Being Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Daughter...
- Lin would cry the day you were born but he would also brag a lot.
- He’d shower you with gifts but he was also careful not to overdo it
- Chances are, (depending on your age and whatever year you’d picture this for) you’d be friends with a lot of the Hamilton cast/ and or their kids
- There’s no doubt about it you’d be a freestyling genius much like him and musically talented.
- And Lin would be so proud of this
- Lin’s heart would melt every time you called him ‘dad’
- He is probably one of the most caring, sweetest, and involved father out there.
- And if your mother wasn’t in the picture, Lin would be sure to work to fill in her shoes.
- He would attend all your school events and extra curriculars too.
- On mother’s day he would plan a brunch inviting his sister and mother over making sure you knew you weren’t alone when it came to the amount of females in your life.
- Whenever he goes to Richard Rodgers Theatre or goes to work for whatever project he’s working on he is constantly pulling his phone out to show his fellow coworkers pictures of you
- He can’t help it
- But one thing is for sure, Lin would make sure you knew how strong of a woman you were. Being a strong activist for equal rights Lin knew how easy it was for girls in today’s society to feel weak and defeated by the powerful and he never wanted you to experience that. So he would make post-it notes and stick them in your lunchbox, on your mirror, and anywhere he could find with sayings such as…
- “I am woman hear me roar!”
“Though she be but little, she is fierce!”
“A strong woman looks fear in the eye and gives it but a wink.”
“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.”
- And because your father is one of the most encouraging and inspiring figures in the world, not only in tweets but reality as well, he excels at giving the best, most needed pep talks when you’re down in the dumps.
- Lin had you speaking Spanish as soon as you said your first word
- Lin would practically document your entire life. He liked taping you and taking pictures while you were doing casual activities such as coloring, singing, dancing, playing with your dolls, running around the house, etc.
- Tobillo basically being your best friend
- That dog follows you wherever you go
- Lin has thousands of videos from when you were learning to walk, practically waddling around and Tobillo was right on your heel the entire time following you.
- The whole Hamilton cast would be obsessed with you
- Especially Phillipa
- That girl loved you as if you were her own
- And if you were old enough, you would join the Schuyler Sisters in their inbetween shows closet talk.
- Sleep overs at Jasmine and Anthony’s while your dad is out of town
- And they would absolutely LOVE having you over
- You made them want to have kids that much more and Anthony loved taking you to the movies and Jasmine loved taking you out shopping
- Speaking of shopping, Renee, Jasmine, and Phillipa are always spoiling you with the newest trends and what nots.
- The Hamilton cast would be like another family to you
- Always running around backstage with Groffsauce, who usually was assign babysitting duty.
- The Schuyler sisters- as well as Leslie teaching you how to harmonize
- Daveed loved helping you with your freestyling
- You and him always got in heated battles- in good spirits of course
- Playing childish games during intermission and between shows with Oak, Daveed, and Anthony.
- Trying to braid your dad’s hair during his Hamilton days
- Let’s be real, Lin would dedicate Dear Theodosia to you
- And during Stay Alive (reprise) and It’s Quiet Uptown he had genuine tears pinching at his eyes as he fathomed the thought of losing you
- But Lin would always run to you and spin you around every night after shows
- The two of you would walk hand and hand together home and Lin would sing you to sleep every night
- He’d love making you breakfast and basking in that domestic life
- I could see him making some of the best pancakes in the world
- And one morning when you were little, you convinced him to let you have a sip of his coffee
- “Daddy, what’s that black stuff in there.”
“It’s called coffee, bebé.”
“Can I try some?”
“Uh, I don’t think so, Y/n. You wouldn’t like it.”
- Like he predicted, you hated it. The liquid burned your throat and young little you cried at the bitterness for at least a minute which broke Lin’s heart.
- Lin would be the type of parent that would love to show you off to family and friends but when it came to posting pictures of you on social media, he usually made sure your face was covered, just to keep an element of privacy in his life.
- But he does love tweeting stories about you or cute things that you do
- Your childhood years would be a little hectic. Lin probably wouldn’t be around as much as he wants with filming, acting, composing and all but he would make an effort of a lifetime to be as involved as possible.
- By your late teens you had already seen much of the world but that didn’t mean you were bored by any mean. Adventure was in your soul.
- Lin would spend a lot of time with you during his time working with the film Moana. He liked to come to you to find inspiration.
- Family trips to Disney World and Land
- Lin is constantly trying to help you with his homework
- “You know I was a teacher.”
