HONESTLY BLESS SUBARU FOR REALISING THIS IS NOT EXACTLY
SOMETHING FAI WOULD WANT OTHER PEOPLE TO SEE
AND BLESS KUROGANE FOR TRYING TO HELP HIM THROUGH IT BY
PHYSICALLY KEEPING HIM UP
Because I know this was partially what Kamui told him to do, but it’s also the opposite of what Kamui said. He wanted Fai “held down”, but Kurogane is keeping him up. Kurogane isn’t restraining Fai, he’s supporting him, and the difference between the two is 100% goodness.
Also, let’s recap:
Helpful people: Kurogane, Subaru
Unhelpful people: the room full of people who just casually watched this
whole thing happen
Even less helpful people: Kamui, describing the process for
I suppose if you wanted to be kinder to Kamui you could say that he’s saying this to Kurogane, as a way of reassuring him, but I am very much less inclined to assume the nice option where Kamui is concerned.
Day 4 (November 23) - Favorite Touch(s) Felicity hugging Oliver’s arm in Broken Arrow (3x19), and bonus points for kissing it in My Name is Oliver Queen (3x23) and Green Arrow (4x01).
Because first of all, the first one is when Ray is watching her and realizes that she loves Oliver. And in the other two, Oliver is just trying to talk to his friends and Felicity’s like, “ok you talk, I snuggle.”
Did I miss any? No? Am I weird for liking this so much? Yes? FINE.
Damon is definitively the kind of person who’s always calculating and thinking about what to do, in what moment and how. I bet that during Think Tank era, he was like:
*writes tons of songs for him*
“I’m going to tell him that I’m so sorry, the boys miss him, I miss him, it’s not the same without him, I’m not the same without him, I fucking had to play electric guitar again. I’ll apologize and try to get back our relationship, I don’t want to lose him ever again”
But then when he actually saw him again, he definitively didn’t know what to do lmao, this man could barely talk and was sweating and with a nervous laugh, just said:
The one and only time Levi has ever let Erwin down was when he laid him to rest.
Levi doesn’t bat an eyelash at any injuries received from training or the battlefield, knowing that with time, they will heal. The injury in his heart from losing Erwin continues to bleed profusely as it did a year ago, not a hint of healing in sight.
Levi was never one to sleep for long, but when the only time he’s able to see Erwin is in his dreams, he allows himself to sleep in.
Levi always imagined himself on one knee to ask Erwin to marry him, not send him to his death.
Their breaths are synced together until Levi inhales and Erwin does not follow.
Years ago, Levi would have done anything to see Erwin dead. Now, he’d do anything to see him alive.
Oh maaaan so for the first time in ages I had a dream that I think makes an awesome story idea with a little modification. I’ve been lying here trying to lodge the details in my head…and making it coherent…and turning it into an SPN AU. Here it is…
Ships: Cas/Benny, Dean/Cas/Benny, Cas/Dick Roman (extremely dubious consent!)
Warnings: ABO, dub con, fantasy AU, omega Cas, beta Dean, alpha Benny. Story itself would have more but those are the big ones for this outline.
While small kingdoms are suffered to exist, no one can pretend that Purgatory is the dominant force in the world. Eve, queen of Purgatory, has numerous alpha sons and daughters who vie for dominance and control in her kingdom. Once a year, she opens her doors to the eligible young omegas of the lesser kingdoms and allows them to try to court her alpha children. The suitors must be omegas and must be virginal. Invasive tests are used to confirm eligibility and violators are subject to summary execution. It’s not a fair system, not a happy one, but it’s what the lesser kingdoms must do. Sending a satisfactory mate to Purgatory protects them, and if their child can produce an alpha grand child for Eve, there’s even a chance for great influence. The grand courtship starts with a suitors ball, and then a week of planned activities supposedly as “get to know each other” but mostly so Eve’ s children can find their favorites and coerce them into marriage.
In an effort to ensure their continued existence, Heaven sends their young, just of age son Castiel to the suitors ball. He’s terrified, and has no interest in marriage, but what choice does he have? He’s as prepared as he can be, and he’s hoping he can make a good match. He knows nothing of Purgatory’s internal politics, nothing of their battles. His concern is all for protecting and furthering his own people.
