- okay but au where the deal with the Moriyamas for Neil goes through and someone in one of Andrew’s Fosters Homes sees Andrew’s violence way earlier in his life. And they become Riko’s Number 4 and 5 when they’re still children.
- And yet, even though their numbers mark them as Riko’s, they have been each others since they met.
- The two of them learning Japanese and French alongside the others, then picking German up so they can talk to each other
- Andrew who takes knives as his weapons and makes it clear to Neil that these ones are for protecting him, not hurting him.
- That same night, the two of them pool some money together and buy a book of baby names. They choose the name Neil to replace Nathaniel because Nathaniel will always be afraid of knives, but Neil will never be afraid of them in Andrew’s hands.
- The two of them always by each others side. It is never like Riko and Kevin, wherein Riko walks in front like a king and the others fall into line behind him, because they are always equal.
- Andrew who has already been through enough foster homes to slice into hands and forearms anytime someone touches him, but who walks thigh-to-thigh and shoulder-to-shoulder with Neil always.
- Andrew and Neil who know each others bodies inside and out because while they were growing, they were also exploring.
- Andrew and Neil who share their first kiss at fifteen without any though because they have always been a “we” because there is no one else for either of them.
- No one ever flat out says it, but Andrew and Neil make a more deadly team on the court then Kevin and Riko ever will. Kevin and Riko may be synced perfectly, but Andrew and Neil know each other inside and out not because they were forced on each other but because they wanted to be with each other
- Neil and Andrew holding down the defensive line almost single handedly because Neil and Andrew don’t need to communicate, they just know what the other is thinking.
"You're not meeting my boyfriend, Tim, because I'd like to date him a while before my brother kills him."