(Marginalised Orientations, Gender Alignments, and Intersex)
- a blanket term referring to everyone who isn’t a dyadic cisgender heterosexual and heteroromantic person.
- it’s shorter, more inclusive and easier to pronounce than LGBTQIAP+
- not a slur like “queer”
- doesn’t have a history of including dyadic cishet kinksters, paedophiles, or rapists like GSRM (Gender, Sexual and Romantic Minorities)
- doesn’t include dyadic cishet women while excluding binary trans men like MOGII (Marginalised Orientations, Gender Identities, and Intersex)
- Allies can’t take the “A”, because “Marginalised Orientations, Gender Allies, and Intersex” wouldn’t make the least bit of sense
EDIT: to clear up some confusion regarding the fourth bullet point - “Marginalised Orientations, Gender Identities and Intersex” includes dyadic cishet women, because their gender identity (female) is marginalised. At the same time, it excludes binary trans men, who are not oppressed for their gender identity (male), but for their gender alignment (trans).
SECOND EDIT: A couple of people have pointed out that not everyone who technically fits this description is comfortable with using “marginalised” to describe themselves. This is why I will be using MOGAI to mean “Minority Orientations, Gender Alignments and Intersex” in the future. If enough people get behind it, I do think we can change the meaning.
THIRD EDIT: I have been informed that “minority” is a PoC-exclusive term, so I guess I’ll just stick with “marginalised” for now and keep an eye out for a better term than MOGAI.