Your body is capable of almost anything if you treat it the way it deserves to be treated. You can climb mountains, run for miles and bend in ways that make people cringe, with the nourishment and love that you should always be striving to give it. Try loving your body, treat it as if it is a old friend, as if you want it to function into old age, and see what your body gives you back.
You are a product of your own design, you are capable of everything you tell yourself. You are a product of your imagination, your handwork, you determination. You will only ever be what you allow yourself to be. Limits are only as high as you set them and goals are only as in reach as you allow them to be, if you cannot accept the fact that your life is down to you, and only you, you will not achieve greatness.
1. Be kind to yourself - our words create our worlds. Use words that empower you rather than those that limit you. Instead of saying “I’m suffering” you can say “I’m in the process of healing”.
2. Treat yourself - you deserve it. Take yourself out on dates and spoil yourself with your favourite foods, movies & whatever else you love to do. This strengthens the relationship you have with yourself & invites more love into your life.
3. Spend time with those you love - surround yourself with positive energy. It’s pretty difficult to show yourself love when you’re surrounded by negativity. Spend time with those who make you forget to check your phone.
4. Be present with yourself - listen to your self-talk. Pay attention to the thoughts that run through your mind and observe the effect they have on your emotions.
5. Exercise - move into the body. Neglecting the body will result in poor physical & mental health over time - move into it to release energy that has been suppressed.
6. Healthy food - nourish your body & mind. The foods we eat will determine how we feel, both physically & mentally, choose the foods that will make you feel good.
7. Creativity - express yourself. Creativity is expression of the soul and can release built up energy that has been repressed inside of us - this is extremely important for self-care.
8. Nature - reconnect with yourself. When in nature observe how the animals & plants behave and see yourself reflected in them. The flowers are patient when waiting to bloom & the animals are totally present in the now.
9. Sleep - recharge your batteries. The most important aspect of self-care is knowing when you need to rest, sleep is vital for recovery of the body and our mind. You cannot feel well if you’re sleep deprived.
10. Mindfulness - be in the now. Looking after yourself means not missing out on life - when we spend any time outside of the present moment we waste our lives. Catch yourself when you project into the past or future and ground yourself in the now using your senses.