with all your desi reaction gifs, can you rec some really good bollywood movies? bonus if theyre on netflix (happy bday!!)
thank you darling!
okay so idk how many of these are on netflix (and i’m also totally mainstream when it comes to bollywood movies i know i suck my brother is the bollywood fanatic in the fam not me) but here’s a handful of my faves:
- kuch kuch hota hai- this is a classic tbh
- devdas- another classic (i mean, with madhuri and aishwaria? #goals)
- kabhi khushi kabhi gham- little nai was obsessed with this. OBSESSED
- bajirao mastani- deepika padukone with a sword. like idc about anything else just that
- chennai express- ridiculous but fun
- goliyon ki ras leela ram leela- like romeo and juliet! but better! (also more deepika!)(also it’s just super pretty)(also- as much as i despise nagada sang dhol after having it repeat 100+ times to choreograph it- it is amazing)(all the song as amazing tbh)(especially lahu munh lag gaya)(it wrecked me on a spiritual level)(i love that song)(and this movie)(fight me it’s one of my all time faves)
- ngl i just really love deepika so like almost everything she’s been in i loved so watch everything
- aashiqui 2- i made the mistake of watching this in school so i’m putting this on here purely because it made me cry
- dilwale- shahrukh and kajol!!
- student of the year- again, ridiculous (but the soundtrack is 🔥) (als0 siddharth!)
- om shanti om- i just. you need to watch it to understand. it’s gr8
- chak de! india- i mean. i think all i need to say is that it mostly focuses on sexism so
- kapoor and sons- ~family drama~ (i feel like the 👀emoji when i watch it for some reason but again, it’s great)
there’s a lot more so if my fellow desi followers want to add to this pathetically short list, hmu!