1. He created the world through His voice. With one breath, an empty void became the earth and light shown through darkness.
2. He flooded the world He created. He was too good for the evil and had the power to drown it out.
3. I imagine He grieved when they died. Like no matter how perfect He was, He still loved the vessels that harbored wickedness. I wonder if He mourned. I wonder if He was frustrated by those stubborn souls.
4. But He didn’t give up on us. Instead, He decided He never wanted to lose us again so He sent a sinless man to die for all sins. We failed Him so much He had to wipe us out clean, but now He can wipe us with His son’s blood to make us new.
5. He is love. He is beautiful, overwhelming, unexplainable, flaming, intensity, bigger than we can ever imagine yet humble enough to lift our small, short lives up. But He is also wrath, strength, ability, creator, artist, anger, determined, victor, defeater, the warrior to end all wars, and the mighty King of the coming kingdom.
6. He is not just the writer of your love story. He is the love story, the ultimate romancer, the man that slaughtered the beast and died to win your heart.
7. He has more for you than your plans. There is a whole other life you haven’t passed into yet, with pleasures, treasures, and blessings you can’t even imagine. Don’t you know, you’re the reason He made the roads of heaven shimmering gold? And best of all, there is a seat placed just for you at His table.
8. But there is also a book with your name on it and that is the most frightening. We spend so much time celebrating what He does here and now, we forget He has the final judgement call and the judgement seat is for us all.
9. He loves us so much that the only way to truly live is to have Him in our lives. He is jealous for us, so jealous He would rather place us in a storm and hold us still than leave us comfortable and without need of Him.
10. We rely on how He makes us feel to know He is there, so He makes us numb until we just trust His plans. He could move the biggest mountains through you, if you simply believe He can do it. But sometimes believing in such power is the hardest part.
11. He wants us to be like Christ but Christ was murdered.
12. For it is written: “if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven will also forgive you your wrongdoing. [But if you don’t forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your wrongdoing.]”
13.He doesn’t care about how many verses in your bible you have highlighted, but if those verses are being applied to your life.
14. He embraces the gay man and rebukes those who don’t follow suit.
15.He laughs. He knows what we have done and will do and still wants to give us joy in the midst of sorrow. He is the God of the entire universe, but He has a sense of humor as well.