ok New Jersey is the butt of just about everyone’s jokes, and so it honestly shocks me that no one ever talks about pork roll. Because it is frankly the most hilarious thing about New Jersey.
Pork roll is a pork-based processed meat that’s served as a patty. It’s essentially a hotdog shaped like a hamburger, and it’s exactly as disgusting and horrifying as it sounds.
Except everyone in New Jersey loves pork roll. We fucking love it. Every deli offers it as part of a sandwich, and some people just order it as a side and eat it with a fork and knife. The capital of our state literally has a yearly pork roll festival. Even the McDonald’s in New Jersey will make you a pork roll egg and cheese (called a “Jersey breakfast” around here). We are fucking serious about our pork roll.
I forgot to mention the best part, which is that only half of us call it pork roll. The other half calls it Taylor ham. North Jersey says Taylor ham and south jersey says pork roll, and central jersey is our Switzerland because they say both. Multiple New Jersey newspapers have done studies to try to figure out where the line between the two names is, and they’ve come out with tons of different maps trying to show exactly where the border between Taylor ham and pork roll is.
And this isn’t a friendly debate: people in New Jersey are ready to go to war and die over what the correct name for this lunch meat is. I went to college in central jersey, and I witnessed people get into legit FIGHTS over what it’s called.
The most hilarious part, though, is that a couple years back, state legislators thought it would be fun and easy to make it the official state sandwich. Except then they DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO CALL IT, and the politicians we elected to represent us literally spent our tax dollars debating the name of this lunch meat on the fucking senate floor. And the best part? They never made a decision and dropped the bill altogether. The debate between pork roll and Taylor ham rages on, and probably will forever.
It didn't really hit home until I went to bed that night that they all died in that final battle...
Because, at the end of it all we get to see the sun finally rise after 10 years of night. We see Umbra waking up in front of the Citadel at first light
But we don’t see the remaining Chocobros at all, not even the sound of footsteps from any of them.
I was half expecting Gladio, Ignis, and Prompto at least appear on screen at the end welcoming the sunrise in Insomnia with Umbra. Or at least any of the trio showing up at at all.
So let me explain my thoughts because this is going to be a mess of a ride for me. Plus, I’m writing this for closure, this game left me a sobbing mess
I was so caught up in the moment when Noctis and Ardyn were in the crystal that this moment right here:
Didn’t hit me like it should until later that night.
At first you would think it was all simply symbolism, essentially Noctis projecting all the people that meant the most to him appearing in his final moments. In a way: it is; but not in a way that I thought at first.
But then it hit me, what if Gladio, Ignis, and Prompto are in there not because Noctis is thinking of them in spirit, but they are literally there in spirit?
Oh shit this is the part where I’m going to end up dead inside
Let’s all remember that Noctis, being the King of Kings is the only one allowed within the Crystal, and no one else. So Noctis has to absorb the 13 Kings of Lucis in order to take them with him within the Crystal. Because the Kings can’t go inside the Crystal by themselves, they needed Noctis as a vessel to get in.
And they did that through this soul crushing scene right here
Noct took the Kings with him via the Armiger, hence their presence in the Crystal.
so apparently you’ve been collecting weapons that will ultimately kill you in the end thanks dad
Luna’s presence makes sense too because her Trident is a part of his Armiger after receiving it from Gentiana/Shiva.
But remember: the Thirteen Kings of Lucis and Luna are all dead and that is their souls appearing within the Crystal
So what does that mean for the rest of our quartet?
They died in battle after Noctis ascended the throne, and the reason why the three appeared within the Crystal is because of this scene here
I don’t know about you guys but there was no way I was going to let Noctis leave the mortal plane without something to remind him of the more innocent part of his life so I picked Prompto’s first group pic:
I have a feeling most of us are sentimental fucks and probably picked one with all four of them in it too
So the game relied on its faith in us, the players, to pick a photo with the four of them present to some capacity. So when Ignis, Gladio, and Prompto died in battle, their souls followed Noctis along in the Crystal through his memento.
Long story short:
Gladio, Ignis, and Prompto were with Noctis even in spirit till the very end.
All my boyfriends are dead and so am I
Because this scene right here
Was the battle that ultimately kills the three of them.
"#Are we all thinking the same thing#Cause I'm literally shaking" what are you thinking 👀
THANK GOD YOU ASKED ME I NEED TO GET THIS OUT
Things I’m Sure Of:
One Direction was supposed to attend and they didn’t.
Liam couldn’t have been at the award show longer than 10 minutes. He went for the sole purpose of picking up the award and left immediately after.
Something changed tonight.
Now, we’ve been dragging Jeff non stop for being a bad manager for months, but part of me has always reserved the thought that /maybe/ he was restricted in what he could or couldn’t do. Just go with me. When Harry and the Azoff’s first started being seen together, everyone was all like, “omg 1D is firing shots at their team” but as things progressed, that mentality sort of faded away. I’ve still kept it in the back of my mind, though. Harry is the face of One Direction; I don’t think yachtgate was only for Harry’s career; I think it was for the band’s too. Just.. maybe there was a hold on things – on what Jeff could/couldn’t do – and maybe that hold is just starting to break. I’m not saying it’s happening all at once but… And all the family chiming in at the same time?? That’s not normal. At 8:30 it all just started happening; Harry’s family, Louis, Liam’s sister I think I saw? Plus the people at full stop?? Coincidences don’t exist with that band, it means something.
Simon was not expecting Liam to show up. Straight up. He said “I’m milking this,” with his smug, ugly face because he had every intention of giving a speech talking about how he created them and blahblahblah. Then low and behold, Liam Payne looking like he just came in from off the street, snatched that sucker out of his hand, and peaced out again. Liam doesn’t do that. Literally say what you want but Liam is always the same; diplomatic, the Serious Face of 1D. Not tonight. He came in, he handled it, barely even touched Simon, made it SO clear there was tension between them, and left. Without thanking anyone. The whole thing was stilted and awkward and RIFE with tension; anyone should have seen it.
And then there’s Annas. Annas who handles all of Louis’s public (stunt) outings, tweeting about the Afterparty and for what? Louis is home in Doncaster. And then there’s Louis. Papped in London TODAY and then off to Doncaster? Made SURE to mention he was in Doncaster? Okay.
My boys pulled a fast one and March is going to be insane. I feel it in my gut. Something broke. Or maybe something cracked. Maybe things won’t happen all at once but this was a power play I can feel it.
Alright, so I just recently listened to this and holy shit, I cannot believe that this was not posted anywhere else??? God this is a work of art and here’s why:
“This bitch is askin’ for someone to bring him to task, Somebody gimme some dirt on this asshole so we can at last unmask him” Damn TJeffs!!!! I just love how angry this dude gets!!!!
“He likes taxes so much, can we enact an asshole tax?” Okay, straight up, JMads whole verse is incredible. He starts of talking about how A.Ham and him started off as colleagues and worked together for the same issues, however, after working with him for a while, he realizes that A.Ham is wildly dangerous and seems to get his way most of the time, hence the title of the song. This is why I low-key always thought that JMads hates A.Ham slightly more than TJeffs.
“Let’s lower his stack in the eyes of the nation. With misinformation, first we diminish him, then we finish him!” Honestly, one of the great parts of the song. The rumors they spread! WHAT A DAMN MESS!!!!!
