Any Kai headcanons?
- *bursts into an enemy base* “I’m here to kick ass and eat cake. And cole just ate all our cake”
- Kai himself is flame resistant, but you know what’s not?
- his clothes
- Wu was a fool and didn’t make sure his first gi wouldn’t burn if he went through fire
- so Kai is super excited when he gets his power and is like “IM TOO HOT, HOT DAMN” and runs through a fire and cause he can’t feel it he doesn’t realise that everything he is wearing is on fire until he goes “wow it’s feeling a bit breezy”
- Kai: hi my name is Kai with a b and I’ve been afraid of insects my entire life-
Cole: stop stop stop, where?
Cole: where is the b
Kai: tHEre’S A bEE??
- I know everyone makes fun of Kai because he’s like “ooh I’m so good looking” but like. he’s gorgeous ok. he’s just an idiot sometimes.
- the most beautiful green eyes you’ll ever see in your whole life?? you can get pale green or blue-green eyes but his eyes are like emerald green holy mac n cheese
- “my scar adds character”
- has the smoothest skin 12/10 would kill to have skin like his
- Jay: how do you have such clear skin
Kai, kicking his moisturisers and face washes and concealer under the bed: haha idk I just roll out of bed
- he’s not like super shredded but he’s toned he takes good care of his abs
- always smells so nice?? is always being sniffed by people he just smells rly good. No shame.
- he’s so done with Wu all the time because when will he stop lying
- Wu in season 1: and that’s everything you need to know
Wu in every season after: syke binches I’ve been lying to you all this time
- so Kai is always like why do you always do these things
- “is your real name even Wu”
- “where’s Wu” “idk probably lying to us all”
- *half of ninjago city blows up* “I bet this is all Wu’s fault and he’s not told us again”
- the real reason he is so clean shaven is because he couldn’t grow a beard no matter how hard he tried, he obviously didn’t receive those genes from his dad
- ok so he’s the biggest Lord of the Rings nerd in the whole world
- has read the books like a million times
- will always reenact the classic “YOU SHALL NOT PASS” scene with Lloyd’s help because he can be the balrog on fire and Lloyd can make cool flashing lights
- “literally what is the point in Frodo, Sam is obviously the true hero”
- will recite one of the many inspirational speeches Aragorn has given on the way to battle
- he can pretty much recite all 3 films word for word
- “one does not simply walk into the time twins’ lair”
- “I would like to say that I hate Pippin but I know if I were ever on a quest he would be me”
- Nya made him a thin gold bracelet when they were little and figuring out the blacksmith stuff and he still wears it now he loves it
Everyone aboard the angst train choo choo
- jokes about it but is really self conscious about his scar
- he’ll never tell anyone how he got it but let’s just say when he lost his parents he got himself into a bit of trouble doing a lot of things he really shouldn’t have done
- like he knows he’s pretty but he hates his scar and he thinks it’s ugly and ruins his face and is a horrible reminder of one really stupid thing in particular he did which would have left Nya on her own as a tiny kid and he can never forgive himself for it
- he knows he’s lucky to have got off with just a scar but still
- he’ll feel like a complete failure a lot of the time because he promised to look after nya and then she got captured
- then she became a samurai and ended up looking after him more than he did her
- then he promised to look after Lloyd and Lloyd got captured
- so he feels like he’s constantly breaking his promises and he hates himself for it.
- he knows the guys are joking when they make fun of him but after a while it starts to nag at him, cause maybe he is the least valuable and has progressed the least
- he’s always had trouble with his temper but he’s never addressed it because he’s like idc, but now that he’s unlocked his power he’s really scared of himself and the things he can do
- because he bottles stuff up until it just bursts out, he was really angry and tired and cole made some snide comment about his leadership skills, and Kai snaps at him and sets the whole ship on fire and nearly burns Cole and if the other ninja hadn’t been there to help get him out then Cole probably would’ve died
- so yeah he’s scared that letting his emotions out is going to hurt people because he can’t control it so he’s like “conceal don’t feel :))”
- and because he conceals and doesn’t feel it makes it worse
- he screws up a lot as leader because he wants to be perfect.
- Cole was the leader first and then it fell on Lloyd as soon as it could, so he’s never had the chance to prove himself.
- but he gets so focused on making sure he’s leading right that he doesn’t consider the team
- that’s also why he wanted to be the green ninja so bad, because he believed that he had the potential to be it if people would just give him a shot to keep improving??
- he was looking after nya his whole life, and he doesn’t begrudge it because he loves her, but as a result he gave up a lot of opportunities so he could be there for her
- oh does he push himself too hard and as a result get injured and really stresses himself out?? Cause he hates feeling like he’s always at the back of the group?? Cause he was the last one sensei picked up?? Heck yeah he does
- he’s an insomniac first and a ninja second
- when they find his dad again he’s really scared to spend time with him because he’s so worried he’s going to have disappointed him because he hasn’t done enough
- and how is he supposed to live up to his dad’s legacy? The original master of fire who forged the time blades with his mum and like literally saved the whole of ninjago
- I mentioned in my bro and sis headcanons for Kai and Nya that Kai dropped out of school so he could take care of her and give her the best life possible, so he’s really self conscious about how basic a lot of his knowledge is
- he knows they’re joking cause they have no idea, but it really stings when the guys call him stupid
- Which is why he shows off with the things he can do
- call him a shameless flirt but really because of all of the above, he never got to hang out with a lot of people his age so he just likes being in the presence of others and has like no idea of any boundaries or how to communicate well, and people seem to respond best when he acts confident and flirty so that’s just how he is when he’s in a new situation
- among his many unhealthy coping mechanisms, when he does something wrong he’ll do whatever it takes to make it right - even if you can’t really make it right.
- so in finding a solution he’ll neglect himself and he won’t eat or sleep or shower and the team have to come down on him like a tonne of bricks, because that’s the only way they can get through to him
- he’s also touch starved so he really craves a lot of physical affection but he doesn’t know how to ask for it or if you can even ask for it
- he loves physical affection but he also hates it cause he has no idea what to do so he might be super huggy one minute and the next be really stiff and keep drawing away from you
- just let him do his thing, he’s not being rude he just needs a bit of space sometimes cause he’s not used to it. Baby steps!
- his body language is very easy to pick up on though cause he wears his heart on his sleeve so don’t worry it’s easy to read how he’s feeling