I was tagged by logodaedalist =p
1. Link me to your favorite poem you’ve read lately.
Try as I might, I can’t find a link so I’ll just write it out here:
"What Is It About Hands?" 1. I never think of them. They do their work automatically. Mine are small and childish—almost paws. I'm not "good with them." Once when I was young, my mother burst out laughing as she watched me try to sew a hem. 2. Wait, now it comes back to me— my obsession with hands—not real ones, but the hands of statues and mannequins with their perfect fingers and polished nails. They seemed to reach out— "a spare pair" from another world offering metaphysical assistance. I bought one from a street vendor who had a whole array of artificial limbs spread out on a blanket. How I loved that hand! Would hold it shyly when alone—and kept it on my coffee table to add a surreal touch. But some girls I worked with came over for drinks and stole it. I remember calling them and feeling rather silly saying: "I know you've got my hand and I want it back." Them giggling, then finally acquiescing. It wasn't the same though. I looked at it differently— not knowing where it had been. — Elaine Equi
2. What was the last hobby you tried out that was new or unfamiliar to you?
Stamp collecting, I guess.
3. Have you heard a song recently that you liked that you didn’t know about before? What was it?
viperslang just introduced me to Caro Emerald, if that counts.
4. What is your favorite type of weather?
Definitely windy autumn afternoons, preferably near the sea.
5. Can you immediately think of a piece of advice someone important gave to you, word for word?
”A good mattress can change your life.” – My brother, Tom
6. If you suddenly were given enough money to pay your current concerns plus a hundred extra just to treat yourself, what would you buy as your treat?
Twenty or so poetry books.
7. Tell me about your dream house. No limits.
I’ve never given this much thought. Let’s work with pictures, shall we?
8. If you could orchestrate your last day on earth down to the tiniest detail, how would you design it?
Around loved ones.
9. Out of all the fictional alien species you know, which would you pick to be the first alien race humanity interacts with in the real world?
10. If you became insanely wealthy overnight and never had to work again for money, what would you spend your time doing?
Even split between playing poker, sailing, and furthering my education.