“I HEAR HE’S GEORGE WASHINGTON’S ILLEGITIMATE SON!” My damn senior quote!!!!!!!!! I literally shouted the first time I heard this, OMG!!! HOW WAS THIS NOT PART OF THE PLAY HOLY SHIT
“He wants to abolish slavery.” “That one’s actually true.”“NO”
I especially love how it is mostly a TJeffs and JMads song. Like no one else is it, but our favorite Southern Mother-Fucking Democratic-Republicans! This such a great song and I seriously think this is one of the greatest songs ever produced in the entire musical.
So the party has picked up this weird-ass orb of some kind. It had driven a dragon insane and was giving people in the area weird dreams. At the beginning of this session, we each had a one-on-one with the DM while we had a dream. In my character’s dream, she wakes up in the room where we camped for the night, and sees her girlfriend.
Me: Do I know I’m dreaming? [perception check says yes]
Me: Is this a lucid dream? Can I manipulate it? [no, but my attempts reveal it to be like the dreams the orb has been giving people]
Image of girlfriend: I need you to help me unlock my full potential. Will you help me?
Me, without giving it a single thought: Of course. I love you.
Image: …that was easier than I expected it to be.
Me: [goes on a two-minute emotional rant about bravado and hiding my feelings, in which I acknowledge that this is only an image and not actually my girlfriend]
Image: You’re usually so cunning! I’m glad you agreed to help me, though.
Me, OOC: wait…SHIT!
DM: I HONESTLY THOUGHT THAT OUT OF THE WHOLE PARTY, YOU WERE GOING TO BE THE ONE WHO SAW THROUGH THIS, AND YOU FELL FOR THAT SHIT HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER!
Friends, I hecked up. Lowkey-possessed-by-a-sentient-evil-orb-level hecked up, specifically. (In my defense, my DM really should have known better than to expect me to be resistant to lesbians.) (My favorite part is how I literally had to be called a dumbass in character before I realized what I’d done.)
After watching “A Date with Markiplier” multiple times, and replaying and replaying the parts where Darkiplier is featured; I have created a theory as to why Dark acts the way he does (In these videos, not as whole). Now, let me first start off by saying, this probably, (definitely) is not the BEST Dark theory out there. And there are probably holes are mistakes in this theory, or repeating themes. But nonetheless, it is a theory that I have created that is interesting.. hopefully. Note: This theory comes with spoilers! If you haven’t watched the whole video, or at least the Dark parts, please do. (The video and Darkiplier parts are linked above.) And even if it may not seem like it, I worked really hard and long on this theory. (Literally about 3 days. And typing all of this up took about 2-4 hours.) So please treat it with respect. (But don’t be afraid to add your own theories or thoughts on this! Feedback is always welcome. Positive or negative. Just don’t be a butt about it.) So, without further ado, let us begin! I hope you have the patience to read it all. Enjoy!
This theory is mainly based on the parts where you are confronted by Dark while you are watching “The Dark Mark”. What you are going to read below is me basically showing images of Dark, taking direct quotes he has said in the videos, and explaining why he is saying what he does.
We start off by having Dark glitch and fade into view. He tilts his head to the side, saying he has missed us very much. And that he has been waiting a long time to see us again.
Then he continues on saying: “I’ve been pushed aside… Replaced… Mocked.” Now this caught my attention even from the beginning. How has Dark been pushed aside, replaced, and mocked? Who has done this to him? Why? I tried to reflect more on what that meant, but Dark kept talking, catching my attention even more…
Who is “He”? And why does Dark think this… “He” is going on an adventure with us? Why and how was Dark not invited to it?
Dark mentions “He” again. Saying this person promised he would let him in. Again. Who promised Dark and what promise was made between them?
This is where the theory begins. The main idea of this theory is based on a small post I made a while ago. If you have already read it, then you’ll understand where I’m going with this. If not, I suggest you read it really quick HERE.
And now… we shall truly begin.
Dark begins our one-sided conversation with: “I’ve been pushed aside, replaced, mocked.” But what also connects with this statement is what he says later: “ I’ve been waiting patiently. He promised he would let me in again!” Now, since Dark is basically Mark’s inner demon, I could only assume that the “He” Dark keeps talking about is Mark. But what promise did Mark make with Dark? This is where I start to lean back on my older theory I hope you have read.
I believe that Dark is in love with us. Or… at least has some sort of feelings for us. Or is at least curious about us. So, I think in the past Dark asked Mark permission to take control over Mark’s body so that he could spend time with us. Get to know the person he has unexplainable feelings for. Mark complied. Promising Dark that one day, Dark would have the opportunity to talk to us. But that day never came. And now Dark feels as if he has been Pushed aside. Replaced. And Mocked. These feelings have been repressed, but now since Mark is on this “adventure”, or “date” with us, Dark’s feelings and anger have come out. Dark feels that he has been pushed aside because he literally has been pushed aside. This date was supposed to be the date Dark was finally allowed to spend time with us. But instead… he got pushed. Pushed into the deepest, darkest, places of Mark’s mind. Mark didn’t want Dark to come out on this date. Because he was planning, later down the road, to propose to us. And he didn’t want Dark to ruin it. So Mark took over Dark, replacing him, even though he promised Dark that he would be allowed to take control. And now, Dark feels angry, hurt, and mocked. Mocked because today was supposed to be his day with us. But now he has to watch us through Mark’s eyes. Unable to do anything. Unable to talk to us and ask the questions he’s always wanted to ask. All he can do is stand back and watch the person he has feelings for go on a date with someone who betrayed him.
“And then he had the gall not to invite me to his little adventure with you.” This connects to what I said above. Mark has pushed Dark aside and didn’t allow him to take over on the date. Quite literally, he wasn’t invited on the date. He was casted away and replaced. But the one word Dark said that caught my attention was: “Adventure”. Why did Dark call it an adventure when he knew it was a date. A proposal, even? I believe the reason to be simple. Dark is angry and jealous right now. He doesn’t even want to call the event we are going on with Mark as a “date”. So, instead, he calls it an adventure. Making it easier on him and his heart. Also hoping in that calling it an adventure, he’ll make Mark look silly and foolish. As if he doesn’t know what a real “date” is.
This part was very interesting. After saying all he said, spewing out his anger and frustration, Dark fixes his tie and suit, straightening up and saying: “ I’m tired of giving people a choice.” From what we have learned earlier, this sentence can only mean that he is tired of giving Mark the choice on controlling when and where he can allow him to take control.
But then, Dark sighs, saying: “But I suppose I could give you one last option.” Hearing Dark say this was extremely odd to me. Didn’t he just say that he was tired of giving people (Mark) a choice? But yet right after, he turns around to give us options and the ability to choose? I think he does this because no matter how closed off or frustrated he may get, he still wants to give the us the ability to choose. Since he has some sort of feelings for us, he doesn’t want to force us into something we don’t want to do.
He continues: “Take your pick. Anything of four different choices, more than he could’ve ever given you.” Why did Dark give us so many options. Why did he bitterly say “more than he could have ever given you.”? And why did all options but one actually lead to a place that continues the story?
I think the bitter remark and the option of more choices go back to Dark’s “adventure” statement. He wants to make Mark look foolish. Make Mark look like he can’t provide for us as much as he can. Even if it’s something simple as being able to go more places. But why, in giving us all these options, did only one actually go somewhere? It’s because, even though Dark does have feelings for us, he still is “dark”. He is still evil, demonic, etc. He purposefully made only one option that actually goes somewhere. He makes us go on a “date” with him (later on) the only way he knows how. Manipulation and Illusion. He gives us the illusion of choice, when really he manipulated it so there is only one right way. And that is to go on a date and spend time with him.