To his surprise, he hits it off immediately with the guard who greets him and escort him. Purgatory is infamous for the cutthroat competition between people at all levels of the social milieu but the guard, Dean, is polite, courteous, and kindly tells Castiel what unpleasantness to expect when they part ways - the virginity tests, the display before the nobles, and finally the introduction to the alphas, all handled more like a slave market than a courtship between supposed equals. No one really thinks the royalty of other kingdoms are the equals of Eve’s family anyway. Deans alpha scent is soothing, and Castiel is sorry to see him go.
The examination before the leading nobles of the kingdom, and Eve herself, is as intimidating and humiliating as Castiel feared. Blood pools on the floor, those before him who proved unchaste, as he strips and allows all and sundry to examine him, touch him, question him, in the most invasive ways. They deliberately push him,test his calm - also part of the test, he realizes, an omega who grows upset isn’t suited to the royal family - and with Deans scent lingering in his nose, he keeps cool and passes. He is a virgin, his trained on proper behavior, is a suitable match for a royal of Purgatory.
Dean greets him after and walks him to his room. The beta smells unhappy, but he remains polite, friendly, kind. Castiel isn’t an idiot - Dean must have done terrible things to be a guard of rank in the palace, everyone in Purgatory has done terrible things to succeed - but at least Dean is personable and respectful. Idly, Castiel wonders if the beta is one of Eve’s children, born from her omega harem. Idly, Castiel wishes that Dean were an alpha, and part of the courtship. This isn’t a fairy tale - there’s no scent compatibility, no true mates - but Dean smells nice and treats him with respect and if Castiel has to marry someone there it might as well be…
But it’s not an option, and Castiel is left alone by Dean - who shoots him wistful looks as if the attraction is mutual - to prepare for the ball.
The ball is…overwhelming. Castiel is glad he’s got experience of royal functions or else he’d be lost. As it is, he drills names in his head and struggles to retain all the most important information. Most of the omegas cluster around Richard, Eve’s most favored son. He’s an alpha, older, powerful in every way. Within an hour of seeing him in action, Castiel is also convinced he’s cruel, capricious, selfish. He’s got several omega spouses already but his harem is yet small, he’ll need many more if he’s to be monarch, and the omega suitors flock in an effort to gain his favor.
Castiel doesn’t flock.
Castiel doesn’t want his favor.
Somehow, he gets it anyway. Richard follows him around, drags him into dances, pursues him, seems baffled and then angry that Castiel doesn’t reciprocate. He smells noxious to Castiel, though, and all Castiel wants is a quiet match, some safety for his kingdom, maybe someone he can be himself with for just an hour a day instead of having to pretend 24/7 that he believes in everything Purgatory stands for.
Roman finally backs off, thankfully, beguiled by more willing omegas - they started as virgins but many won’t be by the end of the night - and Castiel goes to meet others. The alpha children vary widely from quiet and introspective to brazen like Roman, but even the most apparently kind…well, alpha children who don’t compete for Eve’s dubious affections die, killed by their siblings or by others in the palace and beyond, so Castiel knows full well who he’s dealing with.
His biggest shock, though, is when, after only three dances, a bear of an alpha son named Benny asks Castiel to marry him.
Castiel requests the evening to think it over, but Benny - with a meaningful look towards Richard - suggests Castiel not delay too long. Subtle querying commences and Castiel learns that Benny is middle-of-the-road, not bottom of Eve’s favor but not top either. In their interactions he seems nice enough, and unobtrusive. Compared to the others Castiel has met…well, at least he likes Benny, and can tolerate his scent. With a wide range of shitty options…
…well, he’s better than Richard.
Castiel says yes.
They’re married that night, as are many other couples, settling before the formal courtship is concluded.
Dean escorts him to their marriage chamber, looking forlorn, and before the door tells him in hurried undertones that Benny is alright but Richard isn’t so easily deterred. It wouldnt be the first time Richard - whom Dean calls Dick - had a sibling killed to claim an omega he wanted, and that Castiel was now neck deep in local politics and would have to be careful. Benny is one of the good ones, and Castiel is his first and only spouse, but they’re in grave danger until Dick gets distracted by a new toy.
“I wish you were one of those I could wed,” Castiel blurts as they part ways.
“So do I,” Dean replies, his longing, forlorn expression impossible to misinterpret. But he turns and leaves.
Castiel loses his virginity to Benny that night.
