“Saying ‘I notice you’re a nerd’ is like saying, 'Hey, I notice that you’d rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you’d rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. Why is that?’ In fact, it seems to me that most contemporary insults are pretty lame. Even 'lame’ is kind of lame. Saying 'You’re lame’ is like saying 'You walk with a limp.’ Yeah, whatever, so does 50 Cent, and he’s done all right for himself.”
“I like to talk about sex. It’s beautiful, it’s fun, it’s a masterpiece of human connection. But that’s a ‘masculine’ thing to do in music. Women don’t talk about sex, It’s not ‘lady like’. So I’m gonna keep talking about sex. I’m gonna keep talking about sex so that young women who are listening realize that it’s okay to be a sexual being, and it’s okay to love yourself.”
1. Life gets better, and you should be there to see it.
2. If the love is true, they’ll come back. They always do.
3. The little things really do mean everything.
4. Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody
5. Things not going as planned sometimes make for the best stories.
6. Love wins.
7. The people you are kind to won’t forget you, even if you never see them again.
8. Make lists for everything. Your favorite tv show episodes, favorite movies. Make lists for people, fill them with all the things you learn about them as your relationship goes on. You’ll never forget if you write it down.
9. Words mean nothing if actions don’t back them up.
10. Take everything in. One day you’ll be dying to have it back again.
11. Someday we’ll forget these moments and what it feels like to be so young, but right now these moments aren’t stories, they’re happening. Live in the moment.
12. Looking back is human.
13. It’s nice to know you’re not the only person on Earth feeling the way you do.
14. Sometimes you just aren’t ready for someone yet.
15. Giving is the best feeling. Especially if the thing you are giving is something you put your whole heart into.
16. It can hurt just as much at 9 am as it does at 2 am.
17. Sometimes bad things happen to remind you of what good is supposed to look like.
18. If you need to take a day off, take it. Don’t make a habit of it.
19. Before you kiss someone, wait. They are so new and unfamiliar, you don’t know how they’ll taste or how they’ll breathe. They don’t know either. Isn’t that special? Every so often after that look at them through those eyes. That’s how you’ll never lose them. Don’t lose that spark.
20. Dogs are a necessity.
21. You’ve got to be there for your friends, even if your world feels like it’s caving in.
22. You never know what’s around the corner. You just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you’ll look back and see you’ve climbed a mountain.
23. You can love the memories and not love the person.
24. There are too many mediocre things in life. Love shouldn’t be one of them.
25. Keep a diary. Keep in mind that your memory won’t be as good in 30 years as it is now. At the same time, live a life you’ll remember even if you don’t write it down.
26. Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody
27. There are 6 billion people in the world. 6 billion souls. Sometimes, all you need is 1.
28. Being close to someone is never about the proximity.
29. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person that walked into it. That’s the point.
30. Of course it will hurt when it ends. But that’s the very condition of existence. To become spring means accepting the risk of winter.
31. Take videos. It’s one of the best forms of documentation
emmuuhhhhh, 31 Things I’ve Learned Coming Into 2016 Part 2
“She [Beyoncé] was like ‘I know you thinking 'This bitch!’ because she’s picky, but I’m picky too! and I said 'No! I don’t be thinking that, I be thinking I know EXACTLY how you feel’ and I just respect it!”
“I don’t know what I’ll be doing in July, let alone the end of this year. And I love that. In 20 years time, I genuinely have no idea and I kind of like that. I wouldn’t want to predict because I’d probably mess up and choose something rubbish. Life usually comes up with interesting things…that’s a rubbish answer isn’t it? Okay let’s try again…in 20 years time I’d like to have made some films, I’d like to still be based in London and hopefully still be excited about what I’m doing as I am now.”
look you guys THINK Speak Now is overrated lmao you think it is
the truth is the only people who ever list Speak Now as their favorite are people within the deep fandom.
Speak Now was all things considered her least popular time - which is weird to say considering it was the first time she sold 1mill - but literally Speak Now is SLEPT on in the mainstream lmao.
and it really is a fucking shame that because it didn’t have any crazy successful singles like WANEGBT or Shake It Off it never really got the recognition it deserved!?
honestly Speak Now was fucking ahead of its time Speak Now is the album that artists typically release when they’re already in their 30’s and they don’t care about the popularity or the money anymore they just wanna make amazing music and could give a fuck if it gets popular or not and Taylor was like nah…I’m doing this now at age 20 I am coming for you hoes LIKE!
like ENTIRELY written by herself with no co-writers to get ppl talking…just her…the number of songs over four minutes on that album so no fuckin radio play holy SHIT…RADIO FRIENDLY?!?! WHO FUCKING CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE WASN’T SHORTENING HER DAMN SONGS THANK YOU GOD!!…the SONG-WRITING…how whether or not the songs were ‘catchy’ was like the last fuckin thing anyone gave a shit about I cannot believe I was blessed w/ this album so early in my life so I can have it forever I am…..HONESTLY!!
“these are the moments. these are the moments where you realize love is everywhere if you look closely. when you realize happiness isn’t next weekend, and it’s not last week, it’s right now. that was one of the best nights of my life. it felt good to know purpose. i lay in my bunk and i think of all the stories i’m in. i think about all the stories that are in my story. i think about all the stories that are left to be written. and it might be my favorite book yet.”
my endless list of favorite peopleღ Luke Hemmings “I watch him(Billie Joe) all the time on Youtube. I don’t think I’d even want to meet him because I’d probably freak out. He’s a great frontman, he’s very smart, but I also think he’s underrated. To be able to lead a stadium like he does… I dunno how he does it. I aspire to do that.”
“I have to struggle to change people’s perceptions of me. I grew very frustrated with the perception that I’m this shy, retiring, inhibited aristocratic creature when I’m absolutely not like that at all. I think I’m much more outgoing and exuberant than my image.“
“Whatever happens to you in life, don’t let it get the best of you. Life comes with many glorious ups, and many unpleasant downs. Life can punch you in the face and it can hurt a lot. But just like with any type of pain, it can and will heal or relieve eventually. That’s what I believe. Make the best out of any situation and most importantly learn from your mistakes. Take time to grow. We all need a little growth at one point or another. And we all need to learn. None of us are perfect.”