∞ the humid summer: heat slipping sticky hands down the slope of your thighs// sweat collecting in your collarbones // ponytails and shirts pulled down over sunburns
∞ the tepid summer: clouds coming to gather over the lakeside// cabins and campfires// grass sliding slow through idle fingers
∞ the stormy summer: thunder threatening to crack the world in two// rain pelting the pavement, droplets lingering, sweet, on the overhang of your bottom lip// bathing suits soaked through and the air heavy with petrichor
∞ the sleepy summer: ladybugs drowsing in your hair// blanket forts and bedtime stories// the crackle of the bonfire leaking lazily through the trees
∞ the nostalgic summer: counting the constellation of scratches the season left you// polaroids strung like fairy lights across every corner of your room// sun-kissed cheeks that glow until December
∞ the stable summer: part-time jobs and parties that last until the sun peeks back up over the trees// fingers laced through yours; hands smoothing sunscreen over your shoulder blades// beach towels and Frisbees that arc like shooting stars over your head
∞ the aesthetic summer: white linens and lace// sundresses sweeping the curvature of your ankles// a sky freckled with stars
∞ the brazen summer: plunging necklines and nights that stretch til morning// kicking firecrackers across empty street corners// festivals that thrum through your body like a second heartbeat
∞ the springlike summer: daisy crowns looped over the crest of your forehead// the air heavy with the smell of hyacinths// the sun draping itself over you like a quilt
∞ the renewing summer: hair trims and catching trains// the tide sucking the sand out from beneath your toes// convertible rides and laughter that that gets whisked away by the wind
∞ the adventurous summer: broken rules and hopped fences// counting passports like money// adrenaline beating inside you like a third lung
∞ the spiritual summer: smoke rooms and music festivals// fingers lazily laced together// connecting the stars with Sharpie// pinky swears and promise rings
- wake up super early, make a warm drink, and drink it while u r watching the sun rise.
- take a super long bath with music, a bath bomb, candles, magazines, etc!!
- have a movie/tv day with ur fav snacks & treats!!
- go for a long walk and pick some flowers to dry, press, or give to some1 u love!!
- spend some time with animals!! if u have a pet, play with it, pet it, love it!! or, go to an animal shelter and play with all the animals there!!
- host a lil fundraiser for a cause u care about! it doesn’t have to be much, maybe just sell some treats and donate the money to a charity u want 2 support!!
- make some positive journal lists!! some suggestions: small things I love about myself, things that make me happy, kind things to do, etc!
- head to a local farmers’ market and buy urself some potted flowers or herbs! remember to water and care for them!!
- go for a rly long walk!! call it an adventure & explore ur hometown!
- write a letter to a loved one!! u can include little gifts like teabags, tiny candies, polaroids, etc!
- clean a desk or table, light an aromatic candle, and take some time to really think. what’s on ur mind truly, hiding just beneath ur consciousness? can u fix some of ur problems? what’s makin u happy rn?
- mix some natural scented extract w water in an old spray bottle! u can spray it around ur room or whatever! mint 4 balance, Lavender 4 relaxation, vanilla bc it smells sweet, etc!!
- make a playlist on ur phone, or burn it onto a cd! make it soothing & relaxing! u can give some copies 2 ur family members or pals!!
- put on some lipstick, stick out ur tongue in the mirror, take some cute selfies (if ur comfortable!) u r a beautiful work of art and u look just the way ur supposed to!
- don’t 4get to get a good nights sleep, drink lotsa water, and love urself!
- remember it’s okay to have lazy days. it’s ok to relax. it’s ok to pamper urself. you are still moving and growing and learning, u r a tiny little plant with so much to give and to receive and you are always worth it.