I Tried A Shitload of Black Eyeliner So You Don't Have To
I figured for my first real post I could focus on my ongoing obsession with finding the perfect black eyeliner. I swatched 30(!) different black liners and did a rub test and a water trial for all of them, so we could really get an idea of what all this goth-water will wear like. hit the cut if you wanna paint it paint it paint it black, BLACK AS NIGHT, BLACK AS COAL.
Hi ! Um what kind of eyeliner do you recommend I'm a beginner and I suck at making the wing 😭
Have you tried the tape method? If you’re just starting out, using the tape method will make it extremely easy until you get the hang of how much pressure to apply, how much ink will come out, etc. Just make sure to be very gentle with applying and removing the tape as the eye area is very delicate :)
As for easy to use, beginner friendly eyeliners try Maybelline Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner, Loreal Infallible Super Slim Eyeliner, Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner Pen, Loreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Eyeliner.
I found a display of these new Jordana Cat Eye liquid liners at my local Walgreen’s and decided to give them a try because a) they were pretty cheap - around $3 I believe, and b) I had just run out of my L'Oreal Lineur Intense liner. I’ve been testing this out for three days now and actually really like it. I think this is a great way for beginners to get the hang of doing a cat eye. The brush tip is really tiny so it’s harder to make big mistakes than if you used a wider applicator. It goes on pretty opaque and I’d definitely recommend it!
L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense VS Maybelline Master Duo
While neither of these are favorites of mine, I have to say I prefer the L'Oreal Lineur Intense because it doesn’t skip like the Maybelline Master Duo does. One cool thing about the Maybelline liner is that it’s double ended - one side makes a thick line and the other makes a thin. The color payoff is a deep matte black but the stiffness of the felt tip makes it hard to create an ongoing line. The L'Oreal liner allows you to make a thorough line but it takes a while and can be difficult to get a non-wavy line.
Hi! Selling a bunch of stuff in an attempt to destash since I’m buying so much new stuff lately. Everything below is $3 shipping for the first item and .50 for each additional to the US only (please message me if you’re outside of the US for rates). I’ve also got this up on reddit, so there is a chance others might grab it up! The photo above doesn’t show everything but I tried to get as much in as possible!
Rimmel Extra Wow Lash - Used once - $4
L'Oreal Voluminous False Lashes/Faux Cils - Used twice - $4
Too Faced Lash Injection Pinpoint in brown - Never used - $11
L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense felt eyeliner - Used once - $6
Too Faced Lashgasm mini - Never used - $6 (with other purchase)
Clinique High Impact Mascara mini - Never used - $5 (with other purchase)
Tarte Inner Rim Eyeliner mini - Never used - $6
NARS black eyeliner felt tip - Never used - $12
neuLASH eyelash enhancing serum - Never used, sells for $95! - $30
TARTE ArchAngel eyebrow perfecting set - Discontinued, brand new in box - $20
NARS eyeshadow mini in Edie (from Andy Warhol collection) - Brand new never used - $10
MAC lashes - Brand new - $10
Smashbox Photo Set Pressed Powder in Light (mini) - Never used - $6
STILA Countless Color Pigments in Center Stage - Used once - $8
EM by Michelle Phan Makeup Mood Enhancer/Illuminator - Used twice - $12
NARS Pure Matte Lipstick from Edie set in “Film Star” - Brand new, never used - $14
Buxom Lip Venom in Blue Venom - Used once - $10
MAKE Luminous Lip Gloss in 5571 (like a shimmery deep plum) - Used once - $5
OCC Lip Tar in Annika - Used twice - $10
Demeter Salt Air 15ml - Used once - $5
Demeter Swimming Pool 15ml - Used once - $5
Demeter Suntan Lotion 15ml - Used once - $5
Katy Perry Killer Queen roll-on - Brand New in Box - $13
Marc Jacobs Lola roll-on - Used once - $13
Fendi Fan de Fendi roll-on - Used twice - $12
Dolce & Gabbana Rose the One 5ml mini - Never used - $7
Dior Addict 5ml mini - Never used - $7
Sonya Dakar Enzyme Peeling Cream - Brand new, never opened (sells for $85!) - $40
Is there a liquid eyeliner you'd recommend for beginners? I don't like how my top liner looks if I'm using a pencil but that's all I've ever used before. Drugstore or high-end is fine! Thanks so much :)
hey hey. I always recommend felt tip/pen tip liners for beginners. they’re really easy to hold and use and will help you learn to steady your hand. these are a few of my favorites:
1) Liquid Eyeliner: I use the Lineur Intense from Loreal, but anything as black as my soul will work
2) Mascara: I have long eye lashes so i love drenching them in mascara, my all time favorite mascaras are Loreal Telescopic Explosion and Maybelline Stiletto
3) Bed Head After Party: I’ve been using this since I was 15 and swear by it
4) Bertz Bees Chap Stick: My absolute fav!
5) Razors: I like to use the Venus Spa blades cause they make my skin feel like silk, but they’re expensive so I’ve started getting the cheaper ones that work just as well
6) Straightener: I like my hair straight and I invested in a good straightener that’s lasted me years, I use the BaByliss Nano Titanium. It’s actually starting to wear down now and I’m just going to get another one cause I love it so much!
7) D&G Light Blue perfume: Probably my favorite perfume, just my personal taste thoughxP
8) Acence Blemish Out Pink Spot by Mizon: This shit works so well on pimples! It’s become my new favorite!!
9) Herbivore Botanicals Dead Sea Salts: Obsessed with the sent of these bath salts! I take tones of baths for relaxing or just getting high and these definitely make the experience better!
10) Make up remover: I’ve been using Neutrogena Makeup Whips for a while now and would suggest getting those. They work well and don’t make my face feel oily after!