1. Delegate Tasks: It is common for all of us to take more tasks than our desired potential. This can often result in stress and burnout. Delegation is not running away from your responsibilities but is an important function of management. Learn the art of delegating work to your subordinates as per their skills and abilities.
2. Prioritize Work: Before the start of the day, make a list of tasks that need your immediate attention as unimportant tasks can consume much of your precious time. Some tasks need to be completed on that day only while other unimportant tasks could be carried forward to next day. In short, prioritize your tasks to focus on those that are more important.
3. Avoid Procrastination: Procrastination is one of the things that badly affect the productivity. It can result is wasting essential time and energy. It should be avoided at all costs. It could be a major problem in both your career and your personal life.
4. Schedule Tasks: Carry a planner or notebook with you and list all the tasks that come to your mind. Make a simple ‘To Do’ list before the start of the day, prioritize the tasks, and make sure that they are attainable. To better manage your time management skills, you may think of making 3 lists: work, home, and personal.
5. Avoid Stress: Stress often occurs when we accept more work than our ability. The result is that our body starts feeling tired which can affect our productivity. Instead, delegate tasks to your juniors and make sure to leave some time for relaxation.
6. Set up Deadlines: When you have a task at hand, set a realistic deadline and stick to it. Try to set a deadline few days before the task so that you can complete all those tasks that may get in the way. Challenge yourself and meet the deadline. Reward yourself for meeting a difficult challenge.
7. Avoid Multitasking: Most of us feel that multitasking is an efficient way of getting things done but the truth is that we do better when we focus and concentrate on one thing. Multitasking hampers productivity and should be avoided to improve time management skills.
8. Start Early: Most of the successful men and women have one thing in common. They start their day early as it gives them time to sit, think, and plan their day. When you get up early, you are more calm, creative, and clear-headed. As the day progresses, your energy levels start going down which affects your productivity and you don’t perform as well.
9. Take Some Breaks: Whenever you find yourself for 10-15 minutes, take a break. Too much stress can take the toll on your body and affect your productivity. Take a walk, listen to some music or do some quick stretches. The best idea is to take off from work and spend time with your friends and family.
10. Learn to say No: Politely refuse to accept additional tasks if you think that you’re already overloaded with work. Take a look at your ‘To Do’ list before agreeing to take on extra work.
here are some tips and suggestions on how to begin the new year on a good start. i’m sure there are lot more you can do, but these are a few that can inspire you to do more. let’s make 2018 the best year yet. let me know what you’re doing too!
digital purification. let’s start the new year with a clean digital life. delete old pictures, contacts, apps, etc. go through your emails. unfollow people. delete digitally things and people that don’t have a place in your 2018.
clean your room/house. there’s nothing better than a clean and organized house. designate time to clean every to make sure the cleanliness and organization stays the way it is. having a solid structure and organized feelings will allow you to focus more.
reflect. 2017 was a long year so take sometime to look back on the good and the bad and everything that has gotten you to where you are. it’s important to recognize what you accomplished.
end toxic relationships (if possible). let’s be real, ending a relationship no matter if it’s a friendship or what is difficult. if you are able to get rid of that toxicity from your life, do it. you don’t need negativity and hate entering your 2018. you deserve love and unconditional happiness!
goals. right your goals for the year if you haven’t done so yet. there are many approaches you can do this for this, but make sure your goals are achievable and realistic. you can do day by day, month by month, or the year as a whole. whatever style will help you conquer 2018 and make you feel accomplished!
plan. i recommend getting a planner, calendar, notebook, or whatever will allow to stay on track for the new year. stay organized and plan events. it’s really easy to fall be hind when you don’t have your life planned out. you can even do this digitally! you can also plan your budget and financials.