so i was just watching the puppy bowl and i was wondering what would happen if all the puppies got tired and there weren’t any dogs playing for them to film and then i realized that then they could literally just film sleeping puppies and say “they all got too tired” and i’d still think it’s the cutest thing ever. animal planet struck gold with this they literally can’t go wrong
AHAHAHA. (These really are going to be random my mind is alllll over the place rn.)
SOOOO Spock totally has a collection of little plants from different planets and he takes care of them and Jim thinks it’s the cutest thing he’s ever seen
They don’t get together at first they’re just friends and there’s so much romantic tension that one day Uhura literally snaps and honest-to-God locks them in a closet to figure their shit out
When the crew comes back to let them out they do not find them having sex, as everyone thought, but curled up in a pile on the floor sound asleep, because they sorted out their feelings for each other like normal people and then decided they were both very tired and no one was going to let them out anytime soon. (They do both have very draining jobs.)
Jim has this nasty habit of getting hurt on missions and Spock has the even nastier habit of bottling up his feelings about it, so time after time Jim wakes up in Medbay and Spock is there very calm and collected and then finally he just can’t hold it in anymore and he gets really mad and doesn’t talk to Jim for three days.
Jim figures it’s no use chasing him around so he gives him space and then waits back in Spock’s quarters and there’s lots of talking and emotions and kisses and junk ;)
Jim has definitely more than once put on Spock’s shirt in the morning by accident. Spock has started timing how long it takes him to realize it. The record is three hours.
Jim is totally a stress knitter (you can rip this headcanon from my cold dead hands) and they’re on some mission on an ice planet when Spock pulls out this ridiculously puffy blue scarf that’s at least five feet long and starts methodically putting it on and then realizes everyone is staring and sort of blushes while spewing nonsense about how it’d be illogical to allow his face to freeze and whatnot. Jim is delighted.
- Kara happening upon Lucy in her (their) favorite coffee shop and sitting down for a conversation because she’s an adult and she can handle being friends with the woman who was dating the man she wanted.
- Lucy is just charmed to no end because how could you not be charmed by Kara, but she also finds Kara really engaging and intelligent. And then she discovers how kind Kara is, how big her heart is and she’s even more charmed.
- Kara, for her part, is intrigued by Lucy and and her drive and determination. And, of course, Lucy is beautiful in like….a very objective and totally not romantic way.
- Lucy enjoys teasing Kara because she’s literally the cutest thing on the planet when she’s flustered.
- They become close friends because sometimes it’s refreshing for Kara to talk to someone about her non-super problems and Lucy is a surprisingly good listener.
- Lucy becomes a regular installment on game night. Kara and Lucy dominate when they play battle of the genders.
- She gets suspicious after a while because she’s Lucy and her mind is always working and where is it that Winn and James and Kara get off to sometimes. She tracks their movements for a while and comes to realize that Kara is Supergirl.
- Lucy doesn’t say anything to Kara, just quietly supports her. They still have movie nights every week and she still lets Kara stick her cold toes under her thighs. And then one night she just casually asks how Kara’s latest battle went and it’s the first time Lucy has ever heard Kara swear and she just laughs.
- Kara is a little sad at first because she thinks it’ll change things but Lucy is as great as ever and Kara is just smitten and things are lovely and fluffy and gr9 the end.