☼ safe cookie recipe ☼
some easy, vegan/lactose free cookies for littles to make with their caregivers or for anyone really! since they’re free of eggs, littles who like eating raw dough while mommy or daddy aren’t looking don’t have to worry about getting sick & the frosting even combines one of their favorite things: juice! you can also freeze a few batches in air tight bags - when your little is good, surprise them with a one of a kind cookie they helped make weeks ago!
- 2 c. flour (add extra flour at end if dough is sticky)
- 1½ c. powdered sugar or 2 c. white sugar for a harder cookie
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- ⅓ c. soft coconut oil or ¼ c. canola oil
- ½ c. coconut or almond milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla (omit if using sweetened vanilla almond milk)
heat oven to 350° then line baking sheets with foil or shortening. mix wet ingredients into one bowl, dry in the other then slowly add dry ingredients to wet while mixing. shape dough into round balls then place on baking sheet. bake for 8 minutes. do not let the cookies get golden unless you’re using white sugar, you want them to be fluffy. cool on rack once done.
- 2½ c. powdered sugar
- 2 tbs soft coconut oil or vegan butter
- any pure fruit juice for color & flavor or 1 ½ tsp vanilla (optional)
- coconut or almond milk for thinning (omit if using watery juice)
beat base ingredients until creamy then add milk for thinner frosting if desired. spread on completely cooled cookies then decorate with sprinkles or candies! get creative, decorating is the best part!
☼ if you’re afraid baby can’t help out much, place them on the floor with a bowl of toy blocks & a mixing spoon then watch them mimic what you’re doing, it’s so cute! honestly, there are so many ways you can make cookies special so put your heart into it, have fun, & enjoy the bonding time with your little one!