dearest gemma,first your fics light up my dull life and make my anxiety ease n writing flow,I'd hug u tight seriously Second,would u do the ask thing for Max/Anne/Jack in orange verse?How they raised the kid,idk. And damn I love orange verse with all my broken heart
Thank you so much!!!! i’m so glad i ease the anxiety <33333
Let’s see…….. Jack/Anne/Max + Baby Annie:
–They had originally thought about going North but Jack can’t take the col,d so instead they move to French Louisiana, even though Jack’s just like “great a swamp,” but at least here he can feel his balls.
– Max tries to teach them how to speak French and Jack is very proud of how fast he picks it up, but his accent is so terrible most people don’t understand him. Max has to quietly spread the rumor that he suffers from a head injury which is why his speech is so garbled. Anne refuses to learn and so she never speaks in public, not that she’d want to anyway.
– They have a ranch and raise sheep, which Max has able to turn into a profitable wool business. Jack is surprisingly adept at wrangling and herding sheep, because it’s not that much different than serving as Quartermaster for Vane’s crew. Max and Anne think he just likes wielding the big stick.
– Anne insists she will be responsible for Annie’s education, and the other two are slightly wary of that at first, until they see Annie already able to read by three years old, write by four, and is supremely gifted in music, something of which even Jack didn’t know Anne could do. Although Annie seems to prefer painting, and playing with the sheep. She and Anne also go into the woods surrounding their ranch, and Anne teaches her how to hunt and fish (and, secretly, fight. Just in case).
– Max teaches her French. Jack teaches her how to shave a sheep.
– A lot of the people in town don’t really….understand the relationship….at all. Do they own Max? Is she a caretaker for them, a mute and a brain damaged sheepherder? Whose daughter is Annie? But the parish is small, and everyone keeps to themselves, and as long as they keep providing quality wool and don’t cause any trouble, no one looks into it very hard.
– Their sex life is….also complicated, because the ranch is small, and Annie is right there, and sure. One day they’ll have to explain it to her, how exactly they all love each other, but they are the ones raising her, after all. She won’t ever learn that kind of prejudice. Annie will never grow up thinking that it’s wrong to love someone any way they want. She will know that love comes in every and all forms, and she will know that everyone deserves to be free. That women have the right to have a place in this world, that she can achieve anything she wants to, as long as she is smart and strong and loves and is loved.