Bras last longer if you let them air dry. Don’t put them in the dryer.
If you have a problem with frizzy hair, don’t dry your hair with a towel. It makes the frizzies worse. (I recently read an article that said to use a t-shirt? I brush mine out and let it air dry.)
Whites wash best in hot water. Everything else can be in cold - save on your electricity bill.
You can kill 99.9% of germs in a sponge by putting it in the dishwasher for a cycle or by microwaving it for 2 min (be sure to make the sponge damp before microwaving and to put a cup half full of water in with it and please DO NOT squeeze the sponge until it has cooled off)
Airing out your room/house and letting sunlight in every so often can decrease the number of household pests like silverfish and ants.
Black underwear is best during your period as stains are less likely to be visible.
To save money, put aside 10% of each paycheck into a savings account. It’ll add up.
Unless your hair has something on/in it (like grease or mud or something), using conditioner first can actually be the better choice. The conditioner holds in the good oils that help you hair look sleek and beautiful, which shampoo would otherwise wash away.
Speaking of shampoo - if you have long hair, washing just the bits that touch your scalp is generally enough. The rest of your hair gets cleaned with just the run off from your scalp.
If you put a tampon in and it’s uncomfortable/you can feel it, you didn’t do it quite right. A properly placed tampon is virtually unnoticeable by the wearer.
Apply deodorant/antiperspirant a couple hours in advanced of when you need it. This gives the product the chance to block your sweat glands. Using deodorant just before going somewhere where you’ll sweat (this means walking outside for people in high humidity places) results in your sweat washing the deodorant off and starkly limiting its usefulness.
After running the dryer, use the dryer sheet from that load to brush out the lint catch - it gets everything off in a fraction of the time it’ll take you to get it clean with your bare hands. Paper towels also work well.
Wash your face everyday, or as often as possible. Forget which brand of cleanser is best. Just washing your face everyday will guarantee you clearer skin. And do you best not to pop pimples, as tempting as the urge may be.
Fold laundry asap after taking it from the dryer to avoid wrinkles. This may seem obvious for dress shirts and silly for things like t-shirts, but you’ll notice the difference even then once your shirts stop looking like unfolded paper balls.
1. Never leave cookies in the oven too long. Even if they’re still really soft, take them out after the recommended time. When they cool they will harden. Trust me, no one likes cookies that taste like rocks.
2. Always take a jacket. Even if you think you’ll be fine. Even if you’ll be inside. Even if there’s a heater. Bring your jacket.
3. Don’t be afraid to reach out and ask for help when you need it because everyone needs help sometimes.
4. The best pancake recipe is 1 cup equal parts flour and milk, ½ cup sugar and a pinch of baking powder. Add chocolate chips for extra deliciousness.
5. Go outside every day. Even if you don’t want to. Even if you have to use all your strength to drag yourself out of bed. The sunshine might not cure your problems, but it’ll do you so much good to breathe fresh air.
6. Don’t let your hobbies fade away. Keep reading, keep drawing, keep singing, keep painting, keep running. Keep doing what you love.
7. Carbs are not the enemy. They fuel your brain. So eat those potatoes and that rice and don’t you feel guilty about it for one second.
8. I know it sounds cliché but time really does heal all wounds. Give yourself 6 months and it won’t hurt so much, trust me.
9. Be kind. There is no reason for you to put someone down.
10. Learn to love yourself loudly and unconditionally and never apologise for it.
11. If you ever find yourself involved with someone who treats you like you’re nothing, run for the hills and never look back. They don’t deserve you.
12. Rose hip oil is a miracle worker. Gently rub over your face each night before bed and your skin will feel like silk.
13. Drink. Three. Litres. Of. Water. Every. Day.
14. Take pictures. Document everything. One day you’re gonna want to look back at all of this, make sure you have the photos to look at.
15. Let go of anything that weighs you down. The past is the past and there’s nothing we can do to change it. Every day is a another chance for us to do better, to be better.
16. Spend as much time as you can with the people who make you laugh.
17. Set up goals for yourself and keep yourself motivated in whatever you’re doing. Always have something to work towards.
18. Try to make your bed every morning. Yes it’s a hassle when you’re half asleep but there is no better feeling then coming home to a nice clean freshly made bed, especially if you’ve had a bad day.
19. Treat yourself but also look after yourself. Eat lots of fruits and veggies and move your body then dance all night and have a doughnut as a midnight snack. Life is about balance.
20. Never be afraid to love, even if you’ve been hurt before. Live life with an open heart and you might be vulnerable but you will experience so much joy.
