Last month I attended a MAC Cosmetics event to celebrate their launch onto the Look Fantastic website. Whilst there I picked up a selection of products from their new limited edition CHROMAT collection, as well as a few classics from their permanent lines.
I wanted to show you the two lipsticks & eyeshadow palette from the limited edition collection, and two of their new metallic lipsticks.
First up we have ‘#ShockValue’ a bright aqua Blue lipstick in a Amplified finish; Opaque full coverage finish, great pay-off with a light sheen to it. Then we have ‘Augmented Reality’ a strong candy Red in a Matte finish; No shine, full coverage and long lasting. Both feature the architecturally inspired bionic 3D patterned packaging, distinctive across the entire collection. RRP £16.50 / $17.50 each.
The two Metallic Lips I picked up at the event are named ‘Cold Front’ (pictured on the left below) which is a frosted periwinkle Blue, and ‘Anything Once’ a Blackened blue with multi-coloured pearl running throughout.
As we know, metallic lips have been trending recently but personally I’m not the biggest fan, I think metallic lips belong on the catwalk or high fashion photo-shoots over everyday wear. But that’s just my taste, however, I do LOVE the colour of Cold Front. If you do fancy rocking the reflective lip, I would advise pairing it with a simple eye of just mascara and / or some spikey lashes. RRP £16.50 / $17.50 each.
This really is beautiful! Once again, it features the special packaging distinctive to the CHROMAT collection. It contains a vibrant ocean Blue shade and a pearlescent deep Orange - which are complementary colours on the colour wheel, so this means they would work really well together for a contrasting look. The palette also contains a Brown with a Green pearl running through it, a rich Black, a pearlescent Navy, and a metallic gunmetal shade. All of these eyeshadows can be used wet or dry, perfect for a modern smokey eye with a pop of colour! Check out the swatches below:
Sabina Sangre: Deep Orange with Gold pearl
Duabandita: Brown with Green pearl
Structured Satin: Rich Black
Mindfiles: Metallic Silver with pearl
Triennial Wave: Vibrant ocean Blue
Blue Black: Navy Blue with Blue pearl
This limited edition palette retails for £25.00 / $32.00
Limited edition palette from Colourpop for only $16!! I just ordered this and so did my sister. We are obsessed with the colors! We have never tried any colourpop shadows so I will review them for you as soon as I receive the palette.
1. Nicknames: abby (my full first name is abigail and i hate it so much argh), babby, bee, beebee, goosey
2. Gender: Female
3. Star sign: Leo!
4. Height: oompa loompa size 5′3, like 161-162 cm ???
5. Time: 11:49 PM
6.Birthday: August 1st
7. Favorite Bands/Groups: I’m assuming this is supposed to be kpop related :o ??? Nu’est, Wanna One, B1A4, Apink, Blackpink, and Oh My Girl
8. Favorite solo artists: Maybe Zion T and Suran? I don’t listen to many solo artists
9. Song stuck in my head: since I said Suran, now If I Get Drunk Today is stuck in my head lol
10. Last movie watched: To the Bone
11. Last show watched: My cousin got me hooked on iZombie, its rly rly good
12. When did i create my blog: Mid May
13. What do I post: Reblogs of beautiful gifs of beautiful people
14. Last thing googled: Too Faced Natural Love Limited Edition Palette, I was hoping they’d have it at the mall today at Sephora but they don’t sell it anymore. Welp. :(
15. Do you have other blogs?: Nope.
16. Do you get asks?: Sometimes! And it’s usually for those ask games or someone needing nu’est information which I am always glad to help with/research! I mainly talk through direct messaging even though I’m really bad at replying sometimes bc I am distracted or busy so pls don’t think I ignore you!!! ;w;
17. Why did u choose your url?: Because Hwang Minhyun is a beauty and it’s his best nickname (fun fact: it was either this or minhearts) I used to have a dash in between hwang and minyeo but Ellie @hyun95 let me know hwangminyeo was an open url and i am super thankful~
18. Following: 64! I go blog stalking sometimes bc I know I need to follow more but when I’m on tumblr I’m usually multi-tasking at the same time which makes me distracted and forget asdfghjkl
19. Followers: Just surpassed 1.2k the other day and I’m shook and everyone is so sweet and kind and put up with my shitty text posts (which are mainly jokes or me freaking out) :((
20. Favorite colors: pastel colors! but pink is my favorite
21. Average hours of sleep: 6-7
22. Lucky number: asdfghjkl ??? idk maybe 5? bc i’m the 5th child in my family and i rly like the number
23. Instruments: I taught myself piano for about 3 months then gave up and now I play ukulele lmao
24. What am I wearing: a pajama t-shirt bc this florida heat got me fcked up even though I should be used to it by now
25. How many blankets I sleep with: 2 because I sleep with my fan on and if I don’t then it gets really hot and i’m not about to let my legs be grabbed by a ghost
26. Dream job: Anything in the medical field (but I have a sensitive stomach and can’t stand the sight of blood or injuries no matter how small) bc I can help people
27. Dream trip: I’ve wanted to go to France and Greece for forever!!1! I also took a Euro History class and would love to go to other European countries as well bc I’m a nerd for history and want to see everything I learned about~
28. Favorite food(s): Steak, Rice, Beef, Pizza, Burgers, Sushi, Pho, anything and everything except pork because I don’t like the taste of pork :(
29. Nationality: Filipino-American
30. Favorite song now: I’ve been listening to Sorry by Ciara a lot :)))