This makes him sound pretty evil doesn’t it? That he just manipulates and cheats his way through until he gets what he wants. And that may be true, but.. At the same time, it’s actually pretty sad. That is all he knows. To cheat, to steal, and manipulate… Dark was toyed with and replaced. Promised he would be allowed to be with us. But that didn’t happen. And now Dark is forced to make his own path. Struggle to take control over Mark, and find a way to where we will spend time with him. Not Mark.
“So take your pick. Show me what you’ve got. And maybe… We’ll have a good date after all.” Wait what?! Did Dark look down shyly at the ground… Smile… And say “Date”?! This really blew my mind after I watched it a couple times.
After taunting us on by saying: “Show me what you’ve got.” Dark pauses, his face suddenly seems to soften. “And maybe…” He cracks what looks to be a smile and briefly looks down at the ground, “ We’ll have a good date after all.” He looks back up, but his face and body immediately harden and become cold and static once more. What just happened?! Mark randomly says “Maybe we’ll have a good date after all.” And he shows emotion and smiles? Why does he do this? I think I know why.
Obviously, Dark has been waiting to spend time with us. And now that he has Mark under control and is alone with us, he finally realizes that his dream of being with us is soon to become reality. He smiles and quickly looks down to hide his emotion that he is excited for this long awaited day. And, instead of calling it an “adventure” like he did when he vaguely defined our outing with Mark, he says “date”. Making it official and saying it more for himself than us. But then, after he realizes he slipped: showing emotion and calling our alone time a “date”, his face hardens and he composes himself back into the stone cold Darkiplier once more. But in trying so hard to compose himself, he lets a small, angry frown dance dance across his face before straightening. Showing that he is angry with himself for showing so much ambition.
(Note: Phew! This is a lot of writing! I hope you guys are doing ok and you like this! Stay in your seat, there’s a lot more to yet come!)
*We choose “Freedom”*
“If dinner is what you want then I can provide…” We are now officially on what Dark described as a date. He glitches and we are suddenly sitting at a table with what looks to be a cup and a bottle of wine to the side. As I watched and rewatched this, I found it interesting that Dark chose to place us in a dinner date situation. The same setting we were at when we were with Mark. And say things like: “I can provide…” Why did he place us in a dinner date setting? Why did he say if we wanted dinner, then he could provide it? The answer is interesting.
Remember, the whole date you were having with Mark, Dark was also seeing and experiencing. So that means, Dark was there even for when Mark misplaced his wallet, making you have to pay for the meal. This obviously annoyed Dark. Enough to the point where he had to physically point out and show us that if we wanted dinner, he could pay. He could provide us with a meal. This is basically a big slap in the face to Mark. Once again, Dark is trying to make Mark look idiotic and that the outing/ date we were on with Mark, wasn’t a date after all. And that he can do a better job on planning a date and providing.
The date carries on. “And I can take you wherever you’d like to go…” I found this odd when Dark said this. It’s kind of a random thing to say on a date isn’t it? But it all makes more sense when you look at it this way:
Near the beginning and basically throughout our whole date with Mark, he keeps saying that he has our whole day planned out. And that he can’t wait to take us to certain places. I think Dark said this as yet another jab towards Mark. Mark had our whole day planned, swiftly leading us from one location to another. But Dark said: “ I can take you wherever you’d like to go..” almost as a counteroffer to what Mark was doing for us. There is a sense of freedom when Dark says he can take us wherever we would like to go. A sense of freedom and choice. Dark seems to be using this statement to try and make him look more appealing to us than Mark. Possibly even more fun or risky than Mark.
After Dark states he can take us anywhere, he then dumps this heavy and scary: “I can especially take you to where you don’t want to go..” on us.
Honestly, I was a little confused on why he would say this. Is it because he’s “dark” and evil and he would actually enjoy to take us places we would hate? Or is he using some weird, vague form of reverse phycology? Is he saying that “the places where we don’t want to go…” is back to Mark? It would kind of make sense. After saying and telling us of all the things he can do for us and provide for us, the last thing he would want is for us to still choose and go back to Mark. But he says that he can take us to where we don’t want to go, meaning that he would take us back to Mark if we chose that.
Dark continues to talk, but then he begins to glitch and shake. He is then suddenly screaming: “I can give you anything!” And then as fast as it came, it goes, and he continues talk to us normally saying: “I’ve been waiting a long time. To get some personal time between us…” Ok… What just happened here? He was screaming one minute and then normal again the next?
I think Dark glitches and screams “I can give you anything!”, because he momentarily looses his composure. He’s been spending a good portion of this date trying to show us that he can provide for us and comparing himself to Mark. I think he starts to become frustrated in himself and how we aren’t reacting the way he would have hoped. Thus, his inner voice comes out, screaming, frustrated and angry that we can’t understand that he can give and provide everything we want and need.
After his short episode, he continues talking. Saying he’s been waiting a long time to “get some personal time between us…” I think he’s saying this because the only time he has ever been with us, or has “spent time with us”, is when he is being pushed to the back of Mark’s mind and has to watch from the sidelines and listen and hear Mark’s words and thoughts. But now that he has finally taken over Mark, he can truly get the personal alone time he’s always lusted over.
The date continues, and Dark has one more episode. But what happens next is interesting. Dark says: “So.. Now that we are here together… We should really get to know each other…” And then suddenly, it looks like Dark is split in two. One part of him thrashing around and screaming. Why? Because it’s Mark… Trying to escape Dark’s possession of his body.
Remember, this whole time we have been with Dark, Mark has been there, watching and listening to what Dark is saying. (Which also explains why at times, Dark twitches his head. Its because Mark is there in the back of his mind try to take control once again.) So Mark has been fighting Dark this whole time, and it seems Dark is slowly running out of time and loosing control, hence the episodes he keeps having. But notice where Mark made a big push to take control when he did. He did it right after Dark said we should “get to know each other…” It seems as if Mark didn’t like the idea of Dark getting to know us, and vise versa. Probably thinking Dark is going to take advantage of us at some point on the date. So, he tries and puts all his strength in trying to take back control before Dark can do anything to us. But once again, as quickly as it starts, Dark glitches and the image of Mark is gone, and Dark is back to normal.
“You just need to let me in… It’s as simple as that…”
When I first heard this, I thought that Dark meant that we should allow him into our mind or soul. But as I began to create this theory, I began to think… What if Dark didn’t mean our soul or mind… But our heart? I mean, during this whole date he has been trying and trying to show us how much better he is than Mark, and how he can do all these things for us. Basically saying, how he can care and love us, just in a very “Darkiplier” way. What if he just wants to be loved by us. Accepted by us? And the only way he knows how to say that is something off putting like: “You just need to let me in..” Maybe all he wants is just a chance with us. A chance to show how much he cares and ask us why he is feeling the way he does about us?
After asking us to place him in our heart, and give him a chance, Dark then takes us outside. Believing that he has taken full control over Mark and boasting about it by saying: “You’re never, EVER, going to escape me…Not now-” He is confronted by Mark, in physical form. (Now this part can basically just completely eradicate my theory that Dark has taken over Mark, and not that they are two different people with their own bodies. Now that theory, COULD technically work here, but I decided I like the “Mark and Dark are two in one” theory better. Since Dark IS essentially Mark’s inner-demon. So I’m going to say that this part is actually where Mark gains some power within his mind, and now Dark and Mark are fighting for dominance.)
