let's keep this up shall we

Updated theories about season 4 dates - To keep us sane.
  • Okay, so shall we do the math (again), count some days and weeks, in order to have something to hold on to, countdown to and basically keep us sane?
  • I’ve done this before (on other premises), but after Even’s birthday *painful flashbacks* everything has changed!… We desperately try to make up theories in order to stay out of a limbo and accept that we know nothing, and the lightning might as well strike on a very random day.

BUT…

  • Let’s take a look at season 4. What do we know? nothing! … But we know that the school year at Nissen ends on the 22nd of June. That means the season must end on Friday the 23rd at the very latest. 
  • I actually hope that is the case, and part of the reason everything is so late. If the season ends when the summer holiday begins, then we get to witness Even’s graduation AND Isak’s birthday on the 21st. Even deserves that, and we deserve that!!
  • We don’t know how long the season will be, but my guess is 10 episodes, so let’s stick to that (keep it worst case scenario so we won’t get disappointed)
  • We also know that there will be a break in the middle of the season. season 1 & 3 had a one-week break, and season 2 had a two-week break. We don’t know if the length of the break has anything to do with the time of year, or the length of the season. But let’s stick to a 1 week break (again, we are working with the latest the season will start)
  • So, that means we have to count 11 weeks back from Friday the 23rd of June, which is Friday April 7. So, the first update will (most likely) be a day between Saturday April 1st and Monday April 3rd.
  • We can’t compare trailer calculation with the previous seasons anymore, because they came out about 3 month before the season started, so we are way overdue.
  • My take is, that we will get it about one month before the season begins. It doesn’t make much sense to release it later that that. A month before is VERY close to the premiere date.
  • My conclusion: The trailer will premiere in week 9
  • A reason everything is so late compared to the other seasons could be that season 4 wasn’t planed out for Julie as the other 3 seasons were. Maybe she didn’t make her final decisions about the main before season 3 was over or close to end, because she wanted the fans reactions - And from there she had to figure out the story line.
  • Does this sound plausible to you? please tell me… am I way off?
Let’s make a point shall we?

The Main 7 movie cast vs. show cast in Google Image search

Let’s start with Clary:

Okay let’s try Fairchild:

Jace:

Okay let’s try Herondale:

(okay Dom has some serious catching up to do but he’s still closer than Isaiah)

Moving on to our lovable nerd/vamp,

Simon:

Onto the Lightwoods, 

Isabelle first:

Alec:

(yes we all expected that, and it was acknowledged so here have a fucking cookie)

Now that I’ve awarded you for stating the obvious let’s move onto a canon man of color

Magnus:

And then we have our amazing Alpha wolf

Luke Garroway:

Hmmmmmmmmm 🤔

Maybe Lucian Graymark??? I mean it could be my error since that is his true name. Let’s see:

OH WOW!!!!! Ummmmm I wonder why that is? 

I’m so shocked by this (read not shocked at all)

Keep making excuses if you like. I gave you the receipts, all the proof is here. Hate me for it if you like I don’t really care, this isn’t about me. But realize there is nothing to argue anymore, stop trying to find excuses and do something about it. If you can do it for the other characters you can do it for Luke. Isaiah is a blessing, please notice his hard work and love for the character. 

Thank you!

Alphys knows what’s up.

[Alphys’ spinning chair gradually came to a stop, but she continued to sway until her eyes came back into focus. The doctor, meanwhile, was looking pleased as punch.]

ALPHYS
S-so you’ve finally made up your m-mind…?

GASTER
Most definitely!

ALPHYS
And y-you’re not going to delete it?

GASTER
Absolutely not!

ALPHYS
For real this time?

GASTER
For really reals!

GASTER
For the sake of the people, I will answer even the lewdest of questions!

ALPHYS
Haha, l-let’s not go that far, sir… Though it’s g-great to see you so enthusiastic about it!

ALPHYS
… I take it the King said something to change your mind?

GASTER
!

GASTER
W-well, yes! He told me that our ask system is being enjoyed by monsters all across the Underground. He wants us to keep it up, and so we shall!

ALPHYS
Uuuh-huh.

GASTER
… What?

ALPHYS
Nothing~

ALPHYS
R-ready to begin “testing” when you are, sir!

GASTER
Excellent! Commence Operation: AMA!

ALPHYS
Hahaha!

Title: Power Couple (fem! Reader x Peter Parker)

Summary: After a gruesome fight and a talk with the most annoying hero of New York City in the reader’s opinion (Spider-Man) they have to dash home for her date with Peter. Both end up sharing a little more than they bargain for; their ‘super secrets’, if you will.

Word Count: 1610

A/N: I’ve been working on this for a while but was super busy + have 12 days to put up, but I just couldn’t wait! I have a day off from the holiday imagines, so I thought “YES LET’S DO IT!” I hope you enjoy! 

Keep reading

Tord: I don’t want to “calm down”- 

Tord: I want Proof! And I know it’s here!

Patryk: Uh, Sir, maybe we should just retire this mission… 

Paul: Patryk’s right, Tord. 

