tips on saving money while shopping online
1. get the extension called honey; it will automatically try coupon codes they find online. its just an easy step to save money when purchasing stuff online.
2. sign up for ebates. ebates is a site where you can get cash back on your online purchases and sometimes even in store purchases. its super easy to sign up and set it up. sign up here + they have some special going on where you get 10 dollars as a welcome gift. seriously, its like free money, every penny counts.
3. amazon prime is great. amazon prime has free 2 day shipping on a lot of their items and you can save a lot on shipping costs. if you are a student, you can get 6 months of prime for free & then half off afterwards. the link is here; if you don’t qualify for student prime, you can sign up on their 1 month free trial. Remember to cancel at the end if you don’t want to be charged for the membership fee.
4. now if you do use amazon to purchase things, remember to check the prices with camelcamelcamel. They offer nice insights to amazon’s pricing history. If you’re willing to wait, the price could go down.
5. also many sites offer pricing matching. so basically that means if you find it cheaper somewhere else, the company will price match it. some places even throw a 10% off on top of that.
6. this does not work for a lot of sites but if you add your items in your cart and then check out until you get to the part to put in your contact information. abandon your cart and some companies will send you a coupon code in hopes you will come back and finish your checkout.
if you have anymore tips to add, send me a message and I will add it to the post.