my mind: hello! my name is elder price, and i would like to share with you the most amazing book! hello! my name is alexander hamilton. my name is alexander hamilton. and wELCOME TO MY CANDY STORE ITS MY CANDY STORE ITS MY CANDY, ITS MY CANDY STORE– cause im tap tap tapping on the glass. im JUST MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM , MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM AT A PART Y , they say times are hard for dreamers but they are not haRD FoR ME -
things that wouldn't have been that hard to add to the movies
- “you can have me, keep me!” it’s just an extra line for Rupert, like just have him say it
- would have required like actors and props and such, but I would pay money to see Ginny’s singing valentine depicted in CoS, it would have only been like an extra five minutes of movie
- “you asked us a question and she knows the answer! why ask if you don’t want to be told?” and that way we could have seen that Ron is the type of kid who defends his friends (and doesn’t side with bullies!) and it would have only taken like 3 seconds
- wouldn’t it have been so much easier to have Voldemort just thud to the ground like he did in the book instead of dying of extreme dandruff to show that even after everything he was really just a man like everyone else?
- “she’s like my sister. I love her like a sister…” seriously just film Dan and Rupert talking in the forest it takes two extra minutes geeeez
- (yeah most of these are about Ron)
- like they could have had Rupert standing there with his besties at the end of HBP instead of sitting in the background like a chump
- I’m positive it’s less expensive to just not set the Burrow on fire at all
- “good luck Ron!” *smooch* oh wait, there was no Quidditch in that movie nvm
- couldn’t they have had James Potter say “until the very end” when they’re all in the forest? he says “until the end” and I just don’t understand IT’S ONE WORD
- at the end of GoF maybe Dumbledore, in giving his speech about Cedric, didn’t have to sit in his fancy chair like he was bored and inconvenienced by making said speech
- two seconds of Ron and Hermione dancing at the wedding. just put Rupert and Emma in one of those awkward teenagers-slow-dancing poses and film two seconds of it and so many people would be so happy
- toss a pair of glasses on Arthur Weasley for heavens sake
I’m not asking for much here honestly but this would have made such a difference to me
I’ve been thinking a lot about the meeting between Trump and Obama at the White House, and here’s the thing.
Obama used to be a law professor. This is key.
Law school is so, so different from college.
In college, everyone expects there to be a “syllabus day,” kind of a grace period where they can show up and get the lay of the land, figure out the bare minimum that they can get away with, the TA gives everyone their office hours, there’s an introductory lecture, and everybody leaves a few minutes early to go take a nap or something. You do the bullshit assignments, you say something in class now and then to get your participation check mark, and figure out how badly you can do on the final and still pass.
But see, in law school, all the methodologies you’ve spent the last 17 years operating under go out the window. Day one of law school is you being thrown into the deep end of the pool—you’ve had a homework assignment for two weeks now, and it’s to read the first 200 pages of your casebook. And now it’s you and the teacher (who is usually as smug as Alex Trebek) gauging and assessing what you managed to absorb while you skimmed through all those pages of reading so you could hurry up and get to the other 150 pages of reading for your next period class, in front of 50 people who are all smarter than you. And if you fuck up, or you didn’t do the reading, you are at the mercies of not just the professor, but the silent satisfied judgment of your peers.
Law school is hard, and it will make you feel stupid and tongue-tied and like you don’t know anything and can’t form an argument—because you don’t, and you can’t. Everybody there has had a 4.0 since birth. Everybody there was the smartest kid in their class, and you’re all rabidly competing for a sliver of a chance at something down the road. It’s petty, and savage, fiercely entrenched in a culture of formalities and ceremony, and exactly like Washington DC.
Yesterday when I was driving home, the NPR reporter talking about the Oval Office meeting mentioned that Trump had thought it was going to be a “getting to know you” type meeting, but that he was surprised when Obama stretched their talk out to 90 minutes before sending him along to the Capitol building where he met with congressional leaders for more lengthy meetings and stuff he didn’t want to do.
And he hasn’t even gotten to the actual job yet.
So think about that as we go into this.
Trump walked into the Oval Office like a two-pump-chump freshman thinking it was syllabus day, and what he got was the first day of law school, and he hadn’t done the reading like everyone else had, and Professor Obama decided to put him in the hot seat.
This was Obama’s chance for the most perfect revenge that would never be picked up on as revenge at all. He was gracious, polite—everything he needed to be for a peaceful transition and a good review from the press. And that would continue when the doors were closed, because that’s the key. Not a Come to Jesus meeting, oh no. If Obama were smart—and he is very smart—he would have treated Trump like an equal, and brought the discussion to a level that assumes far more of Trump than anyone has so far. Assumes that he’s an adult who’s been paying attention. Statistics, esoteric minutiae about the executive branch procedure, economic growth numbers, labor figures, domestic policies, countries Trump has never even heard of, shit that would never in a million years have been in Trump’s campaign soundbites or digestible summaries.
No way to escape. No aides to remember any of it for him. Just the two of them.
Because that’s what would strike a precise chill into Trump. The thundering realization that he’s woefully unprepared for the hard, boring, thankless reality of this, and Obama’s version of a smooth transition won’t and shouldn’t include remedial civics.
That’s what I saw when they shook hands and Trump stared at the floor instead of looking back into Obama’s face. He’s just figured out how little he knows about any of this.
And that should give you a small glow of satisfaction, because after those meetings, Trump definitely has the 1L Terror Shits. In January, the night sweats and insomnia will show up, but for these first few weeks—nothing but diarrhea and self-doubt.
musical theatre meme → [2/5] group songs → what the heck i gotta do?
She was a light-skinneded Puerto Rican-Dominican, long hair, mature in the body like whoa! That’s not the only reason I liked her though.
Summary: On the stage of 21 Chump Street, the reader is playing Naomi Rodriguez opposite a very talented Anthony Ramos. He seems to have feelings for her, but she fears that this is only acting.
Warnings: Two or so curse words, but nothing other than that!
Word Count: 1,433 (I cut down! Yay!)
A/N: Two fics in two days. I feel like I should apologize for being so over-excited! This burst of inspiration, combined with an added adoration for Anthony Ramos meant I couldn’t stop myself from writing this one. I hope you enjoy it! It’s got the same slight angst feel to it but I’m a sucker for a fluffy ending. Let me just add @alexanderhamllton because the poor girl has only gone and cursed herself for asking to be tagged in my pieces! Enjoy, and send in requests and prompts! I love those.
The problem is, the moment
you met Anthony Ramos was the day your feet slipped from right under you. So
this is what it meant to be swept off your feet. You hadn’t been hoping for
much when you signed up to audition for 21 Chump Street, you really hadn’t.
With such a strong, talented rising star writing the piece, Lin-Manuel Miranda
had been (in your mind) taking a huge chance casting some new girl as Naomi
Rodriguez. And yet, here you were, two days before the premiere at rehearsals
and you couldn’t take your eyes off the curly-haired boy in front of you. You
had gotten close, during the process of the musical, and you were happy to know
such a sweet boy, but damn it, were you whipped, and fast.
u guys…. reputation EXISTS it’s just out there in the world all the tracks are finished and i am sitting here like some CHUMP not listening to it. taylor’s all like ‘yeah this completed album is in the same universe as u but ur gonna have to wait for two months sweetie’ and FRANKLY i feel like i do not personally deserve this. what if i cried super hard do u guys think that would that change anything