And its alright. Benny is alright. Things will be alright, he supposes.
The next day, Castiel is neck deep in politics more complex than anything he’s ever imagined. And things are definitely not alright.
I don’t have it all thought through after that but…
- Dean, who continues assigned as Castiel’s personal guard, is head over heels for Castiel
- Castiel falls pretty hard for him as well
- but Castiel is also increasingly fond of his husband. Beneath an easy going attitude Benny is brilliant, tough, and at least attempts to do good in little ways. Castiel could have done much worse.
- Dick Roman is obsessed with Cas and wants him
- Dean, Castiel will learn, was once the most favored guard in the palace but he did…something (saved a baby that kind of thing) that pissed eve off which is why he’s now on babysitting duty. He is one of Eve’s children but is a beta so can’t participate in the competition for supremacy.
- Cas suspects Dean and Benny have “had a thing.” He also suspects that Benny solicited Castiels hand so quickly - which seemed out of character from the stolid, single alpha - because Dean suggested it. Though they’d barely met…Castiel doesn’t really get why.
- Roman realizes that Dean is a lot of why Benny keeps surviving Romans murder attempts so he plans an ambush for Dean while he and Cas are walking through the palace - he offers an alpha non-family member family status if he’ll kill Dean (a tall order, Deans the best warrior in the kingdom, and that’s saying something) and bring Castiel to Roman. Dean loses the fight, mostly because the asshole alpha keeps targeting Cas, recognizing that Cas is Deans weakness. Cas thinks Dean is dead and is dragged off to Romans quarters. (This is the end of my dream, when I woke up)
- Roman is nuts. Happily shares all his sadistic plans for Benny while promising Cas that Roman will be a kind, loving husband once Castiel concedes to be his. He’ll even spare Benny’ s life is Cas cooperates… extremely dubious consent smut happens.
- afterwards, while Roman sleeps off his debauchery, Cas escapes and returns to his and Benny’s quarters. There he’s surprised to find Benny arming for battle and a gravely injured Dean lying in their bed. Apparently, Dean dragged himself all the way across the palace to warn Benny what had happened but it took too long for Benny to try for an immediate rescue so instead he as gonna try stealth while everyone slept.
- Dean thinks Benny and Cas should flee immediately. They both refuse because if they leave Dean he’ll die. Cas suggests he could tolerate Roman until Dean heals enough to depart but Benny and Dean refuse to consider that a viable option. Ultimately they can only agree to stick together so they barricade the rooms and decide to linger even a could days so Dean can travel.
- next morning is a disaster and they have to leave immediately. Out the window. Dean nearly dies.
- long difficult journey fleeing with all the authorities of Purgatory after them and Dean unconscious.
- rescued by Sam, who has been leading a resistance against Eve’s reign.
- endgame is something like Cas killing Roman, Dean killing eve, and them all leaving Purgatory in chaos for nicer climes. And of course Dean/Cas/Benny. :)
…I love this idea and wish I had time to write all the things, sigh.
Hate to sound like I’m taking this whole ship “triumph” thing too seriously when I️ say this…. but if there is any ship based in Star Wars that is allowed to be smug and rightfully bitter towards their “anti’s” following the release of certain tlj media; it’s reylo hands down.
The amount of unadulterated shit that that group has had to deal with since tfa came out is unprecedented, and it’s only right now that those who made these past two years so unpleasant for the rest of the fans (as well as cast/directors/contributors) be held accountable for their unreasonable behavior and interactions with others.
I don’t have to pretend to have a horse, because it is a horse. Like the Fjord it’s an old breed (the Fjord is an ancestor actually), and they were horses before “tall” horses even were a thing. Their strong build and bone-structure are another reason why it’s fair to call them horses, for they can easily carry adults. Just like a Fjord horse. And there’s the simple naming factor: if I look in any horse encyclopedia I’ll find both the Fjord and the Icelandic with a ‘horse’ behind the name. Same with Wikipedia. Not pony. Horse. So excuse me if I call them by their breed name, Icelandic horse, and sorry that I and many others with me do consider them horses. There’s nothing about them that makes them lesser compared to taller breeds.
look im just saying i got up early this morning to go to dunkin donuts and i saw a giant truck labeled “Tate’s Bake Shop” and i swear to god the first thought that fired through my two brain cells was “Good Game Bakery Rylex Fluff AU”