After they fight for a while, a gun is dropped and you now have to decide to choose whether to shoot the left or right Mark. Later on, we find out the the Right is Dark, and Left is Mark. And this is where I was confused with what they are saying until I put up the captions. And what each of them were saying was interesting.
Left Mark (the real Mark) starts off by saying: “You don’t have much time he’s going to kill everybody.”
While Right Mark (Dark) says: “Shoot him. He needs to die.”
The thing I found interesting was what they both first said to defend themselves. Left Mark (Mark), immediately starts off by saying that: There isn’t much time, and that Right Mark is going to kill everyone. Mark is trying to warn us. While Right Mark (Dark), just simply says off instinct: “Shoot him. He needs to die.”… Now that’s harsh. Mark just wants to warn us that if we don’t shoot Dark, we will all die. So he’s trying to save both us and himself. But Dark just spurts out that Mark NEEDS to die. No note of concern, or worry. No thought of what might happen afterwards. They keep talking, still trying to convince us:
Mark says: “He’s got weird eyes. Don’t trust him at all.”
While Dark says: “He does bad things to good people.”
Now, the thing I found extremely interesting was this part right here. Mark says that Dark has weird eyes, which is true. He is known for having completely Dark eyes. But how he said the next part is what caught my attention. Mark said: “DON’T trust him at all.”. He didn’t say “I don’t trust him at all.” But simply, “Don’t trust him…” Therefore, Mark was telling US not to trust Dark. It was a command. Because he knows what Dark is able to do.
What Dark says also caught my attention. Why would Dark say: “He does bad things to good people.”? Isn’t Dark supposed to be the “bad guy” here? Manipulating and weaving around things to get to what he wants? True, that is what he did to get us to date him. But just because he did those things, do you think he even wanted to? We have already proven that in the past, Dark asked for permission to spend time with us. But since that didn’t happen, Dark had to take control. All because Mark betrayed his promise to Dark. So maybe, Dark is saying “He does bad things to good people.” Because he’s hurt and angry that Mark didn’t fill out his promise. That Mark led him on only to be trapped in the back of his mind again, while he got ready to propose to the person Dark had feelings for without even been given a chance.
After we shoot Left Mark, Right Mark comes over saying: “You made the right call. Come here, it’s okay, it’s okay.” Assuring us and embracing us. We then continue the date by getting ice cream. We sit down while Right Mark continues to talk, saying: “We’ll enjoy some nice, dairy-based treats. And erm, get to know other. Really, personally…” We then begin to eat our ice cream when the screen flickers and glitches. We look back up and are greeted to see Dark sitting across form us. Dark then says: “Oops. Looks like you’ve made the wrong choice. But now we’re going to be together… forever.”
When I first watched this side of the date, I paid no regard to what Right Mark said. But after rewatching the mini date we had with Dark, and going back to this, I noticed something. Dark always seems to talk about getting to know us, or getting close to us. Spending personal time with with. Before, during our private date with Dark, he said: “I’ve been waiting a long time. To get some personal time between us…” So when right Mark said: “Really, personally…” It became obvious that it was Dark sitting in front of us. After Dark transforms into his true self, he then says: “Oops. Looks like you’ve made the wrong choice.” I believe Dark said this because he knew, that if we knew who the real Mark was back when we had to decide who to shoot, we would have chosen the real Mark hands down. So he kept quiet. Hoping that with luck, he could say the right words and look innocent enough and emulate Mark, that we would shoot the wrong man. Before we are met with “Try Again?”, Dark continues, “But now we’re going to be together..forever.” and smiles. The first time I heard this, it sounded creepy, and some of you might think so as well. But I think Dark said this because he was finally free. Free of Mark’s hold on him. And free to be with the person he is curious about and has unexplained feelings for. He’s finally free to provide and care for us, without Mark battling for control in the back of his mind. Because that part of him is now dead. He can finally get to know us. Get that personal, intimate time he has always yearned for. He’s finally found freedom from being pushed aside. Being replaced and being mocked. He can finally have a true chance with us. A chance… for us to let him into our heart. Because we’ve always been in his.
♡ Summary: It has been nearly a year since you started writing anonymous letters to Jungkook, giving him words of encouragement behind the thin mask of a paper. He never considered you as a possible suspect behind these letters, because you were nothing more than a best friend. And you couldn’t put all the blame on him either, after all, you were too afraid to confess in fear of tarnishing your precious friendship.
i just got back from seeing the brazilian production of les mis and here are some of my thoughts on the brazilian enjoltaire:
- grantaire is really sad??? maybe the saddest grantaire i’ve seen?? i don’t really know how to explain it but even in his line in red & black he was more like a sad drunk than a playful drunk.. i thought that was a really interesting portrayal of R
- instead of teasing enj, grantaire was kind of abrupt to him for most of the show and it almost felt like R didn’t trust himself around enjolras
- R quietly nodded along enj’s words quite a few times
- enjolras doesn’t really acknowledge grantaire till the barricade when he hands R the gun
- after eponine’s death, grantaire literally doesn’t take his eyes off enjolras
- in drink with me, when grantaire starts singing his part, enjolras breaks into the most beautiful shiny grin????
- but as soon as enj realizes what grantaire is singing/talking about, his smile disappears
- also during his lines in drink with me, R is throwing stuff around angrily and no one is really being able to stop him
- enj runs up to grantaire and everyone backs off
- grantaire stops and, for the first time during the show, allows himself to get really near enjolras and they hold the most intense and longest eye contact???/)/
- my favorite part about this was that you could really see how much enj cares about grantaire
ok so this is what i gathered from watching les mis brasil tonight. can’t really confirm if this was what the actors were going for… im so far up enjoltaire’s ass i may have read way too much into their actions. buT ANYWAY both the actors who played enjolras and grantaire were AMAZING and they deserve all the love!!!
i don’t think the fact victor had his own costumes sent to japan for the onsen on ice event is appreciated enough. like most often i see this going around as a gag and excuse to call him “extra” and i’m like?
not only did victor think ahead of the very two people who were going to compete that day (and therefore should be the ones worrying about costumes, given it’s a very important part of presentation), but he paid for the shipping of not one or two, but every single costume he ever wore in competition so yuri and yurio had what to choose from. that also means he was willing to allow them to make sizing adjustments in case they picked something from more recent competitions. then he let yurio keep the agapé costume, something i’m pretty sure he didn’t even have to ask for.
like? guys? this isn’t victor being extra? it’s him being literally the most thoughtful angel on this planet? please appreciate him?
Man, I think part of the reason it took me so long to realize I’m a
lesbian is because romance stories SO OFTEN look EXACTLY like my
past relationships with men. Like, literally indistinguishable, to the point
where I can watch those straight romcoms now and very easily interpret
the main characters as lesbians dealing with the overwhelming pressures of compulsory heterosexuality.
Like, first she is
annoyed by the guy, okay? She has zero interest, she finds him tedious
and sees no reason she should be interested in him, or she sees him
purely as a friend and does not expect any kind of romance. Holy hell could I relate to that!
then they’re forced together by some circumstance – his persistent interest or
their jobs or being literally stranded or whatever – and it’s
incredibly awkward but they eventually find a way to coexist together
and she even discovers positive aspects of his personality. He’s not
such a bad guy, he’s alright. And that happened in a lot of my relationships with men, too. I learnt to tolerate them and even appreciate their good qualities.
