Okay with a couple of weeks left until school I thought I’d put out a post with some advice on everyday things I generally keep in my locker or my bag for easy access and generally to make my life easier.
- dehydration is bad, water combats it.
- this both saves money, because things at school from vending machines, etc. tend to be more expensive, and also because you have more control over what you’re eating.
- if you wear contacts, you’ll know that sometimes they get irritating and you’ll probably need these at some point.
- useful for when it’s cold (obviously), or when you spill something on yourself and have to get through the rest of the day.
- life saver after PE and it’s good for just generally if you have to go somewhere after school.
Feminine Hygiene products
- periods are hell, but being prepared for them makes things easier. Keep pads and tampons at the ready (whatever you use really) because you never know when you or one of your friends will need one.
- I keep Colgate wisps in my bag because they’re always useful to have on hand, if you don’t want to carry around a full toothbrush.
- Clips/Bobbles/Travel Hairbrush/Dry Shampoo - okay I think these are useful for obvious reasons.
- if you wear it, spare makeup for touch ups is always good to have on you, I usually keep concealer, powder, mascara and a roll on perfume in my bag.
Suncream and Sunglasses
- if it’s sunny, or if you’re sensitive to sunburn/sun in general, these are always useful to have on you. I usually keep suncream in my locker year round, because I sunburn extremely easily and it’s just easier to have it on me.
- more weather-sensitive stuff - I live in perpetually rainy England, so this is a lifesaver because it basically always rains.
- Spare pens/paper/a calculator/USB/Sticky notes/etc. - again, always useful to have around in case you’re caught short.
Hand Lotion/Lip Balm/Oil Blotting Sheets
- this isn’t the best for you, but it’s good for a little pick me up or breath freshening, or whatever.
Small Mirror/Nail File/Emery Board/Nail Scissors
- it’s always good to have some source of entertainment for breaks/cancelled classes
- Textbooks/Notebooks/Class Materials/Pencil Case - this is pretty obvious really.