dan’s liveshow 04/04/17
- on his phone today!
- they go to Australia next week so no live shows for 3 weeks! But there will be uploads on the live show days!
- me + phil vs phil + i discourse.
- april fools video!!
- dan’s upside down and people feel sick??
- he’s wearing the scratchy weed shirt
- ‘danisnotonfire is a compilation of visual breakdowns’
- sunday school anecdote
- mario cart
- guess the crime reprise
- ceo of youtube convo
- dan borrowed phil’s jacket??
- “extreme kinks”
- club penguin video!
- new attack on titan
- asmr dan reprise w/ keys
- food delivery rant
- sims is the next gaming video!
- dan used to role play as sonic??
- “have a good day!!”
Shawn Mendes live is a goddamn experience. I’m not even exaggerating. His vocals both killed me and brought me back to life, he was that good. And his band. Jesus, his band is amazing. I thought the entire production was well done and made the show that much better. We had nosebleed seats but our view of the stage was stellar. So when he come on to B stage, which was right in front of us, I died a little bit because he was right there.
For those of you who know me well, you know that my dream job is to animate visuals for concerts. I’ve decided to take matter into my own hands, and set up a Patreon to do exactly that. I’ve struggled with deep self doubt and anxiety over this crazy dream for a few of years now. I’ve been rejected from so many potential jobs that the phrase “You’re really talented!” means nothing to me anymore. But I’ve gotten to the point in my life where I just don’t care. I want to make this dream a reality no matter what. I am on a quest to make fine art move after all. ;)
By pledging, you will get 1080p videos of my GIFs to be used for all of your live visual needs. I will also have desktop wallpapers of each GIF that I make available. And if enough people are interested I’ll be able to add more rewards, like weekly process videos of how I make everything.
If you’re unable to pledge (which is completely understandable), could you please help spread the word by reblogging this? That would mean the world to me!
If you click on the pull-through menu, you’ll find a bunch of options: easy access to a few commonly-tagged Daveed-related things, as well pertinent posts, like the running list of any upcoming live shows.
That immediately sends you straight to the 2017 Master Post of upcoming live shows. I update it every time something new is announced, so you can always keep track with what he’s doing next!
It’s really disconcerting to go from writing sweetly awkward 2009 phan smut one minute to watching a 2017 Dan live show the next minute. I think I got the bends.
He was wearing a t-shirt which he described as displaying a reproduction of a piece of art from a Ricardo Tisci exhibition. I looked up Ricardo Tisci, and he’s a fashion designer, not an artist. DAN IS A FASHION NERD! (Like this is news.)
He waxed philosophical about love, as someone in the chat said that it’s a social construct. He said that he thought it was primarily physical attraction combined with the paralyzing fear of losing someone from your life. I guess love doesn’t make Dan happy? I mean, where was the romance in his description? I found his definition of love rather sad, to be honest.
He’s promised a new DINOF video within the next two days. We’ll see, Daniel. We’ll see. My trust has been damaged in the past.
He talked about the importance of hydration again. Funny but true: I always have a mug of water nearby, and every time he mentions hydration, whether it’s in a video or a live show, I take a drink. Apparently, I am Dan Howell’s bitch. Tell me what to do, Dan, and I’ll apparently do it without a second thought.
YouNow tipping is annoying as hell. I mean seriously. It totally covers his face half the time. He joked about it, but I find it just really annoying (can’t be bothered to find a synonym). That’s one thing that’s nice when I miss a live show and have to watch it on YouTube: all the YouNow tipping crap is gone!
Okay, I have no other thoughts at the moment. Guess I’ll get back to writing that sweetly awkward 2009 smut. (Hoping to finish the Halloween Gathering fic to post tomorrow.)
I feel like every single time there’s a liveshow coming up lately there’s a BUNCH of drama and theories. Like… I get that they’ve been suspiciously quiet lately, but do you really think they’d announce something on a show for way less people than their main channel audience, or… you know… the interview they’re having in like a week that would be the perfect place for an announcement?
I get that it’s fun to theorize, but I’ve seen a lot of people legitimately stressing themselves out lately and getting into fights. Let’s try to keep it light and not take things too seriously, okay guys? We all love Dan and Phil, we all want to see them succeed and be happy.
OMG Ghost Stories. I had forgotten how moving Cecil’s story was.
The audience listens to him in complete silence. He can really captivate the audience. Little changes in tone, little silences and whispers. Then booming loud voice, or mad laughter.
When I was at the show, I was literally on the edge of my seat, leaning in to hear more. I found myself still doing that as I listened to it just now. I did remember the gist of it, but there’s so much complexity to the language and the story, it’s not really possible to recall it all until you hear the recording. It’s like a book of poetry when you write it out.