[Give Up]  


[Keep looking]

When it seems like there’s an awful lot of people soaring above you, reaching new heights while you stagger behind, waiting for your moment, remember that it’s only from the ground where you will grow. Keep sowing seeds. Keep planting. And while you’re looking up, eagerly anticipating what is to come, remember that here, on the ground, you’re growing.
_
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. - Galatians 6:9
_
#morganharpernichols

2

halo wars (2009) | halo wars 2 (2017)

“Captain, wake up. Something has happened.

The Spirit of Fire is in a situation I… could not anticipate. I’m certain Professor Anders would enjoy that little admission - so let’s keep it between us, shall we?

We’ve been adrift for just over twenty eight years. I’ve made quite a few repairs while you were sleeping, so ship systems are one hundred percent. Cryo worked well and med stats on all remaining crew are green.

As for me, well… regulations are clear about Final Dispensation at the end of an AI’s seven year lifespan. I took care of my own arrangements rather than wake you, I didn’t want to… well, I hope you can forgive this final breach of protocol.

It was a pleasure and an honour to serve with you, sir. Do look after everyone for me, would you?

Goodbye, Captain. Serina out.

It’s been a month since I last posted a poem. Well, writers block isn’t a myth.

I usually dont use metaphors and personifications in my poems, but here’s something I tried with the help from @i-just-be

Hope you guys like it..

To let the stars spark
I cloak myself in the dark
Why I grieve every while
Just to see you smile

Im in love with the moon
But my love shall never bloom
To keep up with the night
I banish my light

Dying for others seem fine
Being bright, yet cant shine
Living for others is tough
Crying, to see her smile, ain’t it love?

You orbit around, yet never meet
My love doesnt care, how you treat
Even if I eclipse, for you to take the stage
I wish to set you free, from this gravitational cage

My love maybe one sided
By the horizon we are divided
Though we both, might not feel the same
I’ll never let you take the blame

Impossible love story, this seems
Between us two extremes
Will I be always stuck waiting?
And see my life negating

Is it the distance or the magnitude
Or maybe I myself need to be valued
Live for myself and then the dear one!

Or maybe the moon is unlucky for not having the Sun

-frncs

24th Nov, 2016

Made a new item for my players

Our newbie Sorcerer didn’t understand when he was rolling his character (and he didn’t really want help) so he ended up with -1 Constitution and is now stuck with it. But I feel bad that I didn’t catch it so I’m making a magic item that gives him extra Constitution at the expense of some of his other stats. 

“What is the item?” you ask. Let’s take a look, shall we?

Pants of Constitution

If you’re wearing these pants* in public, you’re a braver person than I am.

+3 Constitution 

-3 Charisma

-3 Intimidation

*Ask the Dm what they look like.

“What do these pants look like?” you may wonder. Well, these pants just happen to look like this-

Harry A History.

Harry: You can’t go. It’s too dangerous.

Lily Luna: Seriously. I can- I can name a million things you did at my age that were way more dangerous than going to a concert. 

Lily Luna: Lets look at the evidence shall we? I’m not going to go down the whole list. We’ll be here forever. Here are some of my favorites. 

 Your first year you went face to face with the dark lord. You took on a basilisk your second year.

You once competed in the tri-wizard tournament at the age of 14. 

Harry: To be fair I did not willingly sign up for any of those. 

Lily Luna: I’ll keep reading.  

You lead an army of students against the government.

Harry: That was not it’s intended-

Lily Luna: You fought in the wizarding war. You ran away to find horcruxes, you came face to face with Voldemort. 

Lily Luna: And my personal favorite. You stole a car, and flew it right into the whomping willow when you were 12!

Lily Luna: But i can’t go to a completely safe muggle concert?

Harry: Do as I say….not….as I do?

Lily Luna: So I’ll be home at midnight?

First thing first, I love this cover SO much. Starting from the top we have Sanji and Luffy, their faces both show the struggles they’re facing in the arc. Sanji’s head is slightly bowed, he was ready to give up and sacrifice himself for the sake of his loved ones (nothing new for him, really). Luffy always keeps his head up, optimism never left him, not even when Sanji hit him, not even when he watched him walk away from him and Nami - he kept believing in his friend, he was determined to at least make sure he’d be safe, even if he wouldn’t go back to the crew.

But let’s go further down, shall we?

Here they are, the Vinsmoke family! Most of us (if not all of us) were expecting a family composed of five blond members, but as usual Oda’s coloring always take an unexpected turn! And let me tell you… I love them! I absolutely love the fact that he assigned to every Vinsmoke kid a different color! 

Of course on OP and anime in general, we are used to seeing bright colored hair even on humans, but I feel like this is different. Reiju, Ichiji, Niji and Yonji are clearly not human, they are genetically modified and giving them crazy colored hair as opposed to Sanji’s blond hair sets a crucial difference. Judge’s hair is blond, too, and I think it is only fair to think that probably Sora was blond too, and Sanji, who was the only one of the quadruplets to not have any genetic mod, is blond. 