And then often without any kind of active choice on her part suddenly they’re in a context where he wants more
And here’s where my interpretations of those scenes differed
from what the writers intend. See, I thought the hesitations of those
in-love heterosexual women were the same as my own total lack of interest and how I had to work myself up to perform romantic love – or sexual interest – for someone I wasn’t actually, it turns out, attracted to.
it looks, from the outside, exactly like the chain of events in my own relationships with men. When it seemed like I’d
gone too far to gracefully extricate myself the right thing was to just… try my very hardest to be in love,
to try to love the guy as wholeheartedly as all people need to be loved, or do my best to at least play the part.
thought that was what real romance was, I thought those were the usual internal
workings of a woman deeply in love, to decide to try to love someone purely
because she’d reached a point where he wanted more and she’d gone this
far and how could she not? Especially if he’d made some big romantic gesture, or needed saving, or was less annoying than initially presumed.
“Love as a choice” made sense to me then in a way it was never intended to mean. I thought I was choosing to be in love with these guys. When straight women chose to stay, I saw them choosing to be in love. In the back of my mind I always knew I could flip my “feelings” off like a switch, but I chose to stay and perform love, and really I think I thought that was normal.
It looks so similar from the outside.
It took falling in love with women and realizing how different my feelings are for women to notice that, wait a second, was that love? Or did I just feel like I’d reached some kind of point of no return and had to see the relationship through because that’s what you’re supposed to do?
idk if you have ever watched avatar the last airbender but if you have, what type of bender would each of the b99 squad be in your opinion? :o
OMG I LOVE AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER AND LEGEND OF KORRA & I LOVE THIS ASK !! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PS: Sorry this reply took so long. I’m evidently a Mess.)
Before anything tho, I’d like to say that these are *my* headcanons, and I totally get that other people might have different thoughts about what element each character bends! Let’s all respect each other’s opinions and just agree that CHEDDAR IS THE AVATAR. (Okay, maybe not. But let’s still keep the angry arguments to a minimum, yeah??)
Terry is an earthbender. He’s brute strength and all muscle. While he’s never managed to metalbend, he’s known for literally moving mountains.
He once participated in the Earth Rumble competition as part of an undercover op and ended up winning the title of Earthbending Champion. His prize belt had to be submitted as evidence because it was rumored to be made of solid cocaine, and Jake has definitely tried to dig it up out of the locker to pose with. (”Peralta! No tampering with past evidence!” “I’m wearing gloves, Sarge! And the belt’s in a baggy! It’s fine! Just let me be Champion for once!!!” “You don’t even earthbend!”)
Holt is a firebender. He had the brash recklessness of a firebender in his youth, but time and experience have given him the wisdom and clarity of mind to master lightningbending. When he isn’t busy running the Nine-Nine, he enjoys honing his sword fighting skills and playing Pai Sho.
Rosa is an earthbender. In her days as a ballerina, her seismic sense had come in handy when she had to keep track of the precise positions of her fellow dancers. Now, her seismic sense allows her to pinpoint criminals in hiding and is especially useful before/during raids. Metalbending had come naturally to her, and she likes using the skill in crafting everything from jewelry to swords.
Jake is a firebender. He’s all attack and impulse and “eyes closed, head first, can’t lose.”
He had actually gotten firebending from his dad; Nana and his mom were both airbenders. Roger had stuck around long enough to teach him the basics (i.e. how not to burn the house down), but he walked out before Jake could learn the more advanced techniques. Jake had grown up pretty much wishing he was an airbender, like the strong women he knew and loved.
When Jake figured out at age 9 that he could lightningbend, he was so excited about it – except he accidentally hurt Gina while trying to show off his new skill, and he vowed never to attempt lightningbending after. It’s Holt who eventually teaches him how to master, not fear his power.
Charles is an earthbender. The Boyles had always been burrowers, and Charles swears Great Nana Boyle learned how to earthbound from the badger moles themselves. Charles was a beast of a pro-bender in his college days but gave up the sport because it brought out his competitive side (and also because he ate half a rock disk and was strongly advised by his doctor to take a break for an indefinite amount of time).
Gina is an airbender. She’s not one for training or practicing forms, but she does enjoy meditating and visiting the spirit world every now and then. When she and Jake were younger, she tried to “firebend” with him using a lighter and a can of hairspray. He also once tried to “airbend” with her when she was learning how to fly. (Needless to say, Nana was not happy either of those times.)
Amy is a waterbender. She comes from a long line of waterbenders and learned how to heal from her abuela. (None of her brothers can do it, so she’s very proud of herself.)
As a child, she heard about bloodbending in myths. As a cop, she reads about it in case files that make her stomach churn. She could never even imagine using her bending to directly manipulate another person. That is, until an escaped convict is 2 seconds away from slashing Jake’s throat, and she finds herself acting on autopilot to save the love of her life.
Summary: A romantic comedy about what happens when love literally falls through your window.
Characters: Bucky Barnes x Reader, Ash (aka me), Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, Tony Stark
Warnings: Language, general gross cuteness, some angst, bad writing, bad storylines, possible cheating, but mostly major fluff and feels
Word Count: 1.6K
A/N: I’m finally wrapping up this series. It didn’t quite go the way I had anticipated but I enjoyed it. Thank you to all of you extremely patient people who followed along with me. I’d love to hear what you thought of the series as a whole and what I should/shouldn’t do in future series. I love you all. Special thanks to my babe, @sebbytrash, for reading through this for me. I love you.
Catch up here! **My Masterlist ** Inspiration Fund
When you awoke that Saturday afternoon, a mere three weeks since you met the life ruiner, Bucky Barnes, your heart literally hurt. Who were you to stop a wedding? You barely knew this guy. There was nothing you could do.
Pretty Little Liars 7x20 Til Death Do Us Part - Thoughts
I literally just finished watching the finale and A-List Wrap party right now. I have not seen a single comment about the finale, I don’t know how it was received, at all. Sorry if these comments are just reinforcing what everyone else has been talking about for the past several hours, because again, I have no idea what everyone is saying. Here are my thoughts!
- It did not feel like a series finale to me and I cannot pinpoint why. I felt the goodbye scene at the end was not strong enough. Sasha said that they had to keep re-filming that scene because she was crying too much when she said “this feels like the end of something” - well, I think they went with the take that had not enough emotion, to the point it felt like a regular line and it lost its power. Not just this line, but in general, I never got a sense of “farewell PLL” from this episode, unfortunately. Not saying it’s a bad episode, but, I didn’t get that sense of “thank you and goodbye Spencer, Hanna, Aria, Emily, Alison and Rosewood”.
- Marlene said that there is one question she cannot wait for fans to find out, but she can’t tell us what this question is without telling us who AD is. What the hell could be this question?
- THEY ALL DID THE SHHHHH TOGETHER, I LOVED THAT
- DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE DURING THE INTRO THAT THE CASKET OPENED, RATHER THAN CLOSE???
- I’ve always said Pretty Little Liars is a two-part show: half a romance show, other half a mystery show. They really demonstrated that tonight, by having almost a very equal divide between the romance and mystery. The entire first hour was romance, and the entire second hour was mystery (plus farewells). The first hour, I was shaking my head. “This is not good. Not good at all.” Sure, there were some cute scenes, like Emison’s proposal, but there was too much fluff in the first half. The second half, it really kicked off.
- So, my theory ended up being so damn accurate, what the hell! I can’t believe it! Even though Spencer’s twin was my foremost suspect going into the finale, I still ended up being shocked, because of the simple fact that they went with it almost exactly exactly exactly how I said! Not just the who, but also the why! I even got the name Alex Drake!