Hi beautiful ladies, I’m here with more tips from my experiences and to help u with day to day hoeing and health n beauty tips 💜 enjoy ur day
✨- every hoe who drives should have a car ‘kit’ in the glove compartment or somewhere to store:
-backup contraception and condoms (sexual health is 🔑)
-both spare sexy panties and chill panties
-chill clothes than can double as pj’s (tracksuits, leggings, vest etcetera)
✨- use shimmer body lotion to make ur skin n limbs look radiant n a lil sexier than they already do (beautiful hoes come in all shapes n sizes💜) even a cheap one like dove or VS does the trick n ur skin feels soft to touch too
✨- don’t forget to castor oil ur eyebrows every night
✨- be a confident hoe.. Smile more n sit with good posture n u will appear more confident n approachable
✨- warm n wet camomile tea bags help get rid of eye infections n eye bags really well and it works amazingly for tired puffy eyes too lay down for a while and place them on ur closed eyes
✨- WATER n green tea, drink them both (skip the tea if ur caffeine sensitive)
✨- if u self tan like me, get you some exfoliating gloves. Actually everyone get them, they revolutionised my skincare routine n now I don’t need to buy or make body scrubs unless I wanna treat myself on the odd occasion
✨- always wear spf on ur face and under ur makeup even when it’s cloudy
✨- always wash ur face in cool or lukewarm water n avoid doing it in the hot shower as the heat n pressure can upset the skin
✨- as tempting as it is to make it smell like ur shower product for when ur getting head, don’t clean ur coochie with ur shower gel it can upset the pH n cause infections such as thrush and BV as well as parched skin
✨- spray ur pressure points (behind ears, insides of elbows n knees, inner thighs, décolletage, wrists) n ur perfume will linger all day
✨- exfoliate ur lips too! Make ur own white sugar scrub (or buy from LUSH) or use a wet flannel or an old toothbrush n rub very gently
Law of Attraction isn’t a potion or magic, it’s a way of life. You are using LOA all day every day whether you realize it or not. It’s as constant as oxygen or gravity.
Understand that LOA is a mirror that mirrors back to us what we feel and believe, NOT what we want or are asking for.
So if you are asking for a better relationship, more money, a great job, a new car or whatever - LOA will deliver to you what you BELIEVE about those things every time.
It difficult to think about what we want without also thinking about the fact that we don’t have it which keeps us from manifesting it in our lives, so often we can manifest what we want by not thinking about it at all. How? By choosing to be happy - ridiculously happy.
Below are my tips to manifest whatever it is you’re wanting to experience in your life.
Meditate - DAILY
Spend 15 minutes twice a day sitting quietly, undisturbed and feeling grateful for how awesome your life is.
Daily meditation is not an option.
Refuse to think thoughts that make you feel crappy. Do this by creating 2-3 ‘Go To Thoughts’
Go to thoughts are thoughts that make you happy every time you think about them.
This is easier to do when you’re a good mood. It’s damn near impossible to think of a good thought when you’re pissed off or depressed, so come up with 2-3 go to thoughts when you’re already in a good mood so you can use them later when you need them.
When you catch yourself having a crappy thought, swap it out immediately for a happy go-to thought.
Refuse to hang out with people that make you feel crappy.
Remember that opposing energies cannot occupy the same space so if you’re around someone that makes you feel crappy, know that one of 3 things will happen every single time.
Your energy will lower - making you a match to them
Their energy will raise - making them a match to you
One of you will leave the area - win/win
LOA doesn’t make mistakes, if crappy people are consistently in your life, it’s because you’re a vibrational match to them.
Know that how you feel is a DIRECT correlation to what you’re thinking about. Every time.
You’re not upset or worried about what is going on in front of your eyes right this minute, you’re worried and upset about thoughts going on between your ears.
Crappy thoughts = Crappy life
Happy thoughts = Happy life
KNOW that what you want is a done deal.
Knowing is different than hoping or wishing. Hoping and wishing means you’re waiting to see it before you believe it.
Knowing is believing it before you see it.
Knowing what you want is a done deal is KEY to manifesting it!
• to make nails grow faster, mix ¼ cup of organic coconut oil, ¼ cup of raw organic honey, and 4 drops of rosemary essential oil. warm it up in the microwave for 15 seconds or less, soak your nails in it for 15 minutes. do this 1-2 times a week because it’s a form of nail exfoliation 💅
• steer clear of acetone-based nail polish! they will scrap your nails and leave them thinner. 👎 gel nail polish is safer and stays on for longer. 👏
• take your supplements if you seriously need them !!! invest in some biotins, omega 3 and omega 6 oils when they’re necessary to improve your health. if not, YOU ARE FINE. you’ll find what you need in your food👌 btw, if you’re black, we especially need vitamin d and sunlight! get that money and TREAT.YO.SELF.
