• Jorja Smith - Blue Lights
• Local Natives - Past Lives
• Fenne Lily - Top To Toe
• Lil Silva - Caught Up ft. Cosima
• Jorja Smith - A Prince ft Maverick Sabre
• The Chordettes - Mr. Sandman
• Chantelle Milanese (Baby Doll) - Blank Canvas
• AURORA - Runaway
• Roseau - Alright
• Why? - Simeon’s Dilemma
• Ferraby Lionheart - The Ballad of Gus and Sam
• The Internet - Girl
• Local Natives - Airplanes
• Local Natives - Wide Eyes
Past Lives by Local Natives. This past week LA five-piece Local Natives released their first new music since their standout 2013 album, Hummingbird. The new single, Past Lives, is a widescreen track that features driving expansive percussion and soaring harmonies.
The world is not static, it’s made new over and over again. But we tend to live the same patterns in a loop, loving the same way, wrestling the same demons, the same dynamics playing out around us again and again. Untangling every moment and decision that led us to where we are now can make fate feel concrete, inescapable. But our world is not fixed, it’s constantly reemerging, and we can change it into whatever we want. - Taylor Rice, Local Natives
Live on the Green Featuring Minus the Bear, Real Estate, Local Natives 8/17/17, Nashville, TN
Live on the Green reached a milestone last week. For the 50th time in its ninth year, Nashville gathered to listen to free music and watch the sun set on Public Square Park. Put on by quite literally the best radio station (they just won FMQB’s Triple A Station of the Year!), Lightning 100 has built a radio festival that competes with the big dogs of the festival circuit.
What I love about LOTG is even if you just know one band on the lineup for the night, you’ll find something you can appreciate about the other bands you don’t know. Lightning 100 does a great job of organizing each night of music to fit the same general vibe. Previously unknown to me, Minus the Bear kicked things off and I found much more than one thing to appreciate. A careful mix between laid back and hard rock, fans weren’t out of place taking a nap in the field or jumping around in the front row. “Invisible” illustrated this perfectly, with an intro that lead you believe it will this would be a fast-paced punk rock thrasher. However, once the drums came in, it slid into a groove and the guitar riff went in double-time. Whether you were front row or trying to find a food truck to satisfy your hunger cravings, Minus the Bear was a perfect start to the night.
☀ hot summer, cool vibes ☀ | [listen here] | a playlist meant for good summer vibes and enjoying summer 2016 ☀
1. Back 2 U - Walk the Moon & Steve Aoki | 2. All We Ever Knew - The Head and the Heart | 3. Drag - Day Wave | 4. Ain’t No Man - The Avett Brothers | 5. To My Soul - Jerry Folk | 6. Love Me - The 1975 | 7. Past Lives - Local Natives | 8. Texas - Magic Man | 9. Whole Life Story - Passion Pit | 10. Believer - Paper Lions | 11. Cold Cold Man - Saint Motel | 12. Lovetap! - Smallpools | 13. Heart - Flor | 14. Your Body Is a Weapon - The Wombats | 15. Year Zero - Moon Taxi | 16. Past Lives - BØRNS | 17. Reaper Man - Mother Mother | 18. Absolutely - Ra Ra Riot | 19. The Sound - The 1975 | 20. Lousy Connection - Ezra Furman | 21. Work It Out - Knox Hamilton | 22. The Less I Know the Better - Tame Impala | 23. Dyin’ to Live - Smallpools | 24. Reflections - Misterwives | 25. California - Grimes | 26. Feeling Ok - Best Coast | 27. Gone - Day Wave | 28. Get Out - Frightened Rabbit | 29. Bros - Wolf Alice