Haikyuu!! Captains Idol!AU HCs
Okay, I have been holding unto this headcanon for a while now, and I decided to let it out just in time for the Captains Week. (Let it be known that I blame Boys24 for all of this. If you don’t know what that is, then spare yourself. If you do, then I know your pain.)
Disclaimer: Most of my references and terms are from K-Pop, since I am better versed in it than I am with J-Pop, so promotions and concepts and stuff are leaning more towards that. Also, I know there’s a plethora of Kpop groups out there, but I only included those/referenced those who I am a die-hard fan and casual fan of, or just basically liked few of their songs so I know of them to an extent, so yeah. THIS POST IS HIGHLY SELF-INDULGENT. You have been warned.
Also my contribution for Captains Week 2016 Day 2: Music
Members and Positions
Sawamura Daichi – Daichi is Leader of the group because he gives off this aura and feels that just screams responsible, but genial. Daichi is sort of a well-rounded member, able to dance and sing and rap a little, although his position really is vocals; plays the piano and drums; is considered by some fans to be a bias-wrecker. Daichi likes to post heartwarming messages to fans, thanking them for their support. Always gets teased by Tetsurou for being so responsible (which earns the latter a kick in the shin or a punch on the arm).
Think Seungho of MBLAQ… I HC Daichi as that kind of leader and member of the group.
· Oikawa Tooru – Tooru is the self-proclaimed visual of the group, and acts as a sub-vocal; has omnipresence in social media, mostly on IG, and occasionally Twitter, which makes him the most famous member, and he does in fact have the largest fanbase among the members (a fact which he doesn’t stop reminding Tetsurou about); the aegyo machine and has an extensive knowledge of girl group songs and dance; on occasion have crossed dressed just to prove how good looking he is.
Super Junior’s Heechul (circa 2009-2010) is my reference for Idol!Tooru.
· Kuroo Tetsurou – Kuroo is the ultimate bias-wrecker of the group; His position really is sub-vocal, but his smooth dancing earned him a spot as lead dancer; plays the guitar and is the one responsible for the acoustic versions of their songs (along with Daichi and Kaname); is the second famous member because he actually responds to tweets and sometimes trolls the fans for laughs (along with Koutarou).
He’s like Infinite’s Woohyun (greasiness) mixed with Block B’s Jaehyo, mixed with BEAST’s Gikwang.
· Moniwa Kaname – Kaname is the resident flower boy and cinnamon roll, who takes up the role of being the mom and serves as the main vocal of the group. People used to underestimate him, but once they heard his voice, they immediately changed their minds. His fans would usually post edits of him wearing flower crowns; it doesn’t help that he always takes selfies of stuffed toys gifted by fans.
Think Ryeowook of Super Junior.
· Bokuto Koutarou – Bokuto is the hyperactive main rapper of the group; fans consider him to have a reverse charm because off-cam and during fan meetings, he’s like a child and he’s so boisterous, you wouldn’t think of him as anything serious but on stage and on-cam, he does a 180 and just leaves fans breathless with his rap; the king of fan service (doesn’t hesitate to take off his shirt if fans asked).
He’s like Block B’s Zico (some traits) mixed with Ikon’s Bobby (his voice).
· Ushijima Wakatoshi – Toshi serves as sub-vocal for the group; is the idol actor among the members, which makes him the leading man in most of their music videos (much to Tooru’s chagrin). Despite his nonchalant façade, he actually is one of the dorkiest members of the group, as he’s prone to posting lengthy posts about things he is interested in, ones he’s seen in advertisements and such (again, to Tooru’s chagrin because it doesn’t make sense to him); is their dark horse when it comes to variety because fans find his non-reaction very funny (AGAIN, much to Tooru’s chagrin).
Think of Big Bang’s TOP mixed with VIXX’s Leo (weird combination tbh)
· Terushima Yuuji – Yuuji is the maknae of the group; because of his b-boy background he is easily made the main dancer, but he also serves as the second rapper. Fans find it hard to believe that he’s the maknae because he sells the bad boy image so well and Noona fans are wary of him because he is still jailbait (1 more year to go Teru-teru). It doesn’t help their resolve whenever he performs though. As the maknae, he has the ultimate burden of doing aegyo (which he claims he doesn’t have, but inadvertently shows it whenever he says that; Tooru likes to help him in that area though); thinks that Tetsu-hyung is taking too much of Daichi-hyung’s attention.
He’s like B.A.P’s Zelo mixed with Block B’s P.O. mixed with iKon’s B.I (wow that’s a lot of acronym-ed artists)
Concept/s and Songs
· I haven’t really thought that far to think up of concepts and the details that comes with it, although I kind of see this group lean towards Pop or maybe RnB at first, until they are confident enough to try and tackle more challenging ones. Some songs that I think would fit them would be the likes of One Way’s Magic, Mr. Mr.’s Do You Feel Me, MBLAQ’s Smoky Girl, Infinite’s Last Romeo, SHINee’s View, Super Junior’s It’s You and 2PM’s Comeback When You Hear This Song
· For kind of light-hearted love songs, and (borderline) cutesy concepts, I HC something along the lines of 2PM’s I Can’t, 2AM’s Love You, Hate You, Big Bang’s Let’s Not Fall in Love, then there’s also B.A.P’s Take You There, VIXX’s G.R.8.Uand Got7’s Just Right.
· There are also other songs like B.A.P’s 1004 (Angel), and Rain Sound, DALMATIAN’s E.R., iKON’s Apology
· Sub-unit songs: iKon’s Anthem for the rap line and MBLAQ’s Cry and 2AM’s Can’t Let You Go Even If I Die, for the vocal line.
· They would also not hesitate to cover girl group songs (especially Oikawa), and make acoustic versions of it (courtesy of Tetsurou)
Yeah…that isn’t well thought of.
· Their fanbase are generally supportive of the boys, and older fans are welcoming and are ready to introduce the boys to whoever they think is interested. And while they have their own biases that chose them, all of the members have special places in their hearts.
· Fandom is generally a happy one because even when the boys are not promoting, they try to update their fans as much as possible, like they upload videos of self-cameras (whether through their official Youtube channel or through their personal social media accounts), covers, and other shenanigans, which just basically means that fans have always something to look forward to.
· Just don’t get the fans started about the ships, because dear Lord this group HAS a lot of them.
PS: Would you like to suggest a group name?