• every once in a while, you get broke hoe problems and we can’t make sugar scrubs without the right ingredients. 😥 but, you got a few bananas left? got some cocoa butter and shea butter, some apricot kernel oil, a little brown sugar too?? MIX THAT SHIT TOGETHER AND PUT IT IN A BLENDER. when it’s completely smooth, pour into a mason jar and add in the brown sugar 👍👍👍 your legs will feel silky smooth and refreshed after the exfoliation, trust.
• drink. your. green. tea!!!! 🍵 i cannot stress this enough! it cleanses bad toxins out of your body, eliminates unneeded bacteria, promotes faster metabolism, and can also promote growth for hair. get at least 1 cup in when you have the time 💧
• change your scarves and pillowcases out if they are cotton. cotton makes the hair brittle and dry and recycles bacteria and dirt into the pores of your face. ❌ using soft fabric like silk and satin will be more gentle on your hair. also, wash your pillowcase every week! avoid all the bad stuff and wallow in the clear. 🌟🌟🌟
• get your protein treatments, ASAP. it cleanses your hair while deep conditioning it and clarifying it of product build-up and leaves your tresses soft and smooth. whip up an egg and 3 tbsps raw plain yogurt mix and massage it into your hair. wash out the egg with cold water after, if not , it will fry inside your hair under heat or with hot water! leave it in for 20 minutes under a heat source, rinse, and then continue on with your shampoo routine ✨✨👸💆
• (FOR NONBINARY PEOPLE, BIOLOGICAL WOMEN, PEOPLE WHO STICK TO THEIR ASSIGNED GENDER) not as busty in the bra size or big in the ass area?? don’t worry. v-necks, crop tees, high waisted shorts/jeans, halter tops, and leggings are great alternatives to emphasizing your body. do your squats!! do your leg exercises!! do your push-ups for those bigger boobs!! never stop pushing yourself to better your body 💪👊☝if you are biologically male, nonbinary, or stick to your assigned gender, maca root supplements help speed up metabolism and balances out the hormones, which would help it have a growth spurt, if wanted 💕
• ginger tea is great if you are hungover and it cures nausea 💝💞
• avoid. putting. coconut oil. in. your. vagina (if you have one) !!!! it is antibacterial and antifungal and does wonders for skin, hair, and nails, but steer clear of physically inserting it inside of you. it’s a recipe for a yeast infection, or better yet, if you do it before getting busy in the bedroom, unwanted pregnancy! because it EATS HOLES IN LATEX CONDOMS!!! 👎✊
• do your eyebrows/eyelashes a favor and put extra virgin olive oil and castor oil combined on them. rub it in gently and don’t regret one second!! do it daily for a couple weeks, and you WILL get thicker eyebrows/longer eyelashes. 💋👂
• looking for a makeup remover, but they just don’t work out? mix 2 tbsps alcohol-free rose witch hazel (diluted with water to numb its astringent effect *for sensitive skin ppl out there*) 2 tbsps jojoba oil, and of course, 2 tbsps filtered water. add them all together and pour it into a dispenser and shake it well before using. wipe it on your eyelids with unscented towelettes and walah!! 💁🙌
to get at stray makeup, dip a cotton q-tip into the mixture and be careful and gentle.
• you see this everywhere, but pee after sex!!! please!!!! avoid a uti and infection by doing so. even then, it won’t prevent you entirely from STDs. get tested, get your partner tested! 😘😉
• red raspberry leaf tea helps with heavy and irregular bleeding during your period (if you’re a biological female), and the fragrarine helps tone and tighten the pelvic muscles, which reduces cramps! 🍓🍓🍓🍓 drink it regularly before your period to see results!
• black tea is a natural lip toner! spray onto your lips or rub it in and get them plump, soft, and refreshed! 🍷
• love yourself! 💞💕 pamper your needs and chill at an expensive spa, get a bullet journal, drink your water. drown yourself in well-deserved luxury! me-time is the best time. 😊
Don’t just read, actively study: I screwed up the first half of college. Used the textbook as a script to memorize rather than a reference. Spent HOURS studying each day. Then, halfway through jr. year I was paired up with a really chill dude in O-chem lab. Turns out he was like 3.9 gpa. I had to ask his secret. Came down to this: Go to every lecture and PAY ATTENTION. A lot of profs will give clues as to what they feel is a point of emphasis. Great profs will actually summarize for you the main points of their lecture. Take notes of these important points. When you go over your notes shortly after class, make sure you understand these important concepts. Go to office hours, TA’s, and consult your textbook for clarification. Get copies of old tests made by that prof. Again, this gives you an idea of what they feel is important. KEY TECHNIQUE: ‘Actively study’ by generating your OWN test questions then come up with answers to them. A study group helps with this as they can tell you if you’ve made an error in your question(s). If done correctly, you’ll actually teach yourself the subject as you find out nuances in question generation that you didn’t catch before.