AKLFHLAKHLKAF (I DON’T FUCKING CARE IF HISTORY SAYS FRENCH PRINCE’S DIDN’T WEAR CORONETS, YOU CAN’T CONVINCE ME THAT ADAM DIDN’T HAVE SOME SORT OF CROWN)