I love all this, seriously! It makes so much sense, at least it does to me!

also let’s talk about Yonji’s green hair *COUGH* more reason for Sanji to be irritated by Zoro’s green hair *COUGH*

anonymous asked:

Why do people put the clowns and furuta into the antagonist or villians role? I mean honestly they aren't even trying to work against goat or kaneki it seems to me that they just want to destroy the ccg and see them fall apart for lols. I feel like for a long time ishida has been building up mutsuki to become an antagonist in the story and if you look at the definition with mutsuki and aura wanting to kill the 'protagonist' they fit into that role more?

Villain-(in a film, novel, or play) a character whose evil actions or motives are important to the plot.

Antagonist-is a character or a group of characters which stand in opposition to the protagonist or the main character.

Lets keep this definition in mind as we go forward shall we, Tokyo Ghoul is a very grey story in the fact that to meet their goals characters don’t always take the moral correct path. However, I have no idea where you are getting the idea of Furuta and the clowns not being villains from. Your argument is that they are trying to destroy the CCG so they are not evil and that Furuta isn’t working against goat and Kaneki. Yet, one of the basic plot points established in this part of the story is that A. Kaneki doesn’t want the CCG destroyed he wants them to understand that ghouls aren’t all evil. Because in theory the CCG isn’t evil and could be used to make sure that ghouls who enjoy that aspect of killing are not allowed to do that. However Furuta doesn’t want to destroy the CCG because of moral its corrupt, no he wants the chairman position so he can be the one calling the shots. However your argument that Furuta isn’t even working against goat and V isn’t even an argument as A. He is trying to place all the blame of his actions on him

B. He sent V to kill him and the goats and to make it seem that they were working with the clowns in the process.

Also, lets not forget that the clowns and V forced Humans to their deaths in the raids by forcing them to fight and sewing their mouth shut so they couldn’t tell anyone.

Also the clowns have been known to mind fuck people and are helping Furuta with all of this plans, and even though they have there own agenda they are still hurting people in the process.

Then you say that because they are doing it for the lols it’s okay but do you wanna know another character that does a lot of bad things for the lol is The Joker from Batman and he is considered on the greatest fictional villains. 

Also the major theme of an Antagonist is that they stand in the protagonist Kaneki’s way. Kaneki just wants peace and understanding between ghouls, he himself is using violence in his actions but he is an anti-hero not a goodie goodie. Furuta is using everything in his power to keep things the same and make sure Kaneki takes the fall for it and your telling me thats not a villain.

Also, I don’t understand why you are bringing Mutsuki into this argument as yes he has stated that he wants to kill Kaneki. But also he hesitated when he asked to kill him together with Aura

So while he might be a antagonist at the time, he also shows signs of his meeting with Kaneki being the start of his redemption, as Mutsuki is one of the few people who believe that Kaneki isn’t as bad as the CCG is making him seem and image that Furuta is trying to make bigger. What you have used is Mutsuki words in a delusional state.

Also there isn’t just one set antagonist per story there can be multiple antagonists, so it’s not one over the other type of situation.

anonymous asked:

I did not even make the connections between Killian Jones and Jughead Jones and now I'm ACTUALLY CRYING WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY SOUL. THESE TWO POOR, TORTURED BABIES. I WILL FIGHT PEOPLE TO KEEP THEM BOTH SAFE.

I WILL LITERALLY FIGHT THE WORLD FOR THEM.

But let’s break this down a bit, shall we? For funsies. 

  • Last name: Jones
  • First name: Life Ruiner
  • First language: sass
  • Hair: dark and unruly
  • Eyes: sullen 
  • (Srsly be more Byronic hero)
  • Dad: deadbeat
  • Mom: out of the picture
  • Beloved sibling that they idolize: also out of the picture
  • Authority: no thanks 
  • Despite appearances, absolute heart of gold
  • And will sneer at you for saying so
  • Smart cookie, though hardly living up to their potential. Too busy brooding
  • Loves to read
  • Is very sentimental, whilst denying how sentimental they are
  • Loyal AF to those he loves
  • Hates praise
  • Like strong blondes
  • Especially likes strong blondes with a bit ‘o darkness in them
  • Total romantic
  • Good at sleuthing
  • Likes to especially sleuth with his best girl bc they make quite the team
  • Knows his reputation, wishes people didn’t see him like that
  • But knows why they do
  • Welcome to self loathing
  • Regardless, can’t seem to stop himself from going after the girl he thinks is wayyyy to good for him
  • And is A+++++ boyfriend
  • Makes her laugh and grow
  • Wants to be good
  • Tries to be good
  • Seriously is trying his best
  • And yet
  • THE ANGST PERSISTS
  • And my love only grows.

Originally posted by pirateherokillian

Originally posted by riverrdxle

Chaol Westfall Discussion Post

Here we go - I’ve seen a lot of posts and people discussing why or why not Queen of Shadows was a correct/ incorrect depiction of Chaol Westfall, of whether or not SJM manipulates characters for her ships, of why Aelin should be with Chaol or Rowan or even Dorian or what not… So I suggest looking at the evidence. Let’s take a look, shall we? 

Throne of Glass: From Book 1, Chaol is adamant on keeping Celaena within tight definitions. He is a man of rules and regulations, law and order. He serves his king loyally and truthfully and so long as that is true, all is right in his world. He has given up his family and his title for the honor of serving his king. A criminal, an assassin, a slave from Endovier shouldn’t change that.

