Okay, but seriously. You guys should all go read the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. It features:
- a non-white main female character, Kate Daniels
- multi-racial side characters
- magic users
- sharp shooters
- magical beings who are also sharp shooters and sword wielders
- tides where only magic works or only technology works
- gods and goddesses
- necromancers that use the vampires like avatars
- awesome characters
- lots of playful and witty banter
- tons and tons of recurring characters
Not to mention cool side characters like:
- Andrea - a were-hyena woman who just so happens to be the human military’s best sharpshooter
- Raphael - an intensely handsome Hispanic were-hyena with a love for knives and a veeeeery active sex life
- Dali - an Indonesian-American woman who turns into a white tiger and just so happens to be a vegetarian, so meat makes her sick. She also has a habit of driving at top speeds despite the fact that she’s legally blind.
- Barabas - a gay were-mongoose lawyer who is the coolest guy ever
- Dr. Doolittle - an old African-American medmage were-badger from Georgia who will give you hell for not taking care of yourself
- Naeemah - a were-crocodile assassin lady
- They’re all so cool. This list could contain just about all of the characters and I would still feel like I haven’t gushed enough.
Seriously. Go read it. If you are disappointed in it, I will be tremendously sad.