my thoughts on Arrow 5x19
This gif is an accurate representation of me. Everything I’ve been waiting (rather patiently, if I do say so myself… as someone who doesn’t come by patience naturally, I think I’ve done a pretty swell job this whole last year *pats self on back*) is finally starting to happen. I’m hesitant to say it’s more glorious than I imagined, because I tried very hard not to imagine anything specific, but it’s pretty damn glorious and I couldn’t be more pleased.
- Felicity had The Best wardrobe this whole episode. When I saw that red dress at the beginning I literally gasped.
- Curtis is definitely veering towards annoying with all his quips and babbling, but the Airplane! quote at the top of the show made me chuckle. Yes, it was bad timing. But I still enjoyed it.
- It’s more than a bit nerve-wracking to watch Felicity dance on the line like she did in this episode. Like Oliver, I want to protect her and I found myself constantly gasping and going “oh no!” and “ack! Felicity!” but in the end I’m all “that’s my baby, I’m so proud” so it all worked out.
- The best way to describe Oliver in this episode is “Shook”. The best way to describe Diggle is “Shook Pt. 2″
- I’m snickering at the boys being at odd ends because their wives are going rogue on them.
- Also: Felicity and Lyla crossing paths and sniping at each other is equal parts delightfully entertaining and nerve-wracking. Is this going to put a damper on future double dates?
- I’m pretty #TeamLyla most of the time, but not telling Dig and Oliver that they’d moved Caden was… a bad move. Very bad move. SOOOOO bad. C’mon, Lyla. Don’t be that way.
- Even though, seeing Diggle and Lyla at odds makes me feel uncomfortable and I just want to yell “Don’t get divorced, mom and dad!”
- Rene was my pumpkin cupcake this episode.
- I’ve really grown to love him this season and the FEELINGS I had last night were off the charts.
- Is it just me or has Rene become Quentin’s honorary kid? I’m all for this, btw. If you ask me, it’s a step up from his last child.
- Oliver drinking.
- GUYS. Oliver just does NOT drink. A shot here and there, maybe a celebratory toast or a beer with OTA. But this is a man who needs to be in control 100% of the time. He never sits down with a bottle like he did last night. I’m shook.
- That is how upset he was about facing off with Felicity. That’s how much he didn’t mean “don’t count on it”. That’s how much he loves her and wants her safe and her soul intact and it’s just killing him, the distance between them and OMG I HAVE ALL THE FEELS.
- I think I officially have too many feels to adequately discuss this episode. All that’s coming out of my brain are whale noises.
- The moment Dig said “I’m not the man she was gonna marry” I think I stopped breathing and I didn’t start again for the rest of the episode.
- You know that gif where the person’s eating popcorn and they stop with their hand halfway to their mouth and they’re just O.O? That was me.
- Actually, no, I was Oliver. He froze and then, slowly, looked at Dig like “omg wtf did you just say to me?”
- IT WAS ONE OF THE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SEASON
- The engagement was OFFICIALLY brought up. And it was everything I wanted it to be. Olicity is off pause, folks. We’re hitting the play button. The fast forward in some spots. THE WAIT IS OVER.
- The scene in the loft was so much better than I was expecting. I was NOT expecting Felicity to bust out the “one of the reasons I fell in love with you” thing. YEP. The pedal is to the metal. We’re full speed ahead!
- And how her voice softened? And she stepped closer? The TENSION in that scene was amazing. I’m giddy.
- There was the whole blue laser face-off that was equally hot and sad and amazing.
- And the final face-off in the bunker… My heart hurt for BOTH of them here. She absolutely believes he doesn’t trust her. She doesn’t realize he doesn’t trust himself. It’s all gonna come out. BRING ON 5x20!
I’m gonna go fan myself and find something chocolate to eat. I need to recover. What a heck of an episode!