Chipotle Chicken Tacos
2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced in bite size pieces
1 tsp cumin
pinch of garlic powder
1 chipotle pepper diced
1 tsp adobo sauce
1-package yellow corn tortillas
2-4 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 large tomato, diced
1 avocado, diced
Fresh baby spinach
Plain Greek yogurt (in place of sour cream)
Freshly squeezed limejuice
*Note: The chipotle peppers come in a can labeled “Chipotles in adobo” these cans will contain both the chipotle pepper and the adobo sauce you will need. You will have a lot left over, put in Ziploc bags because they freeze very well.
1. In a skillet on low heat, sauté 2 Tbs olive oil and bell pepper for 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken to skillet as well as cumin, garlic powder, chipotle pepper, and adobo sauce. Be sure to mix together well. Raise to med heat.
3. Cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked, 8-12 minutes depending on the size of your skillet and chicken pieces.
4. As the chicken is cooking, turn the oven to the broil setting. Be sure to leave your oven cracked open when the broiler is on!
5. Lay 5-6 tortillas (or however many will fit) flat on a cookie sheet and brush on a bit of olive oil to each. After each tortilla is lightly coated on one side, place pan in oven for about 2 minutes.
6. Pull the pan out and carefully fold the tortillas in half. Replace pan to oven.
7. After another 1-2 minutes, flip the tortillas. They should be very lightly browned, if left in too long they will begin to burn so be sure to keep an eye on them!
8. Cook for another 1-2 minutes and then remove from oven and set aside. The tortillas should have formed a nice crunchy shell.
9. Once chicken is cooked, remove from heat and fill taco shells with chicken.
10. Top with desired toppings and enjoy!