new witch here! i think i'm ready to start my grimoire. any tips?
ooh, congratulations! :-) ⭐️ there’s an endless amount of things to try putting in your grimoire/book of shadows. some things that come to mind include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- a personalized cover (optional - if you’re using a physical journal and wish to be more discreet, just try picking one with a favorite color or a pretty design. if you do wish to decorate, consider adding a pretty drawn or printed image on your cover that speaks to you - a pentagram, moon, animal, your initials, a flower, etc. :-) also think of stickers, using a glitter pen, or making a homemade cover from a paper bag or construction paper. get creative)!
- a basic guideline of your own personal rules, or a description of your practice (leave enough room to add to this later if you wish! write a bullet list or paragraph of the rules you wish to follow, what type of witch you are, and how you want your practice to benefit you in the long run. if you wish, also feel free to copy down the Wiccan Rede!)
- pages filled with tips and lists (herbs and their correspondences, star charts, astrology info, tarot spread layouts, moon phases, a sabbat chart, ritual and spell ideas… literally anything you can think of. if you’re using a physical journal, don’t be afraid to print out some of these things that may be just too long to write out!) ~
- some space for you to write down anything you wish (a “spiritual diary,” if you will. you can fill these pages with tarot readings and what you’ve learned from them, how a spell worked or didn’t work, a spiritual experience you may have had, how you plan to further your practice and be a better witch… etc. the possibilities are endless! this is your sacred space for venting and learning.)
- decoration + personalization! press flowers, draw pictures, glue or tape photos and ideas, add glitter or stickers… really make it your own. you are completely free to collage the heck out of your grimoire, or keep is as neat and tidy as you please. ☺️🙏🏻
hope this helps! sorry it was so long hehe. i also advise checking out this link - http://magic-for-the-masses.tumblr.com/grimoire-tips it’s super useful for figuring out what kind of grimoire you want to have + tons of other tips. blessed be! )O( ✨