🍋 KITTY’S 72 CAL LEMON CAKE 🍋
This cake is honestly one of my favourite things, it’s super dense so it’s really filling. It’s really tasty and one slice is only 72 calories! (Total: 12 slices, 864 calories)
🍋 INGREDIENTS 🍋
90g low-fat spread- I’m in Australia so I use salt free margarine but it could be whatever you prefer
90g caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
90g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
🍋 METHOD 🍋
1. Preheat your oven to about 150°C/300°F
2. Beat your low-fat spread with the caster sugar, gradually adding the egg until smooth
3. Sift in the flour and baking powder and beat again adding the zest of your lemon
4. Line your cake tin with baking paper (I NEVER grease tins. It’s just empty calories and fat)
5. Bake for about 30-45 minutes or until completely cooked.
6. Take it out and let it cool
🍋 OPTIONAL- LEMON DRIZZLE 🍋
1. Juice your lemon and mix with honey to taste
2. Drizzle over your cake (or over very thin lemon slices placed on top of your cake)
3. Slice and serve!
This is so great for people like me with a huge sweet tooth- it’s perfect for a lunchtime snack, it’s tasty, low calorie, low fat and even lactose free. Enjoy everyone!
I remember being scared that something must, surely go wrong, if we were this happy, her and me, in the early days, when our love was settling into the shape of our lives like cake mixture reaching the corners of the tin as it swells and bakes.
Max Porter, from Grief is the Thing with Feathers (Graywolf Press, 2015)