Basic Spirit Work Advice:
- Don’t give out the name that means the most to you, whether that’s your birth name or your nickname.
- If an entity gives your their full name, don’t give that away to others. Use a nickname or a pseudonym to protect their privacy.
- If you have any feeling that there’s an unwanted or threatening entity in a space or your home, tell it to go away and show now fear. Do any kind of cleansing exercise that you use. Do not back down. Repeat and increase intensity if it doesn’t stop.
- Don’t expect to hear voices, see entities, or get any kind of clear messages. It can take years of practice, and sometimes you just can’t. People on tumblr who share their experiences may be embellishing for clarity, and might receive messages in a less clear way than presented.
- If you have a specific, individualized method of protecting your spiritual area (especially with visualization), don’t share how you’ve made the wards or the specifics of them. It’s just good practice not to show your weaknesses.
- The “color” of energy does not necessarily denote a specific universal meaning. I’m of the opinion that energy colors are filtered through your own established color system, so make sure you know what you believe - whether colors are linked to different elements, or alignments etc.
- If you choose to bind an entity to an object, be aware that losing the object might change your relationship with the spirit in some way. I personally advise against binding spirits to things, given that they could easily be damaged or lost, but that’s your choice.