- Coming to him when you start learning about the American Revolution
- “Well I mean you came to right person. I did write an entire musical about this stuff. Just use the album for a reference, it’s mostly accurate.”
- Walking into your house one day after school infuriated as you set your pop quiz on the Schuyler Sisters in front of him, a large 9/10 circled with red pen.
- “And I quote, I’m the oldest and the wittiest… My father has no sons… dad you cost me a perfect score! Why did you lie in the lyrics, I thought you said I could trust them!”
“I’m sorry I forgot they had other siblings!”
- Similar to your father, you swore like a sailor
- Which also meant you were constantly getting scolded and death glares from your father who claims “He didn’t raise you to speak like that.” Even though you both know he did.
- But honestly I could see Lin being into girl drama. Like when he picks you up from school and sees an annoyed look on your face he’d just shake his head and say,
- “Spill the tea, honey. I’m ready!”
- And on your bad days after dropping you off at home after school, Lin would drive to the nearest DQ and Chick-Fil-A and movie store returning home with gifts in toll.
- He was one of the only people in the world you trusted enough to tell everything too
- Dad jokes, so many dad jokes.
- “Dad I’m thirsty. Do we have any-“
“Hi thirsty nice to meet you I’m Lin-Manuel.”
- Being very close with your grandparents
- Your grandpa teaching you how to cook
- Your grandma would spoil you tbh
- Girl talk with your Aunt Luz
- Your dad would be really big on making sure you knew and understood the importance of equality and treating others with respect.
- Weekly meals at their place where your grandpa is also telling tales
- “You know pequeño, when your father was your age I couldn’t get him to shut up!”
“He was always doing his rapping, talking fast and never making sense but he had passion just like yourself so don’t you ever give up on yourself carino. If your father did he would not be where he is today- and neither would you.”
“Thank you abuelo.”
- And when you finally do make it, doing whatever or being wherever that may be, you’ll have Lin’s as well as the rest of your families support because Lin knows exactly what it feels like to have millions of people doubt you and laugh at you for doing the unexpected so his support will never run out.
- When Lin finds out you have a passion for writing and composing, he immediately takes you with him for a daddy daughter date to the studio.
- He pretends to be out of ideas for a song and you play along knowing it would be a lot less painful to take the easy path.
- “Well there are a few different projects I’ve been working on lately. They aren’t too good… pretty shitty-“
“Sorry… but uh, you can have a look I suppose.”
- Becoming a co writer beside your dad on his next project
- Going on walks and hikes together with Tobillo
- But for real though Lin would be insanely protective over you
- Like when it comes to you Lin always needs to know where you are and constantly has eyes on you
- When you got your first boyfriend/girlfriend Lin would FLIP
- You’d suddenly become a player in the game ’21 questions’ or more like 101 questions when it came to your dad
- He demanded meeting your significant other and no matter the gender, he held his strong demeanor and hardly cracked a smile- well until he saw how happy you looked in their presence.
- But eventually he’d come to term with it. Although he would always see you as his little girl, he knew you had to spread your wings and he was not about to hold you back from doing so.
- And when you finally land a lead role on an upcoming Broadway show, Lin is ecstatic.
- Every day he calls you to ask how rehearsals are going partly because he’s interested and excited for you but also because he remembers his restless days and nights where he’d come home so stressed he’d forget to eat for days. He didn’t want to see you go through the hardships he did.
- Ironically enough the new production is held, opening night, in the same old theater you grew up in, Richard Rodgers. Home sweet home.
- And on opening night you can guarantee your father is sitting front row with four bouquets of various flowers surrounded by all your family and friends as well as a handful of the original and new Hamilton cast.
- And he would cry. A lot.
- But he would also be that dad that right before the show starts, as the lights are dimming, he stands up and shouts,
- “Go Y/n!”
- His proud dad tweets would be never ending that night
- After the production he was sure to be the first backstage and the first to hug you.
- “You did it, you did it! I’m so proud of you, mi ángel. Congratulations!”
- You’d be lying to yourself if you said your dad didn’t have a surprise party planned for after the play because he did.
- Not to be a downer but there would be days where Lin would cry himself to sleep thinking he hasn’t done enough, or given you the life you deserve. He worked himself far too hard to make sure you had everything you could ever need and knew you were loved, but sometimes he couldn’t help but fear the worst.
- Although at times he can be overbearing, you wouldn’t want it anyway else.
This was so fun to write oh my lord, hope you enjoyed!