So how do you think the boys would react if their s/o, who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag, suddenly shifts into MMO Raid Leader mode when a fight starts? Like, they get jumped by monsters and suddenly the s/o is calling orders on which monster to kill first and generally keeping them coordinated (and yeLLING AT THEM TO STOP STANDING IN THE FIRE/ICE/ELECTRICITY).
I… Adore this omfg???
- Pretty dumbfounded ngl
- What are you doing?
- Where did you learn that?
- What even is happening right now?
- It isn’t until he sees the others listening to you (let’s be honest, Prompto follows your orders first) that he snaps to it with the warp strike that you’ve been screaming at him to do
- “Damn the Six, Noctis, move!”
- But when he starts listening, he starts getting knocked back less. He starts getting hurt less. The fights go faster and things just start to work
- He repeats: where did you learn that?
- Which is exactly what he asks you as soon as the fight’s over. he grabs your arm and stares you down. He looks kind of mad because he’s so confused, but you just shrug
- “I watch you guys enough while trying to stay out of the way, so…”
- “…Keep…Doing that.”
- He just sort of nods, and you take that as a thank you
- Gives you the weirdest look ever, double-take included, but he doesn’t doubt you
- He grabs Prompto’s arm and drags him to where you tell the both of them to run, just in time to dodge a daemon’s attack
It’s Noctis’s fault that you’re all out at night, but Iggy here still isn’t happy about it
- The fight ends rather quickly, and Ignis is the one to check if everyone’s alright, distributing potions as necessary, and fewer potions are being handed out
- Mostly, everyone’s just hungry, which is so typical
- He doesn’t say a word to you until everyone’s back at camp and you, as usual, find yourself drifting over to help him slice meat or cut vegetables for dinner
- His stirring of the pot slows down a bit and you can feel him watching you out of the side of his glasses
- You legitimately can’t tell if he’s angry or not
- He’s not angry, just about as worried for your safety as he always is, but there’s a long silence before he says:
- “Thank you.”
- And you know what he’s talking about
- He’s probably the only one who isn’t in the slightest surprised
- Well, he’s a little surprised. But you’ve always found ways to surprise him with how you adapt to new things, so he doesn’t think you’re crazy or anything
- This is why he was okay with you coming along. Sure, you’re a little small and a little vulnerable, but he knew you’d toughen up fast
- He’s so proud of you that he almost forgets that he needs to be fighting
- Huh, he thinks, maybe that’s why it’s kind of nice to have your strategies coming from someone else
- He goes in as hard as you tell him to, though he’s a little mad that you’re not putting him in the front line as much as he likes
- Why are you having Prompto shoot everything?!
- This leads to him sitting you down at camp, making you think you’re about to have a lecture about putting yourself in danger, but then he starts talking strategy
- I can so see him drawing little X’s and O’s in the dirt with lines and arrows and stuff
- “So I should be going in first. Always.”
- “No, you should be listening to me and trying not to die. Always.”
- Wait, what?
- Was that… Your voice? Telling him to shoot stuff?
- Hells yeah!
- He actually listens when you tell him to back up, fast, and he can’t help wondering how he didn’t get burnt to death without you telling him not to stand in the pit of flames that the Red Giant they’re battling just released on them
- Not so much of a plot twist: Prompto took up all the party’s potions before you started ordering him around
- “(Y/N) that was so cool!”
- “They’re ordering you around, Blondie.” - Noctis
- “Yeah, looks like they’re wearing the pants now.” - Gladio
- On one hand, the teasing is hilarious. Watching Prompto get flustered at his friends is hilarious. But you’re honestly just doing all of this to keep them all alive
- Prompto catches you alone and gives you a quick kiss to the cheek with a sheepish grin
- He has no idea what to say or how to say it. He’s just really glad you’ve found a way to help out