“You’re a criminal. I’m Captain of the Royal Guard. I’m not obligated to bestow any kindness or conversation upon you. Be grateful we don’t keep you locked up in the wagon.” p. 26

“You like to read? …. I didn’t know assassins liked to read,” p. 55

“It isn’t your place to write to the Crown Prince.”
She gave him a simpering smile and took a bite of ham. “He could have ignored the letter. And besides, I’m his Champion. Not everyone feels obligated to be as nasty to me as you do.”
“You’re an assassin.” p. 78

“Enthralled by the Princess Nehemia?” The words were barely distinguishable from her chewing.
“That headstrong girl?” ….
“And what’s wrong with headstrong girls?” she pressed. “Other than the fact that they’re not wooden-headed ninnies who can only open their mouths to give orders and gossip?”
“I just prefer a certain type of woman.” 
“And what type of woman is that?” 
“Not an arrogant assassin.” 
She pouted. “Suppose I wasn’t an assassin. Would you fancy me then?” 
“No.” p. 101-102. 

“Are you enjoying looking at my scars?” 
He sucked on his lower lip for a moment. “When did you get those?” She knew he meant the three enormous lines that ran down her back.
“When do you think?” she said. He didn’t reply, …. “Those three, I received my first day in Endovier.”
What did you do to deserve it?” p. 121 

“Are you honestly so blind that you can’t see why we can’t allow this?”
“’Can’t allow’ - you’re just afraid of me!”
“Don’t flatter yourself.”
“You think I want to go back to Endovier?” she hissed. “You think I’m not aware of the fact that if I flee, I’ll be hunted down for the rest of my life? You think I don’t know why I vomit when I run in the morning? My body is a wreck. I need to spend these extra hours here, and you shouldn’t punish me for it!”
“I’m not going to pretend to know how a criminal mind works.” p. 136

“By the Wyrd, Dorian! She’s an assassin. Please, please tell me you haven’t been here before.” Dorian couldn’t help his smirk. “I don’t even want an explanation. Just get out, you reckless idiot. Get out.” p. 179

“She was a criminal - a prodigy at killing, a Queen of the Underworld - and yet… yet she was just a girl, sent at seventeen to Endovier.

While it terrified him to see her down there, a hand’s breadth from Dorian’s unprotected throat, what terrified him even more was that he trusted her. And he didn’t know what that meant about himself.” p. 264

“Well? Do I need to lecture you about how stupid it was to sneak into the ball, or can I just ask you to dance with me instead?” 
“I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Chaol said.
“Why?” they asked in unison. 
“Because it attracts too much attention, that’s why.” Celaena rolled her eyes and Chaol glared at her. “Do I have to remind you who you are?” 
“No. You remind me every day,” she retorted.” p.294

He really does love to label her, but you can see where he slowly starts to evolve in his opinion of her. He starts to admire her, to like her, to trust her. Of course, that trust is what scares him most. Because of his duty. Because of his loyalty. He must put that before all else, and if that were in question, he would lost the very foundation of himself. And yet, he begins to trust her enough around Dorian that he isn’t petrified that she’ll kill him. He begins to see her. By the end of the book, they’re friends. Quickly becoming more. 

“Are you still acting like the King’s Champion, or are you back to being Celaena?” p. 11

“He’d been realizing it more and more recently - how much he hated it when she left him behind. How he hated her setting off on those cured missions and not contacting him for days or weeks. …. He’d killed Cain at the duel. Killed him to save her. Part of him didn’t regret it; part of him would do it again in a heartbeat. But the other part still woke him up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat that felt too much like Cain’s blood.” p. 23

“There was a line between them. The king might not think twice about their friendship, but crossing that final line could be deadly for both of them; it could make the king question his loyalty, his position, everything
And if it ever came down to having to choose between his king and Celaena… He prayed to the Wyrd that he’d never be faced with that decision.” p. 25

“You’re the greatest assassin in Eriliea, and yet you can’t stand watch for a few hours?” p. 132

Dorian and the king were where his loyalty lay. Without his loyalty, he was no one. Without it, he’d given up his family, his title, for nothing.” p. 150

“And he wouldn’t tell the princess - or Celaena. Just because he was friendly with Nehemia, just because she was Celaena’s friend, it didn’t change anything. While he knew that Celaena would be furious that he didn’t tell her, he was the Captain of the Guard. He had fought and sacrificed nearly as much as Celaena had to get his position. He’d let her get too close by asking her to dance - he’d let himself get too close.” p. 151

“Chaol didn’t tell Celaena what the king had said, though part of him twisted until it hurt. The king wouldn’t hurt Nehemia - not when she was such a public and well-liked figure. Not when he’d warned Chaol about the anonymous threat to Nehemia’s life. ….. Celaena knowing or not knowing made now difference, he told himself as he lay curled around her in his bed. Even if Celaena knew, even if she told Nehemia, it wouldn’t stop the conversation from taking place, and it wouldn’t make the nameless threat go away. No, it would just make things worse if they knew - worse for all of them.” p. 211

“He’d kill any man who hurt Celaena; and if the king ever gave him the order to dispatch her, then he’d plunge his sword into his own heart before he would obey.” p. 211

