MORE HS AU!! (Ily)
SJ IS HERE, SAM IS SLEP, SO PREPARE FOR SHAKY POST-CAFFEINE INTAKE WRITING
- here’s the thing with andrew tutoring neil on weekdays: neil doesn’t actually tell him that he’s always fresh from practice when he pops into the library for tutoring
- like, it’s not like it ever came up in conversation. andrew was too busy looking to see how to improve neil’s grades, bc if he’s gonna charge a cute guy $10 per hour, he sure as fuck gotta have to step up his game.
- the trick to neil is: he’s not stupid.
- in the span of three tutoring days, andrew finds out that neil knows about five languages so well he sounds like he’s local all of them. he also finds out that neil does not need help in other subjects and neil actually lets him know
- neil: the maths teacher teaches like he needs everyone to know how smart he is. literally all i do in that class is sleep
- andrew: you’re telling me this like i care
- neil: no, andrew, listen, he thinks i don’t listen. i’ve never failed a quiz in math since i was nine.
- andrew: good to know. not another thing you’ll be paying me extra hours for. the faster we finish the better.
- andrew: don’t stall. the gall bladder. endocrine system. focus, hatford