Autistic Nico Di Angelo
(otherwise known as me projecting)
- Super sensitive to bright lights, likes to be in the dark.
- His jacket is weighted
- HATES being touched/hugged/anything like that.
- Does not make eye contact. Stares at your forehead.
- When he cant think of what to say he just like makes frustrated noises and flaps his hands.
- Flaps his hands a lot. He likes wearing oversized jackets and shirts because of how the sleeves flap around.
- He really loves to talk about mythomagic and infodump, but it takes a little bit of prompting and assuring him that you wanna hear for him to get there.
- Once he starts talking though he can go on for hours.
- Super super picky eater like he has 3 foods he will eat and food that touches other food like casseroles or even getting mixed up on his plate? no thanks.
- Likes to walk around on the balls of his feet.
- He gets overwhelmed at camp events a lot because everyone is talking so loud and there are so many conversations going on at once.
- He gets noise cancelling headphones to wear when its just too busy for him to be around, and it helps a lot.
- Really really hates any strong smells. Candles, strong food smells, anything like that is like….painful.
- Has meltdowns when he’s really overwhelmed (which happens pretty often when he first comes to camp bc its just so busy)
- H a t e s brushing his teeth like he cannot stand it
- Someone: “Nico how do you feel today?”
- He loves that jacket like its his favorite thing ever
- Dissociates when the overstimulation is at a really extreme level.
- His verbal-ness (i guess?) varies depending on the situation like sometimes he wont stop talking and other times he just cant talk at all.