hi hello my friend doesn't believe me when I say Sherlock is gay and John is bi could you please answer this with stuff to prove her wrong I'm about to go crazy
Oh gosh, it would take me forever to compile a list, as I have a tonne of meta. First, let me direct you to my blog tags:
Alright, let me see if I have any posts that best explain their sexualities:
- They’re Erasing Sherlock’s Asexuality (No They’re Not)!
- Sherlock Shows no Interest in Women
- Why Do People Make Sherlock Straight?
- Isn’t He Attracted to Irene?
- Sherlock’s Glowing
- DELETED SCENE // Sherlock’s Sexuality (not mine)
- Why Would Angelo Assume John’s Sherlock’s Date (Heterosexism)? (not mine)
- Sherlock’s Sexuality (not mine)
- Plus the use of the movie The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, which is the template for the show and is a movie that Billy Wilder quoted later to say that he wanted to make his Holmes gay but could not because of the homophobia of the period.
- Why Does John Say he’s “Not Gay” if He’s Bi?
- John’s Past: John’s Bisexuality
- Signs John Loves Sherlock (not mine)
- Glass Closet (not mine)
- John’s Sexuality: If he’s Been With Sholto, Why Deny Being With Men? (not mine)
- John’s in the Closet (not mine)
- Closeted Bi John (not mine)
- John, His Sexuality, and the Army (not mine)
Those are just the “simple” examples. If you want to go deeper into the subtext, I suggest learning about all the mirrors for John and Sherlock’s relationship (like the gay innkeepers), the use of suggestive lighting, and the drink code.
I hope these help you out a bit!