1. Interesting group routine….like let’s count how many bad wigs there are
2. I will say the new stage set up works for this
3. Jenna looks hella awkward towards the end of it
4. OhHHhhh a new title sequence v interesting like new color scheme and everything
5. Gahd Kiki’s wig takes the cake for worst one
6. I’m glad they brought back the intros
7. I hope Logan doesn’t get too leggy he might fall into the Tate trap from last season
8. God Robert you’re a king
9. Mandy and Val a choreography pairing i never knew that I wanted or could work
10. A solo and an All Star paired dance….sytycd yall whack
11. Glad we got some rehearsal footage
12. Maybe Mark should have been on last season
13. Looks like I can’t hate this dance because they pegged one of my fave songs
14. Mark has some technique like damn
15. Also Comfort and Mark’s chemistry is off the charts
16. Ray got them panting so Mark and Comfort can’t scream
17. Those hips Mark
18. Mark and Comfort’s breathe breathe scream thing is so cute and funny ngl
19. So is Koine like contemporary?
20. You know what I don’t care that solo is divine
21. Logan is so powerful, he could really be a favorite of mine based on that solo
22. Idk Gaby I didn’t see personality from Lex just because he smirked
23. I don’t know I can’t help looking at Gaby in this dance
24. Girlfriend is serving like there’s a reason she won
25. Lex is doing well but he’s having the case of all star outshining
26. I agree with Mary; the lifts were insane but chemistry needs some work
27. The crowd loves them though so that’s good
28. A little shaky but good performance from Taylor, i also appreciate her not on the floor the whole time
29. “the hoodiest hip hop” oh god jenna
30. I’m so sorry Luther
31. Does Kiki need his glasses? he auditioned without them
32. Ew is this suicide squad theme?
33. I hate this so freaking much
34. Without the song or the gimmicks this is literally worst than the candy dance with JT and Emma last year
35. Kiki and Jenna please take the L and go home already
36. Why are all the judges lying on this stage?
37. “They showed the reason why they kept you.” yeah no nigel stop
38. Vanessa is so annoying like i cringe with every time she screams lit
39. sytycd is so disrespectful like why are they trying to pass that off like a good dance
40. Have they like explicitly said that magnificent kaylee is a fusion dancer??; her solo is all things good
41. Sydney no sob stories please, it makes me not like you
42. Their height difference is really messing with me ngl
43. What’s Sydney’s home studio?? Something tells me contemporary isn’t really out her style…
44. It was beautiful but I wasn’t moved :\
45. Is vanessa’s job to shout out all the choreographers lol
46. vanessa sounds like me in english class bullshitting a story i didn’t read for homework
47. Robert is a fucking innovator like no one on this show has moved like he does
48. Dassy makes popping super sexy
49. Maybe she’ll get redemption for all the poppers *cough* Jaja *cough* that “missed the mark”
50. Logan and Brian Friedman….interesting
51. this rehearsal footage has my mouth dropped way open
52. logan’s getting me on his side
53. Brian is such a visual artist; i love his sytycd work
54. I’m in love with this dance but logan looks like a boy stature wise next to Allison, dancing wise he looks like twitch up there
55. yikes this chestplate thing
56. logan is stealing lex’s thunder as a fusion dancer
57. p.s. i’m officially a logan stan watch out now i have like four people i want to win now
58. oh we’re actually have the step team on here?????
59. (I mean i’ve heard of the documentary)
60. the all stars are dancing with them???????????
61. Marko struggled real hard in the beginning of that routine like kiki level struggled
62. nice of them to have them on the show and get some exposure but i still stand by what i sad when she auditioned it really isn’t the stage for them idk it felt weird accapella compared to what we’ve seen for almost an hour
63. idk lex’s solo seem less fantastic compared to what we’ve seen from the other competitors
64. hip hop choreographers on this show are on another level like damn
65. pharside and phoenix give me life
66. hey kiki watch kaylee that’s how you dance outside your style
67. werk girl she reminds me of ricky doing hip hop like pleasantly amazing
68. Hey sytycd a perfect celebrity judge is alyson stoner please get her on the show next season
69. Ngl forgot Taylor and Robert still had to dance
70. film noir we’ll see al???
71. Taylor needs to make me believe last week wasn’t all thanks to travis
72. Her hair and the lighting is hiding her; i can’t really see the acting
73. It was nice but I bet I won’t remember it in five minutes
74. I feel like it could’ve set to another lyrical/contemporary song and it could work which isn’t good for me
75. I mean Film Noir and Classical Broadway doesn’t mix like at all; like two different eras but that’s for another post
76. Don’t get all starry eyed Taylor; Nigel liking you is like the kiss of death
77. Sydney what a horrible song to do a solo to but bomb dancing at the end of it
78. African Jazz is always scary to me just like Bollywood for obvious reasons
79. It was good but I felt Marko was holding her back at points, like Marko looked like the competitor
80. Nigel stfu about this shitty diversity reach
81. I literally was just thinking what part of Africa does Sean specialize in because it’s never clear whenever I watch his dances but imma just shut my mouth
82. Mark is literally the only bboy that’s been on this show that I’m totally in love with
83. Seeing Robert’s rehearsal package makes me so sad like I’m crying
84. I can’t believe “America” slept on him
85. He deserves the world; he is unreal
86. I am so fucking done with nigel trying to justify this elimination
87. Saying you felt something after watching all these other dances Nigel you’re trash
88. I hate myself but that solo was bomb kiki
89. “let’s have a kiki” pls stop
90. Dassy is a character and I love it
91. pretty sure she fell oh no
92. I literally can’t stop smiling it was amazing
93. vanessa pls….stop
94. Elimination time wait hold up I knew it I fucking knew it the judges decided
95. Last time they did this the fans rioted like tb to jessica from seasons 11 (nigel saved her every single elimination round and my hatred grew)
97. Nigel you’re trash.
98. Someone pls gif Robert’s dance during the credits.