Seeings as though you're an absolute devil with your head cannons - on the surface they're lighthearted and enjoyable but deep down they hurt like hell, could you pretty please write some head cannons about Harry's first year of life with the Potter's and his many uncles?? Love you for it x
Thank you! I don’t know what you’re talking about, I’m an angel with delicate feelings. Let’s talk about baby Harry for you!
- Sirius gave Harry his first little broom. James was delighted, Lily was a little bit worried, Peter was definitely concerned and Remus was just praying for everything to end up without any injury. But then Sirius gave to Harry a mini leather jacket with ‘prongs 2.0′ written on its back, and Remus gave him a tiny helmet with fake little antlers on the top of it and it’s the most ridiculously adorable thing to ever exist in the entire universe.
- It was, however, just the beginning of Sirius’ plan. His true goal was to carry Harry to ride on his bike. Of course Lily almost had a heart attack, but James thought it was brilliant. They put little Harry sitting between Sirius and James, like a big Harry sandwich and Harry was so fascinated when the bike levitated just a few inches from the ground that even Lily was secretly melting in a corner.
- Harry’s first word was actually the real war going on. Sirius and James could spend an entire night repeating ‘prongs’ and ‘padfoot’ and Remus was ‘what kind of dad are you who teach your son to speak your stupid nickname instead of teach him how to call you dad’
- Harry’s first word was a variation between ‘mommy’ and ‘moony’, although they could never find out because it was just a one time thing. Remus and Lily spent the entire day looking at each other and smiling because it doesn’t really matter to them, but Sirius and James were absolutely outraged.
- ‘Wormy’ was, however, Harry’s oficial first word because once he spoke it, he seemed incapable to stop. Wormtail was paralyzed and flattered and Sirius and James hit him for real during solid fifteen minutes, screaming variations of ‘THIS IS YOUR FAULT PRONGS, PADFOOT IS A TOO LONG WORD FOR A BABY TO LEARN’ and ‘SO IS WORMTAIL IT’S NOT MY FAULT IF MY KID IS A GENIUS’
- I’m gonna repeat this just in case, Peter’s nickname was the first one Harry learned. Okay, moving on.
- The first time they needed to change Harry’s diaper was a real struggle, because Sirius was ‘I PREFER FACE A BUNCH OF DEATH EATERS, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?’, and James was ‘I’M GOING TO CALL MCGONAGALL’, and Remus was too grossed out to tell anything but at least he was trying to help, and Peter was trying to put on the clean diaper when Harry suddenly decided it was a very good time to pee and he does it all over Peter’s tshirt and then Sirius was proudly screaming ‘IT’S MY GODSON, I’M PRETTY SURE, and James was ‘DON’T YOU DARE SUGGEST THAT MY SON IS A DOG’
- Lily ended up using an Engorgement Charm on one diaper and hexing it on Sirius’ hips so nobody could take it off and James was laughing so hard that he was nearly crying
- Sirius was determined to teach Harry stupid names for Remus, and he didn’t stop with the ‘Uncle Ludovic’ thing
- SIRIUS PUT THE LITTLE ANTLERED HELMET AND THE PRONGS 2.0 JACKET ON HARRY AND JAMES TRANSFORMED INTO PRONGS AND RIDE HIM ALONG THE POTTER’S LIVING ROOM AND THEY BROKE HALF OF THE FURNITURE BUT WHO CARES BECAUSE HARRY WAS LAUGHING AND THEY ALL COULD EASILY BRING THE ENTIRE HOUSE DOWN IF IT WAS TO MAKE LITTLE HARRY LAUGH
- After the first full moon after Harry was born, Remus broke down. He cried over twenty minutes on Sirius’ shoulder, because he was reviving the fear before the possibility to hurt someone he loves, but Sirius remembered him with a kiss that he feared exactly the same with him, but it didn’t stop Sirius to fall in love with him
- The Marauders, Lily and Prongs 2.0 being a happy, united family, Giving Sirius the real family he always needed. Giving Remus the assurance and support he always needed. Giving Peter the shelter and friendship he always needed. Giving James and Lily the reality they always wanted.
- Giving Harry the only family he’d know for a long, long time.
- The Marauders, Lily and Prongs 2.0 proving that, sometimes, love is just not enough to keep things right and safe.