“His soul was bound to hers by some unbreakable chain. He snorted, imagining what his father would think when he learned that Chaol had taken Adarlan’s Assassin for his wife.” p. 211

“If she’s part of your group,” Celaena ground out, “then where is she?”
Archer drew his sword and pointed it at Chaol. “Ask him.”
A sharp pain twisted in her gut. “What is he talking about?” she asked Chaol.
But Chaol was staring at Archer. “I don’t know.”
….
“I knew about the anonymous threat to Nehemia’s life, yes. But I was told that she would be questioned by the king, not me.” p. 225-226

“Let me give her my cloak,” Dorian said, reaching to unfasten it. 
“Don’t,” Chaol said quietly. His face was still bleeding. She’d gouged four lines across his cheek with her nails. Her nails. Gods above. “I don’t trust her with anything in there except hay.” p. 236

“Regardless of what territory her parents had lorded over, if Celaena ever took up the mantle she’d lost, and if Terrasen ever got to its feet…
Then Celaena could become a powerhouse - potentially capable of standing against Adarlan. And that made Celaena more than just his enemy. 
It made her the greatest threat he’d ever encountered.
” p. 294

“If you feel the way you do, they why let her stay shackled to your father? Why not find a way to get her out of her contract? Or are you just afraid that if you set her free, she’ll never come back to you?” 
“I’d be careful what you say,” Dorian said softly.
But it was true. Even though he couldn’t imagine a world without Celaena, Chaol knew he had to get her out of this castle. Yet he couldn’t tell if it was for Adarlan’s sake or her own.” p. 314

“And the only way she’d die a traitor would be for her to do what he feared; ally with this secret organization, find Aelin Galathynius, and return to Terrasen. This was a hint that she had no intention of doing that. She had no plans to reclaim her lost title, and posed no threat to Adarlan or Dorian. He’d been wrong. Yet again, he’d been wrong.” p. 323

“Because she wasn’t human, Chaol realized, gaping up at her from where he still crouched over Fleetfoot.
No - she wasn’t human at all.
Celaena was Fae.” p. 379

“She was conscious, but was a dead weight in the captain’s arms as he dragged her across the ground. Once they were over the border, he dropped her as though she were made of flame, and Celaena lay panting on the stones.” p. 382

“Chaol shifted his boot against the step to warn her that he was there. How much of her Fae senses did she retain when she looked like a human?” p. 390

“For a heartbeat, he wondered if she would kill him, too - just for being there, for seeing the dark truth of her.” p. 390

His fingers grazed her cheeks, warming her chilled skin. “Fae, assassin - no matter what you are, I - “
“Don’t.” She stepped back. “Don’t say it.” p. 394

“Celaena was Fae, and heir to a power she couldn’t control. Even if she couldn’t shift, if anyone ever discovered what she was…
It explained why she was so terrified of the king, why she never said anything about where she’d come from, or what she’d been through. And living here… this was the most dangerous place for her - or any Fae - to be.” p. 395

“Celaena Sardothien wasn’t in league with Aelin Ashryver Galthynuis. 
Celaena Sardothien was Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, heir to the throne and rightful Queen of Terrasen.
Celaena was Aelin Galathynius, the greatest living threat to Adarlan, the one person who could raise an army capable of standing against the king. Now, she was also the one person who knew the secret source of the king’s power - and who sought a way to destroy it. 
And he had just sent her into the arms of her strongest potential allies: to the homeland of her mother, the kingdom of her cousin, and the domain of her aunt, Queen Maeve of the Fae.
Celaena was the lost queen of Terrasen.
Chaol sank to his knees.” p. 418

This book might be the most interesting to look at in terms of Chaol’s development between the Throne of Glass and Queen of Shadows. 

  • Chaol still fits her into categories - Celaena, Assassin, King’s Champion
  • Chaol is really struggling with having killed Cain, understandably, because he’s never killed someone before. It’s hard for him to come to terms with the fact that he was willing to take a life even if it meant saving Celaena’s. 
  • He’s still grappling with his loyalty to the king and to Dorian - he wants that to be his first priority always, but as we see here, he’d rather kill himself than kill Celaena at the king’s command. Although, technically, he wouldn’t be doing anything to save her life from the king, he just knows he couldn’t be the one to do it. 
  • Chaol loves her, that much is clear. But he doesn’t tell her about Nehemia. Because he doesn’t see the value in it, because his king told him not to and that’s the most important thing.
  • But then… when confronted with the rebels, he lies. He says he doesn’t know where she is when he knows she was meant to be “questioned.” Given his knowledge of the king’s brutality, let’s say he knows its more of an interrogation. 
  • And after Nehemia’s death, after Celaena’s reaction, he loses any trust he had in her. He trusts her only with the hay in her cell. He drugs her to keep her calm. 

Now most importantly are the changes we see in him when he discovers bits and pieces of Celaena’s history. 

  • She’s Noble, so he fears she might rise up with Terrasen if rebel forces gained power. It makes her “the greatest threat he’d ever encountered.” 
  • She’s Fae and has great power, he needs to get her out of Adarlan for her sake, but also for Adarlan’s. 
  • More than this though, is how he reacts to her other form. He doesn’t want to touch her, he sees her as less than human, sees it as a “dark truth.” 
  • And he’s still labeling her, he says he loves her DESPITE being Fae, DESPITE being an assassin. 