- Okay, so I got the part wrong about the twin having helped Charlotte play the game from season 3 onwards. And honestly, that is my biggest complaint about the finale: AD started playing the game after Charlotte died, period. Again this is my biggest complaint and this is where the finale fell flat for me. Technically, PLL could have ended with Charlotte’s reveal in 610. Everything we got with Alex Drake’s story, was purely an extension because we got renewed for more seasons. I just know there will be people saying “ugh I’m so mad that AD has no connection to pre-time jump” and yes I fully agree, and that’s my biggest complaint too… but my response is: weren't the extra 2 years nice? Sure AD is irrelevant to seasons 1-6A, sure that is incredibly underwhelming and no where near as good as the fan theories… but we got an extra 2 years of PLL in our lives because of this extra, final A story? I’m grateful? #alwayslookingforthepositiveside
- I do not understand Ashley’s comment. Quote “you finally get to find out who A is, who’s been torturing us for the last 7 years”. Girl… it was just a month or two, in Rosewood time.
- Am I the only one who never really felt a sense of danger, or intensity? Weird, since it’s the series finale, and literally anyone could’ve died. It’s not like we had another season, and I knew Spencer was safe from dying. Yet, I never truly did feel like Alex would win the fight. I can’t take PLL villains seriously for some unexplainable reason.
- I really liked the flashbacks that explicitly showed us the scenes where “Spencer” was actually Alex. That was great. I wanted more flashbacks to earlier seasons, however. (I did appreciate that they played some music from the pilot, though!)
- THANK YOU MARLENE for not doing another Charlotte reveal where A sits around crying all episode, trying to make us feel sorry for them. Sure, Alex (nearly said Twincer!) had a sad story, but she embraced her sadness, and it fuelled her anger to take over Spencer’s life. That was really good. I loved seeing Troian walk around with an axe. Bless.
- I was surprised we didn’t hear of Radley (as a sanitarium). Honestly, thank god.
- I think the motive is the strongest we’ve ever had, of all the A’s so far: Alex was so jealous of Spencer so she wanted to break up the girls, yet her threats only made them closer. Therefore, she decided, “why break them up, if I can just become Spencer?” That is so evil and I love it.
- I EVEN CALLED IT that there will be a scene where someone holds a gun to Spencer and Twincer, and they have to prove who the real Spencer is. I LOVED that!
- I have a feeling that once I finish typing this, the first word I’ll be seeing people use to describe the motive is cliche. Especially the above mentioned scene about not knowing which Spencer to shoot. It is a bit cliche. (”I’m Buzz Lightyear!” … “no, I’m Buzz Lightyear!” Toy Story 2.. anyone? That’s where my mind went, lol) An evil, jealous twin is a tad cliche. I can’t defend that. But within this world of PLL, it worked well I guess.
- Sorry Troian, I wasn’t too convinced by the British accent unfortunately. But my gosh you slayed the rest. WHY COULDN’T WE GET AT LEAST ONE SCENE WITH TROIAN IN THE HOODIE!? That was a real shame. I get that it was set one year later, but… still, Alex should’ve wore the hoodie for a scene or two. For satisfaction’s sake, and it’s also just iconic for PLL.
- SHOUTOUT TO A FOLLOWER OF MINE WHO MESSAGED ME AFTER THE AIRPORT SCENE IN 715 SAYING THAT TWINCER SOUNDED BRITISH. HOW DID YOU GET THAT PART TOO!? “Are you going someplace?” sounded very British, I agree, but I never picked it until I was told to listen for it. Genius.
- We even got it right as to who Wren was shooting: Twincer, so that she can look like Spencer. Gosh, is there anything we didn’t predict?
- Bethany who? Eddie who? Seriously though, I’m going to spend hours editing my unanswered questions list. We got a lot. You can say whatever you want about the finale, but you can’t say we didn’t get answers. Like, c’mon. If you’re saying we didn’t get answers, you’re the type of person who complains over nothing and is just impossible to please. Every word that came out of Alex’s mouth was golden. We had rapid fire Q&A with Alex and Spencer. I’m not saying this finale answered 7 years worth of questions; I’ll probably find some unanswered things once I start going through my list. But… You. Can. Not. Say. We. Got. Zero. Answers. I hope that when I finish this post, I don’t see people spreading such stupid negativity.
- Wren died? How? Why? That was unnecessary. This finale really lacked a major death. I wanted to say OMG to at least ONE thing, and unfortunately, I couldn’t. Not one thing shocked me.
- Am I the only one who thought Wren’s involvement seemed a bit forced?? What are the actual odds of Wren running into Alex at a bar in London? Seriously? But whatever. I’m so glad he played a role in this, and a damn big one too.
- So ALEX was the British person Mary was talking to on the phone in 701!!!
- I loved the scene between Alex and Charlotte!!
- I found it really really random that Alex started messaging Mona 1 year later. They had just moved on and all of a sudden Alex is back to start to reveal herself. Maybe I’m forgetting something because that was just weird.
- I was disappointed that there wasn’t a major reason Alex took Ezra. I was waiting for them to reveal a mind blowing alliance between the two but then it slowly became obvious that he had just been kidnapped and wasn’t on the friendly side with Alex.
- Melissa’s mask was just pointless. That was pure fan service to MelissA theorists. (And also to throw us off for a bit.) And I knew Melissa wasn’t AD since there’s no way they’d reveal Uber A so randomly at a picnic like that. I knew it was a mask.
- I got dollhouse vibes when Spencer (or Ezra?) said “we’re still underground”. I thought that was creepy!
- Seriously… they make reference to the mums getting out of the basement, without actually giving us an answer??? “Do you remember how we even got out of there?” said Veronica. It would’ve been better to leave that dialogue out completely. Teasing fans over something they’ll never get, is far worse than acting like it was just forgotten.
- Did Veronica know that Spencer has a twin, since she made a comment in 4B about not knowing who is coming down for breakfast; Spencer or her evil twin? They really made it out as if no one knew about Alex.
- Wren is the father of Emison’s baby!? That was so subtle, the way Alex said it. WHY!? That makes no sense. I’ve noticed that this show is really big on “who” but not so big on the “why”. I’m just going to assume that Wren was the only male she had “access” to, to pull off the stunt, so she used Wren simply out of convenience. That’s all I can think of.
- So Ezria got married, Haleb is having a baby, Emison is engaged with twins, and Spoby is??? I was really really shocked actually that one ship is still left up in the air. It’s not a sad ending, but it’s not happy either. Maybe that’s the one thing that doesn’t get answered that Marlene was talking about.
- That last scene with the recreation of ‘that night’ should NOT have been the last scene of the entire show. If Freeform wants to launch a spinoff, fine, go ahead, but how dare you cut to the end credits after that scene. Call me fussy, but I call it passion. The final scene of the show should have been Mary and Alex stuck in Mona’s dollhouse. Cut to the credits after that closeup on Alex (Which, was brilliant by the way, and aligns with Janel’s comment of Mona having her own unique happy ending.)
- The wrap party was boring. Just saying. It should’ve been the 6 liars (yes Mona too) with Marlene, sitting in Spencer’s barn, talking about the making of the finale, any questions that couldn’t get wrapped up, favourite episodes, etc. I finished the finale and thought “it’s okay, I still have one more chance to farewell the show since the last scene didn’t do it for me!” and nope, this third hour was no better.
