Well, I was at Cannes this year. it was pretty awesome. I saw a lot of people (Elle Fanning, Fan Bingbing, Emma Suarez, Mathieu Amalric, Naomi Kawase, Philippe Garrel, Bong Joon-ho, Kim Min-hee, Michel Franci…), I met a lot of cool people as well. I lived some cool shit, like you know, the Okja screening heh, and other funny stuff. Great experience, also very tiresome sometimes. It was cool being around all those people who live only for cinema, and also around those people who live for some kind of fame, whatever.
You can learn from both. I learnt a lot.
. I saw the weird side of this little universe, and it always feel like a distant dream.
Here’s my top 10 through the different competitions and stuff:
- You Were Never Really Here (Lynne Ramsay)
- The Day After (Hong Sang-soo)
- Hikari (Naomi Kawase)
- Loveless (Andrei Zvyaginstev)
- Okja (Bong Joon-ho)
- Before We Vanish (Kiyoshi Kurosawa)
- Wind River (Taylor Sheridan)
- Good Time (Safdie Bros)
- L’Amant double (François Ozon)
- A Gentle Creature (Sergei Loznitsa)