But the most unforgivable thing she is, is Queen. That is what throws him completely he could still have loved her if she were Fae, if she were an Assassin. But as Queen of the “enemy,” he falls to his knees. Because his first priority is always and has always been Adarlan. Adarlan and Dorian

Next, is Heir of Fire. 

“For a month now, it had been the same dream. Every night, over and over, until Chaol could see it in his waking hours. 
Archer Finn groaning as Celaena shoved her dagger up through his ribs and into his heart. …. The dream shifted, and Chaol could say nothing, do nothing as the golden-brown hair darkened to black and the agonized face wasn’t Archer’s but Dorian’s. ….
Enemy. Lover.
Queen.” p. 20

“Because Celaena was Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, heir to the throne and rightful Queen of Terrasen. 
It made her his mortal enemy. It made her Dorian’s enemy. Chaol still didn’t know what to do about it, or what it meant for them, for the life he’d imagined for them. The future he’d once dreamed of was irrevocably gone.” p. 22

“So that’s why you were so desperate to trade secrets - you wanted the information for his sake.” ….
“Dorian, please,” Chaol said. “I’m doing this for you, I swear it.” p. 195

Chaol is terrified of the Queen of Terrasen because of what it means for Dorian and Adarlan. He sees her as a threat to them both because of where she comes from. He seems to forget that she and Dorian were friends even when she couldn’t speak to him. He assumes that as the Queen of a conquered kingdom her first act will be bloodshed. 

Now, if I can’t convince you all of his character where it comes to Aelin, let Dorian

“Do you still love her?” 
Chaol closed his eyes for a moment. “A part of me will always love her. But I had to get her out of this castle. Because it was too dangerous, and she was… what she was becoming…” 
“She was not becoming anything different from what she always was and always had the capacity to be. You just finally saw everything. And once you saw that other part of her…” Dorian said quietly. it had taken him until now, until Sorscha, to understand what that meant. “You cannot pick and choose what parts of her to love. … Just as you cannot pick which parts of me you accept.” 
“I don’t - “
“You do. But what’s done is done, Chaol. And there is no going back, no matter how hard you try to change things. Like it or not, you played a role in getting us all to this point, too. You set her down that path, to revealing what and who she is, to whatever she decides to do now.”
“You think I wanted any of this to happen?” Chaol splayed his arms. “If I could, I would put it all back to the way it was. If I could, she wouldn’t be queen, and you wouldn’t have magic.” 
“Of course - of course you still see the magic as a problem. And of course you wish she wasn’t who she is. Because you’re not really scared of those things, are you? No - its what they represent. The change. But let me tell you,” Dorian breathed, his magic flickering and then subsiding in a flash of pain, “things have changed. And changed because of you. I have magic - there is no undoing that, no getting rid of it. And as for Celaena…” he clamped down on the power that surged as he imagined - for the first time, he realized - what it was to be her. “As for Celaena,” he said again, “you do not have the right to wish she were not what she is. The only thing you have a right to do is decide whether you are her enemy or her friend.” p. 233-234

Chaol fears the change. He wants simplicity. He wants rules, law, loyalty to the crown. But Celaena is forcing him to look at the world for what it really is. It is not simple. There are hard choices to make. And in a world where things are constantly shifting, slipping beyond his control, of course Chaol - stable, constant Chaol - becomes more and more frustrated for the catalyst of that change.

“Aedion’s chest tightened to the point of hurting. The captain was just staring at the old man. It was a message to the world. Aelin was a warrior, able to fight with blade or magic. And she was done with hiding.” p. 493

This is the only glimpse we get of Chaol’s reaction to Aelin’s emergence in Heir of Fire, but its important to understand the reaction in QoS completely. He is contained. He only stares at Murtaugh. He does not let his fear show despite this being the very news he feared from the moment he found out Celaena could have ties to an uprising in Terrasen. 

But of course, once he sees Aelin, after everything… Dorian… Sorscha… the Valg invasion… 

“If you hadn’t been so dramatic about it, hadn’t flaunted your defeat of Narrok and practically shouted at the king that you were back, he would never have called us to that room -” 
“You do not get to blame me for that. For his actions.” p. 48

“Tell me.” 
He shook his head, a gap in the streetlights shadowing his face. “No. Not a chance. Not with you so unpredictable.”  p. 49

“Right now we need to help Aedion and Dorian.” 
“There is no we. … There hasn’t been a we for a while, Celaena -”
“It’s Aelin now,” she snapped as loudly as she dared. “Celaena Sardothien doesn’t exist anymore.”
“You’re still the same assassin who walked away. You only came back when it was useful for you.” p. 50

Rage monster Chaol appears. His control is slipping because his entire wORLD is slipping. He blames her for things that are out of her control entirely and mistrusts, despite Dorian’s warning to him. 

