- If Trump really cares about job creation, he might want to rethink his stance on those unsightly wind farms.
- Renewable energy is becoming a major engine for U.S. employment:
- In recent years, jobs in solar and wind energy are growing about 12 times faster than the rest of the U.S. economy, according to a new report from the Environmental Defense Fund.
- The report also found that these difficult-to-outsource jobs pay
about $5,000 more than the national median wage.
- The jobs are easy to train for, too: Trade groups, like nonprofit Solar Energy International, offer accreditations you can get in less than a week.
- For an administration that’s ostensibly about jobs, promoting the renewable energy sector seems like it would be a no-brainer.
- But Trump’s team has reportedly floated the idea of scrapping the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy within the Department of Energy. Read more