Things to Think About
Name one Layton villain who
- doesn’t have a relatable motive.
- doesn’t have a tragic backstory.
- doesn’t get redeemed or otherwise repent.
THE GUY WHO KILLED ~10 PEOPLE, INCLUDING HIS OWN COLLEAGUE AND SEVERAL INNOCENT BYSTANDERS, JUST TO MAKE HIMSELF GET A LOT OF MONEY, THEN DENIED ANY INVOLVEMENT, TOOK THE BLOOD MONEY, AND USED THEIR DEATHS TO CLIMB THE POLITICAL LADDER, THEN SENT THUGS TO HOSPITALIZE THE NICEST PERSON WHO EVER LIVED ON EARTH, THEN HAD CLIVE ARRESTED AND GAVE THE MOST HYPOCRITICAL SPEECH EVER ABOUT HOW HE’S SICKENED BY CRIMINALS AND IN THE END NEVER FACED ANY OF THE CONSEQUENCES FOR HIS CRIMES.
YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD’VE BEEN A PREFERABLE ENDING TO HIS STORY?
- Legal Luke crushing him in Future London
- Dimitri actually putting him in a time machine that would blow up, killing him like it did Claire
- Layton leaving him in the Mobile Fortress
- Someone pushing him out of the Laytonmobile
- Inspector Chelmey arresting him
- Someone, anyone making sure the word got out about what he did so he loses his position and all his money and has the entire world turned against him so that he can’t go anywhere without people mocking him nonstop
- ANYTHING BUT HIM NOT FACING ANY OF THE CONSEQUENCES FOR HIS CRIMES