- FULL CIRCLE HOW??? Can someone name one thing that happened, that can be classified as “full circle”??? In my mind, full circle means Alison dying and the girls having a sleepover in the barn!?
- Overall, this is how I summarise the finale:
It did not feel like a finale. The first half was boring, even for a series finale. The goodbyes were not strong enough, and I did not feel like I properly said “thank you” and “farewell” to my favourite fictional characters ever. The scene with the girls at the end was far too short. The AD reveal was very predictable for me and other dedicated detectives, but I think other fans across the world will be pleased since it wasn’t actually that obvious. The motive was great. Troian slayed. But, coming from a person who also has a non-rhotic accent (Australian), I felt put off by Alex’s accent. The final scene was just stupid, I’m not watching a spinoff - the final scene should’ve been Mary and Alex. We got a shit ton of answers, but, as I’ll soon see when I go to my list, I don’t feel like it was everything. But absolutely, most things, yes.
I didn’t plan to tangle myself into this mess but things are getting really ugly and ridiculous, so I decided against it. Hence this post.
I’m making this post just to keep your facts straight. Not to convince you not to hate on Henry. It’s up to you. But at least, cross-check to see if what you ‘heard’ is actually the fact.
First I would like to quote Henry’s on his recent interview:
“At a show, they edit 40 minutes for 1 hour of filming… They only keep the maniac part.” “I do as who I am. It depends on how the producers edit. I neither act nor pretend.”
1. “He’s homophobic and transphobic. He once said that when he first came to Korea, he thought Suju members were all gays and Heechul was a trans. That worried him”
This was literally Henry’s reaction toward the whole story he shared:
Amazed or Worried?
Little fact: he’s been good friends with Hong Seok Cheon
2. “Henry went through Nana’s panties and even sniffed it.”
(eww this is so gross how would anyone believe it’s broadcasted on national TV channel???)
He did go check the girls’ room. It’s a cheap script for cheap laughter I agree. And he crossed the line here I also agree.
Let’s be honest, the casts didn’t actually live there and alll the closets were empty. Only some pieces of clothes hung outside. He was still NOT allowed to touch them nevertheless, but facts are no panties were found, let alone sniffed. (Even with script national tv wouldn’t let it happen either way)
He picked up the leggings, showed Jackson and got caught by Nana.
3. “Henry abused Mark to clean his house and put a camera in the restroom to prank on him but luckily Mark realised it soon.”
It’s a SHOW. Have you been new to Korean variety shows? Do you really believe that someone would put cameras all over his place to film his own daily life? To have all the perfect angles just in case it’s gonna be broadcasted? Do you really think that Henry had no idea Mark would come for help or Mark didn’t know if Henry would accept his offer when the production team had come over and set up everything in advance? Variety is meant for entertainment. Henry and Mark did everything to make the show more entertaining.
Henry wanted to brag about his automatic toilet and that was exactly what amazed Mark, who was also totally aware of the camera. Henry: “I told you so.”
Then he closed the door. And next scene. End of the whole bathroom thing.
Even if you still think it’s not right, it’s also not fair to put all the hate and responsibility on Henry who didn’t even do it.
Other fact: Henry’s been caring for Mark since SM The Rookies
4. “He pressured himself on all the girls”
Henry’s concept on shows is a player. Whatever he does to the girls will be reacted in the same way by other casts. And it only took a few “heart” edits or some background music, despite his ‘neutral’ expression or denial.
Even when he actually was only making a conversation, for example:
With the girls on Happy Together,
offering them to join the other foreigners in case they feel lonely (01:09:20 - 1:10:41):
5. “Henry is racist”
He’s ignorant regarding the black face issue and he definitely needs to be educated more on the issue.
But Ignorant is not Racist, check out how he treated the black guy he met on Hello Couselor years ago (43:29 - 43:43). He called the guy cool and even suggested that the guy could be a superstar in Korea one day.
UPDATE: Henry apologized for the whole blackface issue and MV styling (p1)(p2)
6. “Amber has always warned us that he’s a trash!”
It’s what best friends do. Everyone knows that.
But people just want to be selective in interpreting things. While we are at it, also don’t forget:
and “Don’t take this the wrong way. Henry is really nice.”(Shimsimtapa 2017.03.08)
a non-exhaustive list of things that destroyed me in The Summer Palace (SPOILERS!!):
- Damen taking a moment just to look at Laurent before Laurent knows he’s there and feeling silly-nervous about seeing him again UGH
- the revelation that Damen’s ‘IT’S JUST A FLESH WOUND’ bullshit really was just bullshit and that stab wound kind of nearly killed him, like goddamnit Damen you are the worst narrator ever, I stopped worrying about the stab wound because you were just like ‘teehee, Laurent will HAVE to be nice to me while I’m recovering from being Mildly Stabbed :D’
- HOLDING HANDS THEY WERE WALKING AROUND HOLDING HANDS LITERALLY JUST PUNCH ME IN THE FACE
- AND THEY PUT FLOWERS IN EACH OTHER’S HAIR, NOT EVEN IN MY WILDEST DAYDREAMS HAVE I ALLOWED MYSELF TO IMAGINE SO SCHMOOPY A COURTSHIP, THESE TWO ARE THE ACTUAL WORST
- ‘there was delight in seeing Laurent explore himself, a young man who was sweet, teasing, at times unexpectedly earnest. Having made the decision to let Damen in, Laurent had not gone back on it. When the walls went up, it was with Damen inside them.’ can I gift CS Pacat a bouquet of roses/my undying gratitude/the deeds to my house/my firstborn/etc just for this line ALONE, I could actually cry
- Laurent pledging his love and loyalty for Damen to the statue of Damen’s mother, like how fucking Pure and Beautiful is that, and THEN saying they should visit Auguste’s statue/grave at Arles UUGGHHHHHHHHHH
- LAURENT USED TO TALK TO AUGUSTE’S GRAVE AND TELL HIM THINGS OH MY GOD MY POOR BABY COME TO MY ARMS IMMEDIATELY
- was there literally any part of the bath scene that didn’t kill me
- such a complete and utter reversal of the original bath scene in book 1
- Laurent attending Damen, doing everything he’s told, being more gentle than Damen ever thought he could be, tenderly washing the scars on Damen’s back, ‘healing something he hadn’t known needed to be healed’ HONESTLY JUST FUCK ME UP
- ‘You didn’t know how afraid I was of you?’
‘Of me? Or of yourself?’
‘Of what was happening between us.’ SCREAM
- LAURENT THROWING COLD WATER ON DAMEN, WHAT A PRECIOUS LITTLE SHIT, HE’S PLAYFUL AND MISCHIEVOUS AND HE GETS TO BE LIKE THAT WHENEVER HE WANTS NOW
- Laurent is learning wrestling!! from! Nikandros!!!!! I hope that is one of the forthcoming short stories I really do
- ‘‘The truth is you’re very sweet, aren’t you,’ said Damen’ SOBS
- they just walk around naked for a while??? amazing
- I’m not even going into the SWEET SCHMOOPY LOVEMAKING, like don’t even get me started
- DAMEN GOT LAURENT A HORSE, HE REALLY KNOWS HIS BOY
- someone knocking on the door when they are immediately post-coitus and Damen being like oH HERE WE GO because he knows exactly what Laurent is going to do
- Damen’s retinue FINALLY showing up at the end, like how fucking far behind did he leave them, he and Laurent accomplished quite a bit in the time it took them to catch up
That’s How a Moment Lasts Forever - Post-BatB Oneshot
“Why do you keep
so many tea sets?”
