- Raphael is totally obsessed with those dramatic Spanish telenovelas.
- like everyday at noon he is sitting down and watching his shows.
- Simon gets roped into it bc Raphael thinks it’s the best way for him to learn Spanish.
- Simon doesn’t realize how intense these shows are until Raphael starts shouting in Spanish at the TV five minutes into the episode. (”ESMERALDA! WE HAD HOPE! I TRUSTED YOU!”)
- Sometime into the third episode, Raphael starts crying when Esmeralda still hasn’t learned anything (”Dios, he’s lying! IDIOTA!”)
- Simon asks multiple times an episode to watch Star Wars instead.
- Eventually Simon starts to understand the language and then he’s secretly into it (also Raphael is super cute when he’s angry).
- Raphael likes to call him out on it.
- “Are you crying, Lewis?”
- Simon tosses a pillow at his face.
- Simon starts telling the rest of the gang about it and casually dropping references into conversation and they get interested
- Friday nights become telenovela marathoning at the Institute.
- Everyone has their spot on the couch and they watch with subtitles.
- Simon and Raphael still try to watch it during the week but they have to go fight bad guys and stuff
- Izzy and Magnus commenting on the outfits and love affairs
- Alec and Clary always predicting what happens next
- Jace exploding whenever their predictions are true.
- Everyone just being stupid and happy bc yeah their lives might have sucked but they never had to deal with their father sleeping with their best friend who ended up in a coma for twenty one days after getting hit by their ex-boyfriend’s car.
need your help making my request popular. SOMEONE DRAW ELAN AND LEWSY/RAND HAVING A RAP BATTLE AT SHAYOL GHUL. AND MOIRAINE AND NYNAEVE ALL COVERED IN BLING JUST MOVING THERE HEADS FORWARD AND BACK WITH ARMS CROSSED. PLS