“And what then?” Chaol asked. “Will you hold all of Rifthold hostage the way you did Doranelle? Burn anyone who doesn’t agree with you? Or will you just incinerate our kingdom from spite? And what of others like you, who feel that they have a score to settle with Adarlan?” He huffed a bitter laugh. “Perhaps we’re better off without magic. Perhaps magic doesn’t exactly make things fair amongst us mere mortals.”
“Fair? You think any part of this is fair?”
“Magic makes people dangerous.”
“Magic has saved your life a few times now, if I recall correctly.”
“Yes,” he breathed, “you and Dorian both - and I’m grateful, I am. But where are the checks against your kind? Iron? Not much of a deterrent, is it? Once magic is free, who is to stop the monsters from coming out again? Who is to stop you?” p. 53

*moment of silence for Chaolaena, cuz that was the very last straw*

“So Dorian is allowed to have magic. You can come to terms with his power, and yet my power is an abomination to you?” 
Dorian has never killed anyone. Dorian didn’t gut Archer Finn in the tunnels or torture and kill Grave and then chop him up into pieces. Dorian didn’t go on a killing spree at Endovier that left dozens dead.” p. 53

“It hadn’t even been a fair fight. Aelin had let it go on because Arobynn had wanted it to go on. And once she took out that clock tower and her magic was back… What checks would there be against her? Against Aedion, and that Fae Prince of hers, and all the warriors like them? A new world, yes. But a world in which the ordinary human voice would be nothing more than a whisper.” p. 197

Chaol’s mention of fair and of Aelin’s past killings really is just an echo of how he behaved right from the start. “What did you do to deserve it,” he said of her scars. Because he is still unable to see Adarlan for what it is. He sees it as Dorian’s kingdom, not as the force that conquered Terrasen and dozens of others of kingdoms and enslaved them, burned them, broke them. He doesn’t see Adarlan for its slaves or for its massacres. He ignores this because he is clinging to the truth he clung to his whole life - that his purpose is to serve his king and country, and without that he is no one. So he ignores the fact that Aelin killed to survive, was literally forced into it. That she killed Archer and Grave for the Princess he let die. 

It should also be noted that Chaol is somewhat of a bigot. He doesn’t understand Fae and their power and so he fears them, and seeks to restrict them. He wants checks against them. He was the same in CoM, when he suggested it was her “dark” secret, when he didn’t want to touch her. 

He is suggesting that Aelin, as he has done since he discovered her noble birth, will rise up and seek to punish all of Adarlan. He suggests that she is wicked, and cruel, and will do terrible things against the innocent simply for revenge. He spits upon her entire character. But, like we’ve pointed out, this has been his fear since BOOK 2. Fear of Aelin’s power and desire to protect Dorian are his two core motivators. 

To conclude, No. Chaol in Queen of Shadows was NOT ooc and was not some massive plot for SJM’s ships to set sail. It was completely in character, and also rather understandable given the pressure he was under and the fear he lived with every day. His mistake was in blaming Aelin and her court - for Dorian, for the world around him. He made a mistake. As all humans do. 

Awkward!

So, tomorrow will be my first shift back with the supervisor I had it out with two days ago. I’m not one for confrontations, I’m honestly not and will avoid them when I can but I’m not about to let someone talk shit about me right in front of me and not stand up for myself either.

I have no idea how his “talk” with our director went after my long conversation with his boss nor do I want to know but with the type of person this guy is, I can see him acting like a total adolescent after the director was done with him. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a really long day and I’m not looking forward to it.

I plan on just doing my thing and keeping things on a professional level but we shall see how the shift goes. Ugh 🙄

Originally posted by imightbeacoffeesnob

I honestly cannot believe I have 1,000+ people following me. I really thought I’d have maybe 100 followers if I was lucky. And here I am, 6 months after I posted my first fic and you guys have just blown me away. Thank you so much to each and every one of you lovelies. I love y’all. x

On to the celebration! I’d been contemplating for awhile how I’d like to best go about doing a celebration and I figured why not do a writing challenge? (Shoutout to @waywardlullabies for helping me choose a celebration!) I love them because they keep me motivated and help give me a deadline to keep fics rolling out. I love AC/DC and I’m sure many of y’all do too- so I have 25 of their songs listed below the cut for you to choose from!


So let’s get into the rules, shall we?

> Sign ups start now and will be open as long as people want to sign up (maxing out at 2 people per song). Please send me a character and the song you would like to do and have a backup in case that one is already taken. (This is the first challenge I’ve ever hosted, so please be gentle and patient with me) I am only accepting through ASK, no messages/reblogs/replies. This is how I’ll be keeping sane track of everything.

> All fics will be due by December 30th (my birthday, actually). It’s okay if you’re a little late- just let me know and I’ll give you an extension. We all have lives outside of tumblr, so I get it.

> 500 to 5,000 word limit (really though, if you want to go over the limit, hit up my ask box- I probably won’t say no to it being longer tbh)If it is more than 1k words, include a read-more link, or I won’t reblog it.

> Can be either Sam or Dean. It can be a gen fic or character x reader, but please no m/m. Can be AU or not, your choice.

> It can’t be used in an existing series (I have so many series to catch up on/start reading already), but it can be the start of a new series or combined with another challenge if you so desire!

> Write whatever you want, really. Write the angst, fluff, smut, smuff, etc. that your heart desires. Please be sure to tag your smut/triggers accordingly though.

