Sending you a character: Madara! (really did you expect anything else lol)
Is there truly anyone other than Madara? (to Madara, the answer is, of course, NO).
- First impression
- The first attractive Uchiha. Too bad he’s batshit crazy. Voted ‘Most Likely to be an Actual Bag of Salt in a Trench Coat’ 15 years in a row, by Obito and the Zetzu Gang. But damn if that wasn’t the most badass character introduction I’ve ever seen. Let’s pause the episode and look up some fanfiction (I literally did this ahaha)
- Impression now
- The second most attractive Uchiha (Shisui beat you there, because he’s not crazy and I love his personality). He actually is batshit crazy (who would willingly live in a cave connected to a tree? Only you Madara, only you). Probably obsessed with his hair. Very fun to tease (in fact, he’s my favourite character to poke fun at. Sibi likes to torture Madara a
- Favorite moment
- LOOK AT HOW EXCITED HE WAS AND THEN HOW DISAPPOINTED!!! Pouting Madara is my favourite Madara. Have I mentioned recently that I love teasing him? That is the essence of how I write him XD
- Idea for a story
- So many! I actually have a MadaSakuKaka story that is veeeery roughly started. The premise is this: Kakashi and Sakura are celebrating their engagement, when the doors to the restaurant open, and both start panicking. Why? Because their ex just walked in the door. That ex? Madara, of course. Both Kakashi and Sakura start kind of panicking, because it was a bad breakup, and neither knows the other dated him. Things get interesting from there, if you know what I mean (insert all the winking faces—no, insert Jiraiya’s
pervy, sorrysuper pervy grin).
- Unpopular opinion
- Hashirama was a bad friend. He didn’t fight enough on Madara’s behalf, and didn’t support Madara half as much as a man grieving over losing the last member of his family needed. Instead of standing up for Madara when people were discriminating against him because they found him intimidating, Hashirama is shown (again and again) just doing what everyone else (the village, the daimyou, Tobirama) wants him to do. If Hashirama made more of an effort to be an actual friend instead of treating Madara as a means to an end (ie to form the village) then Madara would have been happy and not gone off the deep end. Hashirama was right that Madara needed something/someone new to love after Izuna’s death, but at the first sign of resistance to his ideas, Hashirama would always give in. And Madara is the type of person who doesn’t think he should have to convince others to care for him. It’s either you do or you don’t (and if you do, then it’s completely). Hashirama showed that he didn’t really care for Madara as Madara, he cared for him as the Uchiha Clan Head. And once Madara had relinquished that position (or been kicked out of his clan) then Hashirama didn’t really see any value in him. Hashirama wanted Madara around for selfish reasons.
- Favorite relationship
- I really respect Madara’s relationship with Izuna. We don’t see a lot of them together, but I really like the Uchiha Version™ of love (even if it makes them go a little crazy). It’s the type of Ride or Die love that Hashirama couldn’t give Madara, and maybe because of that, all other forms of love are seen as lacking—pale imitations—to an Uchiha who loves so completely. Could any type of love ever measure up to that level of devotion? I don’t think most people give that much of themselves to others, and maybe that’s why Hashirama couldn’t fill the gap Izuna left in him. I totally understand why the Uchiha go crazy when their loved ones are gone. If I had to chose a fictional brother, you can bet your ass it would be Madara. He’s far from perfect, and he’d probably be overprotective and snappy because of it, but he’d have your back no matter what. And I’ve found, in my own life, that those types of people are indispensable. There is nothing more reassuring, more confidence boosting, than knowing that no matter what you do, you will be unconditionally loved. When you have that type of love, you feel like you could conquer the world.
- Favorite headcanon
- This is actually something that I think @thetoxicstrawberry or @kunoichi-ume brought up, I can’t remember. But I like the idea that, when she was alive, Madara’s mother used to brush his hair for him at night, making sure it was always tame and tangle free. (I think that) when she died, he cut it off in his grief, and then automatically regretted it. He has never cut his hair since, although he doesn’t give it the care his mother used to, which is why it’s so wild.
Here is the ask meme! Send me a character, OC or canon, or even a pairing. Coming up next is Kakashi then Shino, Tenzou, Gai, and Genma, Hidan, and Adult!Obito but I’d be stoked to answer this for anyone else!