The old man
chuckled, leaning back in his armchair as he watched his littlest
grandchild. While her two older siblings had chosen to play outside
in the snow, she stared at his bookcase, which, instead of being
filled with books, was lined with teapots and teacups made of wood,
porcelain, and china.
“Well, you know
your father’s a potter; he gives me the ones that no one wants.”
“But do you even
use them?” the girl asked. “They’ve got chips and cracks in
them. They wouldn’t make good tea.”
definitely your mother’s daughter,” the old man replied. “I
suppose…I keep them because they deserve a home, a place to
The girl raised her
eyebrows. “You make it sound like they’re alive.”
old man’s voice took on a spooky tone. “Sometimes they talk to me
The girl laughed.
“No they don’t!”
“No, they don’t,”
he agreed, laughing in return. “But can’t an old man have his
hobbies? I like antiques! I’m a collector, always have been! You
see that?” He pointed at a tiny, intricately decorated box on the
mantel above the fireplace. “It plays a lullaby if you open it.
The king’s grandfather made that for me when I was a boy.”
tea sets were momentarily forgotten as the little girl ran over to
the mantel and seized the box in her hands.
man raised a gnarled hand, but there was no need; the girl set the
box down with the utmost care. She lifted open the box, revealing a
tiny, incredibly detailed replica of a rose. The rest of the inside
was gold and cornflower blue, with a castle painted on the inside of
the lid. She located the winding handle on the side, and with a nod
from her grandfather, wound it up and let it play.
At once, a little
melody, strong but sweet, began to emit from the box, causing the
rose to rotate slowly in place. The girl sat, entranced by the box,
while the man closed his eyes and hummed along.
“You won’t find a
box like that anywhere else,” he finally said. “That’s why it’s
The girl waited
until the last notes faded away, then looked up at her grandfather to
ask him a question. But what she saw startled her into concern
rather than curiosity.
Grandfather!” She rushed forward, drawing out her handkerchief to
wipe his tears away. The song was beautiful, yes, but it wasn’t a
song that should be cried over!
He smiled and let her wipe away his tears. “You are very kind. My
mother used to sing that song for me.” He didn’t need to say the
“Oh,” the girl
whispered. “I’m sorry.”
“You didn’t know,”
the old man reassured her, smiling. “Besides, I let that old box play every day, and you don’t see me crying all the time, do you?”
“No,” the girl answered, grinning. “You’re very cheerful.”
“Well that’s good,” he exclaimed. “I’m glad I didn’t grow up to be an old grump like my father did.”
They sat in silence for a few more minutes; she admiring the music box, and he gazing at the tea sets in the bookcase that he kept so well polished that the imperfections shone in the light.
“Do you want to know the real reasons behind the tea sets?” he asked suddenly, waking the girl from her short-lived reverie. “Why I look after them like I do? You have to promise not to laugh or walk away.”
The little one shrugged, but sidled up to her grandfather’s armchair. “Okay. Tell me.”
“Do you promise not to laugh?”
“I promise.” Her eyes gazed up at him, wide and trusting.
“It’s because I used to be one myself.”
The girl sat there, eyes wide, lips parted slightly in surprise. She wanted to ask if it was a joke, but the old man looked completely serious. And she was just at that age where she was learning to take care of herself, but still young enough to believe in fairy stories, if they were spun the right way.
The old man’s lips curled into a real, genuine smile, one that only children would understand. “Magic.”
“What happened?” the girl’s voice was barely a whisper.
“Well…sit back a little, and I’ll tell you,” the man replied. “I was your age when this story took place. It started with a spoiled prince, an old enchantress, and a young farm girl who saved us all…”
“You used to work at the castle?” the girl said after he had finished his tale.
“Well, it was mostly my mother; she was the head housekeeper. I followed in the steps of my father, became a potter, and when I had your father, I taught him as well. Hopefully your older siblings will carry on the family business for me.”
“I bet they will.” The girl slumped in her chair. But soon she straightened up again. “Was the queen really an inventor?”
“Best in the world,” he replied. “She’s the reason why you have a fountain behind your house for laundry.”
“Is the Enchantress still alive?”
“I have no idea. Probably.”
“Were the musicians really world-famous?”
“Of course they were. Why would they lie?”
“Maybe to gain favor with the prince.”
“No, they’ve been in the paper before. I have clippings, if you’re really that skeptical.”
“Wow…” For a moment she was lost in her own daydreams of what it would be like living with famous people. But then another thought stole her mind away. “Could Plumette really fly? Like a bird?”
“Even after the curse she could float for a while, if she wanted to.”
“What do you want me to say about him? The man was an eccentric old codger right up until the day he…” The man paused for a moment, lost in the past. “Until he died.”
The girl pondered the word in silence, while the other sat in his armchair, thinking of times and thoughts that his granddaughter would never understand, no matter how much she listened, or how much she learned. She would never learn to appreciate time as he had, especially now, after all these years. And he was the last one, the one given the most time to contemplate what had happened. Everyone else had already passed on.
Sometimes, they would come to him in his dreams, as young as he remembered them that day: newly human and full of happiness. Lumiere would ask him how old age was treating him, Chapeau would clap him on the back and comment on his family, his mother would wrap her arms around him and tell him how proud she was of him. How proud they all were of him.
But Cogsworth always told him the time, how time was running out. Tick-tock, there’s not much time left. And though he always asked what Cogsworth meant, the old majordomo never explained himself, only kept repeating the same thing over and over again. Even now, Cogsworth was still as incessant as a real clock.
And yet…though he had time well-spent…it never seemed like enough. Well, not until now, as his youngest grandchild sat next to him, visions of magic and curses dancing in her head, the very age he was when the curse was cast. Filled with the wonder of a story that would die with him.
“I have a special task for you, little one,” he murmured, and the girl’s eyes lit up.
“What is it?” she asked. “Whatever it is, I’ll do it.”
“Don’t forget the story I’ve told you today. Not a single word of it. Write it down somewhere, make it a book. And tell your grandchildren. And have them tell theirs.”
“All right,” the child said. “Is it that important?”
“I don’t want anyone to forget them,” he continued. “They taught me a lesson; I am sure they will teach others too. You’ve probably been told that nothing lasts forever, haven’t you?”
“That’s right,” she said. “Mother told me that.”
“Well…this story only happened in a moment, out of all the time in the world. And when I die, the days I’ve lived will disappear. But now that I’ve told you, you can tell other people, and those people can tell other people, and the story will last longer than any of us.”
He wasn’t much of a storyteller at this age, but he could do this much for his family. He didn’t live his whole life just to die without people really knowing what happened all those years ago. It wasn’t just some curse; lessons were learned, and love was restored to the castle.
“Okay. I promise I’ll do it. And my children will do it too.”
Chip smiled and closed his eyes. He could picture them now, in the castle, carrying out their duties, royalty and service alike. Some would call them ordinary, but to him they were the most important people in the world. They didn’t deserve to be fleeting. They deserved to live on. Through story, through song, through legend.
That’s how a moment lasts forever…when our song lives on.
Warnings/Contains: fighting, voyeurism, daddy, penetration, unsafe sex, cumming inside, masturbation, oral sex (female and male receiving), reader straddles steve, spanking, slight angst at the start for 5 seconds, pet names, sex w tony
the first one garnered such a beautiful response so we’re here for part two. part one also resulted in tony being given the title of having “Mad Dick Game™” so god only knows what will come of this part :/