> Please tag me in your fic so I can read and add it to the masterlist when it’s done. Please put the song title somewhere in the header of your post. Also tag #Lips’ AC/DC Writing Challenge and/or #Lips’ 1k Writing Challenge in the first five tags.

Any questions? Feel free to ask and I’ll help you out!

Keep reading

boyfriend minhyuk

A/N: i honestly am depending on these posts to keep me alive while school destroys me!!! but do not worry life is good!!! i love monsta x!!! masterlist!!!

Originally posted by beastdw

  • oh man oh boy i love minhyuk let’s just get started shall we???
  • i keep getting distracted by the gif he is So CuTe is my minhyuk bias showing yet
  • smiles for days
  • honestly he’ll spend most of his time just staring at you and smiling and when you ask hime what he’s so happy about he’ll just answer “you” and scrunch up his face and giggle
  • but if you do the same to him oh man someone send that boy strength his heart will be fluttering so hard 
  • definitely has butterflies in his stomach most of the time from you and tells you about it because who doesn’t love being excited by someone???
  • i can see him applauding whenever you do anything like if you do the dishes well he is standing there applauding what a weirdo it’s not like i do the same thing or anything
  • lots and lots and lots of giggling
  • this boy is such a beam of excitement and he will always share it with you
  • okay but being woken up by minhyuk in the morning is actually heaven
  • please watch the video of him waking up jooheon if you havent seen it before and if you have just watch it again and cry because it is so important to me
  • highkey will play hide and seek with you underneath the blankets he is such a child omo
  • will also play hide and seek with you everywhere
  • he loves chasing you and both of you laughing until he corners you and stretches his long limbs and you’re trapped and he gets this evil grin on his face because he knows you have nowhere to go but that you will attempt some crazy maneuver to escape and when he catches you he’ll just say something cheesy until you fall apart giggling and he kisses you
  • speaking of kisses he’s the type to pucker his lips whenever he wants a kiss 
  • the greasiest boy ever
  • so much grease
  • please save yourself
  • also lots of jokes??? good and bad that boy really wants to see you smile
  • COMPLIMENTS FOR DAYS
  • singing under his breath lots
  • please praise his singing always okay like he is so talented and hardworking please make sure he knows this and that you are proud of him
  • whenver you talk to him about serious things or compliment him from your heart he’ll get silent and take in how wonderful it feels
  • squeaks/screams all the time so many high pitched noises he is so cute
  • okay so he is a huge fan of pda
  • anyone else remember that episode of deokspatch when the members complained because he was so touchy feely because i cant forget that episode it changed my life
  • seriously he just loves feeling you with him
  • it brings him so much life and comfort because wow!!! you!!!
  • highkey always smelling you
  • at the most random times
  • you’ll be sitting on the couch watching tv and he’ll sniff you and you’re like ??? and he sighs and says you smell great and like home rip @ me 
  • always down for cuddling
  • especially in blanket forts
  • probably makes a date night ritual of building blanket forts and eating sweets and playing childhood games wow 
  • you two will probably be extra af together
  • even if you’re not extra
  • you’ll be extra with mihyuk
  • making weird faces at each other from across the room to communicate
  • really strange inside jokes ??? you know the kinds i’m talking about ,,, the ones you say with your friend and everyone else around you is staring like wHaT iS hApPeNiNg
  • weird nicknames that ellicit the same reaction 
  • “how’s the weather outside?”"it’s sunNY!!!“ sorry i had to
  • he is super extra but also so so so soft
  • lots of very small but monumental moments with him
  • also very soft when meeting your family or when you talk about something you love or lying in bed and talking for hours about whatever topics come up naturally because he adores the intimacy of getting to know you like that
  • will always be there when you need anything at all do not doubt the dedication this boy has to your happiness okay 
  • probably blurts out “i love you” at the most inopportune time like you trip and fall over nothing and he just laughs and goes “tHaT wAs So FuNnY!!! are you okay? i love you!!”
  • he doesn’t even look embarrassed because he means what he said and you can’t help but laugh and say it back because wow you do really love this child
  • loves sharing things with you 
  • always stealing sips of your drinks and food but he loves to feed you too so it’s okay
  • clothes-sharing is a huge thing he will probably borrow from you too and you’ll soon get to a point where you can’t really tell whose hats are whose or whatever but it’s all chill because you both look adorable and great in everything
  • model af couple pictures
  • meme af couple pictures
  • far too many candids of you two laughing together when you were supposed to be posing nicely 
  • jamming so hard to your favorite songs together and to songs on the radio and to nothing you two are always jamming and going so hard at everything you do because you’re hyped on life together i.e. that right now episode when he is getting pumped about the ocean
  • i should probably stop before i write a novel but get ready for your cheeks to hurt from smiling because minhyuk is wonderful and cares so much
  • minhyuk is precious and deserves all the love in the world and that’s exactly how he feels about you and your days together are pure sunshine and you’ll be with each other through thick and thin and have a language of your own and and he will stare at you forever because he can’t wrap his head around how amazing you are and more than that loving him will make you feel like a kid again and if that’s not beautiful i don’t know what is