a good post is on its way my dudes and here u have it. the many reasons why ryan hawley should win his tv choice award:
1. his wide variety of impressions ranging from that of a police (which if u heard it on its own without visual evidence u would not realize it is, in fact, the character of robert sugden) to that of eric pollard and his breakfast banter 😌 the depth and accuracy provided to his impressions makes him an even better contender for this award
2. his micro expressions where his face goes from neutral to worried in a split second. if u look closely during a great deal of scenes where someone he loves is involved in something horrific, u can see the change in his face as his worry is so so evident. let’s take the moment where chas reveals to robert that aaron has received a 12 month prison sentence. you can identify the exact moment where his forehead creases upwards and his face turns into one of utter worry. to me, that is so astounding??? and his micro expressions are also so evident during the most recent scenes where u can see his scheming face soften in the presence of either vic or aaron as he feels guilty for lying to the two people who matter most to him.
3. his improvement especially in terms of emotional scenes: we all know ryan has always been so good with any sort of scene he’s been given throughout these 3 years, however during the past year or so, his performances have gained even more depth and emotion than before, which i didn’t even think was possible??? (considering how amazing his performances were even prior to this year!!) the emotions experienced by robert are so palpable and real and ryan’s portrayal is what provides them with this tangibility.
4. his (and danny’s) ability to turn a shitty storyline into something tremendous. it’s no surprise that danny and ryan’s acting ability extends so far and this is exhibited in the fact that they still manage to elicit some form of emotion from the viewers, despite the negative turn of the storyline and the lack of coherence & consistency present within diverse parts of the same storyline.
5. and last but not least, let us all remember how ryan replaced an actor (karl davies) who was highly praised for his portrayal of the infamous robert sugden, so he had some big shoes to fill. the pressure was definitely on and all eyes were on him and on how he would end up portraying such a well known and beloved character, so many years after his exit from emmerdale. and if anyone takes a look at him now, it’s evident how truly he portrays robert and how well he knows him. the fact that ryan is literally the polar opposite of robert contributes even further to why he deserves this award so much!!!
and these are just a few of the reasons why ryan hawley should win the tv choice award (this also applies to danny and john but the lanky giraffe deserved a lil post of his own since he needs to be hyped up a bit more!!!) and thank u for ur time xox
Y’know guys, Mark inspires me so much. His perseverance, his kindness, his positivity, his diligence, his leadership, his selflessness, his care, his heart, his attitude, his love, his strength–just him. I think of Mark and I just feel like I should be a better person because such a wonderful human being lives on this Earth. He’s been through so much and he’s worked so hard, yet he still has one of the brightest most beautiful smiles on his face everyday, and it’s honestly so admirable. I respect him so much, and this has probably been said so much by so many people because there’s so much to admire about him, and I’ll add myself to that group of people.
Mark Lee deserves the world and everything more, and as much as a fan can, I love him with all of my heart <3