I am thankful for stealing post ideas from Paul
Things for which I am thankful:
- My awesomely geeky parents. They are my favorite people.
- My little bro, who is slowly embracing his genetic predisposition to geekiness.
- The three best friends of all time: Kaitlin, Caroline, and Madeline. Their families. The men who understand their greatness and love them as much as I do.
- My boys.
- My UGA Housing family. My new friends at school.
- My internet friends. They are real people I swear! They keep me sane and entertained living by myself in the ‘ville.
- Books, books, and more books.
- Finishing grad school and getting my dream job. (!)
- The First Amendment.
- RPM (Manday is forever!).
- Terrapin Rye.
- Sweaters (especially v-neck and cardigan). Scarves of all varieties.
- The high school students I get to work with every day. Their maturity/immaturity, humor, insight, and energy make it an absolute joy to head to the Media Center at 6:45 am.
- The concerts that keep me from feeling like too much of a grown up.
- Television show recaps (especially from Vulture).
- Netflix, which makes living in a town without the Vision Video (and in an apartment without cable) tolerable.
- The arsenal of hair care products keeping my curls in check.
- Ankle length pants.
- Soy and tofu dairy-like foodstuffs.
- My electric toothbrush (seriously, I was brushing off the enamel before).
- Online bank accounts and the truths they reveal.
Things I could do without:
- Laptop carts and copy machines.
- Christmas music on any day but Christmas.
- People with no understanding of personal space.
- My impatience. (Waiting is)
- My filthy mouth (it’s only a problem at work, but sometimes it is a struggle).
- Lactose intolerance.