May I ask for what Sidon would do to help an s/o overcome survivor's guilt? It can be as angsty as you are comfortable with!
I’ll admit, I feel like I don’t know a lot about the subject. So if anyone who does have survivor’s guilt sees something wrong with this post, bless don’ hesitate to say so so that I may correct it.
S/o with Survivor’s Guilt (Sidon)
- He didn’t know
- For the longest time he didn’t know. How could he? They didn’t like to talk about the event or how they felt about it.
- When he does, he has no words. What to say, what to say to a person who feels guilty for living?
- So he holds them close. And stays. And listens. Let’s them cry on him, let everything out so long as they don’t bottle it in.
- And when he’s finally had enough time to see them, how they feel, and understand the why and how of it, he comforts them as best he can.
- “What happened is a tragedy. But I am thankful that you are alive beside me today. Whatever you need me to say or do, I will gladly do so for you are the greatest gift in my life.”