Saw a post that got me thinking about honoring Eir… Thought I’d share some ideas here. Some of these are little ideas, and some are BIG ones…. I’m super curious what other folk do!
Some offerings might include:
- Water (healing, key to life, purifying, cleansing)
- Healing herbs (like chamomile or chamomile tea. Choose something specific to what sort of healing you are seeking if you can)
- Chicken Noodle Soup, Saltines, Ritz, Gatorade or some other food you associate with taking care of someone who’s sick (my list is based purely in the local remedies for minor colds)
Devotional acts might include:
- Practicing self-care
- Taking care of people who are ill (physically, mentally, spiritually)
- Tending a medical herb garden
- Volunteering at a hospital, nursing home, or other service that heals or provides care
- Doing research about medicine or healing arts
- Studying/Practicing a healing art like massage, acupuncture, reiki, mainstream medicine, counseling…
- Becoming and staying informed about systems that oppress and disadvantage people with disabilities
- Joining disability activist work
- Engaging in activism that supports low SES people and families in accessing medical care.
- Preventative health care - keeping yourself healthy; helping others stay healthy; helping others have the opportunity to stay healthy; helping keep your community/land healthy…